Bangtan

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

First of all, I'd like to apologize to AssiraNKim and diddy_daddy...I couldn't finish your requests...

Being busy isn't exactly the only reason I'm ending this fic. It's kind of because I'm falling out of the fandom also... I really enjoyed my time being in this fandom, and will still keep up with the times (I'm surrounded by ARMYs how can I not)!

This is a chapter thrown together haphazardly...I'm writing from London so my sleep schedule is pretty messed up from jet lag...

​​Anyways: here is my final chapter:

*********************************************************

"What are you looking at?"

Namjoon peers down over Jimin's shoulder. Taehyung is knocked out in a corner (probably from laughing) and Jungkook is rolling on the ground, barely able to control his laughter.

"Oh my God! That's you!" Jimin brings a hand up to cover his mouth as he laughs at a photograph, the yellowed piece of paper stored carefully in the plastic sheet. The photograph is of small Namjoon wearing Yoongi's "chains" (they're really just pieces of gold paper) and a pair of sunglasses.

"When was that?" Namjoon snatches the photo album away and flips through it. There are thousands of pictures from different places, ranging from that one time they were on the airplane and the one time they were in the butterfly garden and that one time...

"There are three more albums if you can believe it," Jungkook says. "They're all stored in Jin-hyung's room!"

"Jin-hyung?" Namjoon throws the album back onto Jimin's lap.

"Did I hear my name?" the door to the dorm opens and a perspiring Seokjin and Hoseok enter. Jimin scrambles to stuff the album behind his back.

"Nothing, hyung," Jimin shakes his head while Hoseok moves over to deliver a painful kick to Taehyung's back, which causes him to splutter and wake up immediately. The two of them move over to the kitchen to put the foodstuffs into the refrigerator.

"Is Yoongi still sleeping?" Seokjin asks.

"You could say that," Jimin nods.

"We have an interview later. We need to leave soon," Namjoon says. "In...ten. Go wake him up."

********************************************************

"We welcome our guests for the day! Artists who've delivered wonderful music to our ears for four years and counting! Bangtan Sonyeondan!" the host announces, and Bangtan walk into the screen, sitting down at their respective chairs. The interview room is giant, with cameras focused on the seven men in the room.

"2, 3! Bang! Tan! We are Bangtan Sonyeondan!" The seven of them do the usual greeting, and give wide smiles for the cameras.

The interview carries on as like a normal interview, talking about their new album, WINGS, and how far they've come from being a rookie group.

"Speaking of coming very far, the seven of you lived together even when you were young children, is that right?"

"Well, we did. We've been tolerating each other even before pre-school," Namjoon answers, and the members give a brief chuckle.

"Do you have any embarrassing childhood stories you would like to share?" the host wiggles her eyebrows, giving a sly smile.

"Embarrassing childhood stories? You should ask Jin-hyung," Hoseok points across at Seokjin.

"What? Me?"

"Yeah, third guy from the left," Hoseok nods.

Namjoon, sitting in the middle of the seven of them, hands the microphone to Seokjin.

"Embarassing childhood stories, hmm? How about that one time that Jungkook climbed over the airplane seat?" Seokjin grins evilly, and Jungkook looks betrayed. "He literally stepped on the table--you know, the one that you use for meals--and fell over on the other side!"

The group laughs and Jungkook's face flames red.

"Anything to say to that, Kook?" Jimin grins as the microphone was passed to Jungkook.

"I would like to believe it didn't happen."

This sends another wave of giggles throughout the group.

"Oh, right, and the one time we went grocery shopping. They mutinied against me," Seokjin continues with the stories. "Like, they actually went against me, and I think they stole my wallet."

"No we didn't."

"Well, I think you did so--"

"And besides isn't that more of like an embarrassing childhood story of yours?" Yoongi drawls. 

"This is to show you that Bangtan Sonyeondan have not always been the best of role models," Namjoon says abruptly, smiling widely into the camera.

The conversation topic then switches to talking about upcoming performances, which the group responds with enthusiasm.

*********************************

"Nae pittam nunmeul..."

The music starts playing. Giant spotlights start shining in all directions, casting ebony shadows against the blue illuminating the stage.

The seven boys fix the audience with a dead serious expression as they spring into a complicated dance routine. 

When the song was over, the seven of them don't move, even as the spotlight switches off, bathing them in darkness. 

The platform lowers and the seVen of them are transported underground, also known as backstage.

The moment they switch off their microphones is the moment they can breathe a sigh of relief. 

"WHEW!" Jimin lets out the longest breath he's ever done tonight. He glances back at his fellow members.

"I'm losing my touch," Yoongi mutters. 

"It's alright, hyung!" Taehyung hugs Yoongi from behind, grinning as he does so. 

Overhead, they hear the continued performances, of the booming of the drumbeats, the spitting of lyrics into the microphone. 

A testament of how far they've come.

************************
"Hotels Combined...Artist of the Year..."

The entire audience holds bated breaths as they await the announcement of the award. 

"It is..." The MC stalls, smiling at the anxious faces of the nominated artists. 

Hoseok is chewing on his nails, and Jungkook is holding up his jacket, burying his entire face sans his eyes. 

Everyone is on edge, including EXO in the seats in the row below them, and TWICE somewhere near them. 

"BANGTAN SONYEONDAN! Congratulations!"

Taehyung's mouth drops open. Jimin's eyes are wide, and Namjoon suddenly stands up.

The seven of them stride onto stage, in different stages of shock, to receive their prize, the trophy. 

As Namjoon gives his usual speech, thanking everyone (especially ARMY), the seven of them watch the sea of white appear. 

Seokjin remembers the first time he's played with a torch. He was captivated by the whiteness of the light emitted from the torch. Had even shown it off to his fellow brothers. Namjoon had jokingly said that their lightstick would give off a white light if they ever became a boyband.

And now, dozens and dozens of white are appearing all throughout the stadium, the Hong Kong ARMYs waving them enthusiastically.

One of the most beautiful sights they've ever seen. 

**********************

"There, one more," Seokjin slots the photograph into an empty slot in the photo album.

It's a picture of the seven of them straight after MAMA 2016, still dressed in their gaudy outfits with a sheen of sweat matting their hair, sticking them to their foreheads.

"I cried on national TV," Yoongi mutters. 

"It wasn't national TV," Hoseok rolls his eyes. "It was MAMA. I think you cried last year too." 

"Did not."

"PICTURE PROOF!" Taehyung hurriedly flips to the page containing the photograph from last year's MAMA. 

"KIIM TAEHYUNG put that down right now or I'll have your head!"

Jimin and Jungkook watch as Yoongi exhibits amazing and otherworldly physical ability as he chases Taehyung around the room. Seokjin is yelling but no one is taking heed. 

Oh, and Namjoon is knocked out in the other room, peacefully oblivious and snoring away. 

The future is uncertain, but no matter what happens, Bangtan Sonyeondan will be forever together.