Bangtan at a swimming pool

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Hihi! Back with another chapter! Well, for this chapter I had to refer to the Kota Kinabalu package cos there was one part where they were swimming (sort of) in the pool, so here are my thoughts:

Category A: Can Swim: V, Jimin, Jungkook (cos he's the golden maknae)

Category B: Can swim with the floating board thing: Jin (shown) & Rapmon (cos he seems like that type of guy)

Category C: Cannot swim at all: J-Hope, Suga (cos I think he won't even try)

Quick Question: Can you guys swim on a Bangtan scale of Suga to Jungkook? I'm pretty sure I'm Jin when it comes to swimming haha! 

It's a really short chapter cos...I couldn't really think of anything to write...so sorry! But this is in response to Rinahopie1994's request: What if Bangtan goes swimming and lucinda818's request for vkook...well, I tried. Hope you enjoy! 

*********************************************************************

"Let's go swimming!" Jungkook dashes out of the SUV, ready to soak into the swimming pool that Bang Sihyuk finally found time to bring them to. Jimin has his duck tube around his waist as he runs towards the swimming pool, following right after Jungkook, along with Taehyung and Hoseok. Namjoon, Yoongi and Seokjin are following closely behind. They hadn't been swimming ever since that trip to the beach (even then, Seokjin decides that dipping their feet into the water wasn't considered swimming) and when they heard that Bang Sihyuk was bringing them to the swimming pool for the first time in ages, Hoseok and Taehyung had run to their Nerf gun and water gun collection and dug out all the water guns available. 

"I get the blue one!" Jungkook cries, snatching the blue one from Taehyung and running to the baby pool, jumping in with the gun. 

"N-No fair! Yah! Come back!" Taehyung grabs a green water gun, which Hoseok had been eyeing for a while, before jumping in and loading his water gun.

"Wait for meeeeeeeeeeeee!" Jimin cries, jumping into the water with his duck tube. 

"Look here, hyung!" Jimin turns towards Jungkook and is met with a faceful of water. Jimin screams and Jungkook laughs, grinning as he sprays Taehyung now with his water gun. 

"Yah, Kookie! Don't do that!" Seokjin calls. 

"Watch this, hyung!" Namjoon tugs on Seokjin's arm, before cannonballing into the water. There's a loud splash as water flies everywhere, the four kids who are already in the pool screaming and taking cover, before laughing as Namjoon comes up, spluttering water.

"Yah, don't swallow it!" Seokjin shouts, before dipping his feet into the water, 

"Yeah, I know, hyung," Namjoon grins, spitting out a bit more of the pool water. "Pool water's full of chlorin--"

"We don't need to know, Namjoon," Yoongi huffs, sitting himself down on a deck chair and refusing to move. He has his shades on (he got Seokjin to buy it for him) and Seokjin has got to admit that Yoongi looks amazingly funny and cute, like a little boy pretending to be his father. 

"Go play in the water with your dongsaengs, Yoongi," Seokjin says, trying to pull Yoongi off the chair, but Yoongi turns to the side.

"No!" 

"Why not?" 

"Because I dunno how to swim." 

"Jungkookie doesn't either and he's playing happily." Seokjin says, but Yoongi rolls onto his stomach now. 

"Still no!" 

Seokjin has no other choice. He has only one option left, and that is to...

Seokjin whistles, something he's learnt to do in the past week from Jongin. "Jimin! Kookie! Tae! Hobi!" Four tiny forms climb up from the side of the swimming pool and runs towards Yoongi, each securing one limb. 

"Y-Yah! What are you doing?!" Yoongi cries. "Put me d--!" 

Yoongi hits the water, hard, before coming up for air, spitting water everywhere, showing his signature pout. 

"Let's play, hyung!" Jungkook jumps back into the water, and Yoongi has to shield his eyes from three other splashes after Jungkook.

"Play? With what? There's nothing to play!" Yoongi cries, scanning the area around them. 

"Of course there is!" Jungkook cries, pointing to a large...structure...thing. But Yoongi can see that it's a slide--a giant water slide at that.

"Nope! Not gonna go on that! I'm not--whoa!" Yoongi topples back into the water as he feels someone pull at his legs--namely, Namjoon. Yoongi comes up again to the surface for the second time, wanted to scold his dongsaeng, but of course, he can't ever remain mad at his brothers. 

"Come on, hyung!" Namjoon cries, grinning, pulling on Yoongi's arm as he leads his hyung over to the giant water slide, in which the others--with the exception of Seokjin because the eldest has to take care of their stuff--follow closely behind, surrounding Yoongi so that the elder has no chance to escape.

"T-This is sooooo talll!" Hoseok can barely look down. It was his idea after all, though he is getting cold feet about it now.

"Yeah, that's why it's fun!" Jungkook grins, as they manhandle Yoongi up to the top of the slide.

"W-Wait a m-minute! I'm not doing this!" Yoongi tries to fight against his dongsaengs but it's no use. 

"There ya go!" Taehyung yells, pushing Yoongi down the slide.

"Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!" Yoongi screeches his head off as he is washed down the slide, before falling head-first into the water below. He barely has time to duck out of the way before Namjoon and Jungkook hit the water after him, followed by Taehyung and Jimin. There's only one person left...

"Hyuuuuunnnggg!" Jimin calls from below. Taehyung and Jungkook are still giggling at Namjoon who's spluttering water. Hoseok is clinging to the base of the slide for dear life. 

"Come on, hyung, you can do it!" Taehyung cries, ignoring the giggling Jungkook now. Hoseok gulps his saliva down. No, he's not gonna make it. Nope, no, nada. He's gonna cling to this thing for eternity and never let go--

"Let's go, hyung!" 

Someone pushes him from the back, and Hoseok, losing his footing, hits the water slide and screams (even louder than Yoongi) as he plummets into the water with a loud splash, surfacing only to have Jungkook land on him, sending the two back into the water. Of course, what can the rest do but laugh at them? Yoongi, Jimin, Taehyung and Namjoon burst into laughter, Jimin slapping the water and Namjoon nearly falling back into the water as he doubles up from laughter.

"Hobi, are you okay?" Seokjin calls from the side of the pool. 

"He's okay, hyung!" Jungkook calls, laughing. 

"Hey, Kookie! Let's race and see who can swim to the other side the fastest!" Taehyung grins, grabbing Jungkook's hand and diving into the water. 

Since when did his hyung know how to swim? Jungkook remembers going for some swimming course earlier in the year, but even he doesn't quite remember how to swim, but the golden maknae isn't going to lose in this race. Jungkook dives into the water and tries, with his tiny mind, remember the basics of kicking your feet and swinging your arms forward...or something.

Honestly, Jungkook can't remember in the heat of the moment. Suddenly, something feels not quite right. He needs air, immediately, but he just can't seem to find footing on the ground--and when he does, he slips and falls face-first into the water again. Jungkook can't even scream for help, just how like Seokjin told him to if he needed it, since he's in the water and all.

"Yah! Kookie! I gotcha!" 

A pair of arms hold his underarms, pulling him up to the surface, where Jungkook gets a breath of fresh air again. He breathes the air in and turns around to look for his saviour.

"You should have told me if you didn't know how to swim!" Taehyung tries to fold his arms, like how Yoongi tried to teach him, but it ends up in a mess, and it doesn't look at all like how Yoongi does it; professionally.

"B-But I wanna win!" Jungkook huffs. It becomes silent for a while, sans Namjoon's screaming with Yoongi and Jimin's laughter in the background, and Taehyung hugs Jungkook. 

"Okay, you win, Kookie." 

"B-But the race..." Jungkook's confused. "The race..." 

"Yeah, but you wanted to win, so I let you win," Taehyung gives Jungkook his box smile. "So be happy, Kookie! I can teach you to swim and we can have a race!" So, little by little, Taehyung coaches Jungkook, giving applause and tiny compliments here and there ("You're doing great, Kookie!"). Of course Jungkook learns quickly. How can he not? He's the golden maknae, after all.

"Okay, let's race!" Taehyung throws his arms in the air. 

"Whatcha doing, Tae?" Jimin comes over, paddling with his feet as his duck tube keeps him afloat in the water. 

"Racing," Taehyung grins. "Come on, Kookie!" 

"I wanna join too!" Namjoon cries, running over.

"But it's for swimming, hyung. You can't swim." 

"Can too!" Namjoon huffs. "I'll show you!" He splashes into the water, before his head emerges and dips back down again. Though Namjoon's barely moving a few centimeters with every . When he surfaces again and looks at his brothers, he barely made a few inches from where he first started. Despite his failure (of course Namjoon doesn't think of it as a failure), he beams at the rest. "How's that?!" 

*************************************************************************

Of course, in the end, Taehyung ends up winning the swimming race, and not to mention that Jungkook came in a close second. Yoongi decides that a swim race is overrated and grabs Taehyung's abandoned water gun and have began a water gun fight with Hoseok ("No fair, hyung! You always hide underwater!"). Of course, it's safe to say that Namjoon came in last--even Jimin swam faster with that ducky tube.

"Alright! It's time to go!" Seokjin calls, clapping his hands. It's almost twelve noon and Hobeom-hyung said that he was going to pick them up from the pool in half an hour. Seokin drags himself off his deck chair.

"No!" Hoseok pouts, and a second later, a jet of water is shot right into his face, with Yoongi laughing evilly. 

"But hyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuungggg!" Jungkook complains, with Jimin shooting puppy eyes at Seokjin. "We're not done!" 

"But I am," Seokjin mutters. "We need to get you cleaned up already, before Hobeom-hyung gets here." 

It takes a while before Seokjin manages to drag them out of the water (Jimin and Hoseok nearly pulled Seokjin into the pool as a prank, but that won't do--it'll mess up Seokjin's pretty looks), and now, he's managed to get Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi out of the water. Now it's left the maknae line. Seokjin huffs. He has no choice but...

"I'll buy ice-cream for all of you if you'll get out." 

Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung stare up at their hyung suspiciously. 

"With chocolate sprinkles and nuts?" Jimin asks.

"Yes." 

"With pistachio and peanut-butter flavour?" Taehyung narrows his eyes.

"Yes." 

"With cherries and strawberries on top? And whipped cream and chocolate sauce?" 

Seokjin can see the money flying away already, bidding him goodbye with their white wings. "Yes." 

"Okay," Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung climb out of the pool obediently. Seokjin breathes a sigh of relief as he takes three towels and wrap them around the maknae line. 

"Ah-choo!" Jimin sneezes, rubbing his nose and sniffling. The wind that just started up isn't helping his case. Seokjin promises them ice-cream, but only after they got home and the ice-cream they're getting is from that ice cream parlour near their house. As long as it's ice-cream, Bangtan doesn't seem to mind.

**************************************************************

"You really shouldn't have eaten ice-cream," Seokjin looks at the thermometer, and Jimin sneezes again. "That's it. No more ice-cream after swimming." 

"But hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuu---Ah-choo!" Jimin sneezes in the middle of his whining. "Hyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuunng!" 

"No means no, Jimin," Seokjin mutters. "I'm going to get porridge for you." As soon as Seokjin leaves, Jimin grunts as he rolls to his side, facing the wall. He can hear Jungkook playing with, possibly, Hobi-hyung in the hyung's bedroom, and Taehyung is busily scrawling a drawing on the ground. He can vaguely hear Jjanggu's barking and the television downstairs.

And he's not allowed to do anything but stay in bed. 

But a thought occurs to Jimin.

Maybe he'll take swimming lessons in the future...

***************************************************************