Bangtan at a farm

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

"I'll be back to pick you up at the end of the day!" 

Seokjin waves goodbye to Bang Sihyuk as the van zooms from sight. Whose idea was it to come stay at a farm for a day? Oh right. Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook's. They saw the advertisements for the farm that's organizing some kind of games for them.

"Jimin-hyung! Goats!" Jungkook rushes over to a pen housing some goats. The three maknaes run over to the goats, grinning and reaching their hand out to pet the goats. Yoongi, meanwhile, looks around. There doesn't seem to be anyone there except them...and some farmers. There are animal pens everywhere, ranging from chicken coops, pig pens, goats, ducks and there's even a stable for horses, cows and the like. There's a large barn far off into the distance, where Yoongi is sure that it houses...sheep? Well, Shaun the Sheep slept in a barn, didn't he? 

"Hey, hyung, we're moving on," Namjoon taps Yoongi's shoulder. Yoongi snaps out of his scanning of the farm.

"Right," Yoongi straightens his shoulders and heads on forward with the rest of his brothers.

*************************************

"Welcome!" a farmer yells out from the farmhouse situated in the middle of the farm. "Step right in!" The boys run up to him, excited, especially Hoseok, Taehyung and Jimin. But Jungkook is still holding onto Seokjin's hand tightly as the farmer leads them inside. 

"Well, yer the only ones here for now," the farmer his beard. "We've got three rooms upstairs, just fit for you boys." 

"Thanks, mister!" Jimin and Taehyung grin their big grins and run up to the rooms with their bags. Smiling a thanks to the farmer, Seokjin leads the rest of the boys up to the rooms. 

"Come down right after!" the farmer yells as they ascend the stairs.

**************************************

"Hyung, I want the top bunk! Tell Taehyung to get off!" Jimin pouts at Seokjin as Taehyung is nestled in the blankets of the top bunk of the bunk bed. This is the room that Seokjin is sharing with the Double Trouble duo. Meanwhile, Hoseok and Namjoon are sharing a room, along with Yoongi and Jungkook.

"Taehyung got there first, so you have to be in the bottom bunk," Seokjin nods. He, meanwhile, is taking the single bed at the opposite side of the room. Jimin pouts as he slumps into the bottom bunk. Seokjin, meanwhile, starts unpacking, and he's got to get the others of the hyung line to start unpacking too. He's no doubt that Namjoon is already doing that, seeing as his mental age is probably fifteen years old, a teenager trapped in a six year old body, but Yoongi's...a different story.

He finishes placing the toothbrushes, soap, mugs and toothpaste tube onto the ledges in the bathroom. The bathroom isn't as dirty as he expected--it's quite clean for a farm. He steps out of the bathroom to find Jimin and Taehyung looking at him, "Can we go find the other hyungs and Jungkookie?" 

"Fine," Seokjin nods. "Their rooms are just there." 

But he should know better than to let the Double Trouble duo run off on their own.

When he finally takes out the last articles of clothings from their luggage of sorts, Seokjin hears a yell from the room beside theirs. He runs out, and finds Hoseok screaming as Taehyung holds out a bright green spider. 

"Put that spider down!" Seokjin runs forward, knocking the spider off Taehyung's hand. 

"But it was cute," Taehyung pouts at Seokjin. 

"It was poisonous," Namjoon, who's standing against the railing of the hallway, nods, holding up a large encyclopedia. "Bright-colored spiders are poisonous." 

Well, Seokjin thinks. He's just scared of spiders in general. It doesn't matter whether they're black, green, red, yellow or anything of any other colour, they're all just dangerous to him.

"Come on, let's get going," Seokjin mutters. "Are Yoongi and Jungkook done?" 

"Help! Hyung!" Seokjin hears Yoongi's voice from the other room. 

Seokjin shakes his head but heads towards the room anyways, leaving Taehyung and Hoseok in Namjoon's care. He opens the door and sees...a squirrel on the ground. Yoongi yelps as the squirrel moves. Jungkook and Jimin, meanwhile, are fascinated with the squirrel. The squirrel its head to one side and looks over at Jungkook with a stuffed cheek pouch of nuts.

"Get that thing away from me!" Yoongi yells, jumping away as the squirrel moves a few steps towards Jungkook. Jungkook spreads his arms open, and the squirrel jumps into him, clutching onto his shirt. Yoongi yells again and runs outside. Seokjin grins. Now he knows what to do with Yoongi whenever that dongsaeng misbehaves. Now if he can just find a squirrel...

"Can we keep him, hyung?" Jungkook is hugging the squirrel to him.

"No, no," Seokjin wags a finger at Jungkook, hoping to look intimidating enough. "The squirrel is like the turtle from last week. It has brothers and sisters it needs to return to!" 

"Oh, okay," Jungkook puts the squirrel at the windowsill and the squirrel squeaks...or squeals...or make whatever sound it makes, and scampers off. Jungkook turns back to find Jimin imitating the squirrel and suddenly jumps the maknae. "JUNGKOOKIE I'M A SQUIRREL! HUG ME TOO!" 

Jungkook screams and runs behind Seokjin, hugging onto his hyung's waist and using his hyung as a shield.

"Yah, Jimin, stop scaring Kookie," Seokjin scolds. "Come on, let's head on out to meet everyone else." 

**********************************

"First stop are the goats an' sheep," grins the farmer. Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook and Hoseok cheer while the hyungs lag behind. Not considerably. Seokjin's being pulled by Jungkook and Namjoon and Yoongi are just trailing behind, taking in everything in sight. 

"You get ta let them out to the pasture to eat, ya know," says the farmer. "Then you come back and milk 'em." 

"I thought you milked cows," Yoongi mutters.

"Well, we have goat milk too," says the farmer, tilting his hat. "Why don't I show you how ta milk 'em?" 

"Milking goats?" Hoseok walks over to the goats along with the farmer, Taehyung, Jungkook, Seokjin and Jimin. 

"Yep," the farmer nods. He guides a goat towards a shed of some sort, and into some kind of stable. Just like how you'd milk a cow, the farmer teaches the boys how to milk the goat. He lets Jungkook and Jimin try it out, before leaving them in the care of another farmer. He leads Hoseok and Taehyung over to another goat, letting them milk it.

He turns to the rest of three boys, "How wouldja like to help me plow the fields and plant crops?" 

"That sounds like hard work," Yoongi mutters.

"Yep, but it's life, ya know," the farmer nods. "C'mon. The fields are that way." 

Wordlessly, the three boys followed the farmer.

***********************************************

"See, the cows do most of the job for you," says the farmer, showing the three boys how the plowing worked. There're a few cows on the fields now, ploughing the fields with a sort of contraption they've never seen before. "But sometimes, we can't always count on the cows fer help. Farmers needa pitch in too. C'mon. Let's get some tools for you to start ploughing." 

He leads them over to another shed near the fields, and hands the boys hoes fitting for their size. The farmer leads the boys out to start ploughing the fields, Namjoon nearly tripping on air as he swings the hoe around, nearly smacking Yoongi in the shin. Yoongi scowls at him and continue walking, beads of sweat already forming on his forehead.

Seokjin yelps as something hits his shin, causing him to double forwards and fall to the ground, earning a face-full of dirt.

"Sowwy, hyung," Namjoon grins, tipping a farmer's hat where he got from who-knows-where. The farmer, now missing his hat, chuckles at Seokjin. 

"Well, don't hit people too often," the farmer says. "I'd say that it gets pretty painful after awhile." He leads them over to a massive patch of soil. 

"Now, you just dig a little in the dirt, but deep enough to make sure the seeds and grains stay in 'em," the farmer explains. "Then, you just make sure they are evenly spaced apart so we don't have too much seeds competing for water and stuff, ya?" 

"Alright!" Namjoon grins, starting to work already, followed by Seokjin, then Yoongi.

"After this, we gonna gather up the rest o' the boys and pick limes!" 

"Pick limes?" Yoongi looks over at the other two boys.

"I dunno. What are limes, hyung?" Namjoon asks.

"Green fruit things," Seokjin explains, not looking up from his work. Well, Bang Sihyuk-hyung said that this would be a great experience for them--instead of staying at home the whole day. 

"Right," Namjoon nods, and Yoongi dips his head, going back to work.

********************************************

Noon had come and gone before they knew it. Seokjin wipes a bit of sweat from his forehead, preparing for more work when he realizes the fields have all been ploughed. They'd been working and working and before they knew it, all the work has been done. He hears a yell of 'hyung!' and watches as four little boys bound towards him. 

"The goats were awesome!" Hoseok grins. "The farmer said we can bring some goat milk back to drink!" 

"Really?" Seokjin smiles at them as Yoongi and Namjoon walk up behind him, covered in sweat.

"The farmer even said that we can take a lamb back if we want," Jungkook hugs his hyung's legs. "Pwease! Pwetty pwease!" 

Jimin, Taehyung, Hoseok and Jungkook look up at Seokjin, blinking innocently.

"Nonononono," Seokjin wags a finger at them. "Bang Sihyuk-hyung wouldn't approve anyway." 

"PWEASE!" 

Seokjin sighs, unable to resist their puppy-dog eyes. Thinking back, he realizes that this is exactly why they've been able to get away with everything every time. 

"Fine, we'll ask Hobeom-hyung about it later," Seokjin says, ruffling Jungkook's hair. The four boys high-five each other, grinning and laughing as they run back towards the farmhouse. 

"I'm hungry," Yoongi taps Seokjin's shoulder.

"Me too," Namjoon rubs his stomach.

"There's lunch prepared in the farmhouse. The other four are probably already eatin'," another farmer walks over to them, nodding at them. 

Seokjin, taking the other two by the hand, led them over to the farmhouse.

**************************************

The boys scarf down the roasted chicken and black bean noodles before running out of the farmhouse, ready for their next task.

"Right, I'm gonna bring you guys on a nature walk," another farmer, younger than the first one, walk up to them. "There's a big forest out there so don't get lost! Remember, you musta hold each other's hands, okay?" 

"Okay!" Jimin grabs Jungkook's hand, and Hoseok takes Namjoon's, leaving Seokjin to take care of Yoongi and Taehyung. The farmer takes them out to walk, and along the way, teaching them how to caw like a crow, so that if they ever get lost, they'd be able to call out for them.

Seokjin looks around, Taehyung tugging on Seokjin's hand whenever he sees a bird or a lizard. Yoongi tries tugging on Seokjin's sleeve, but Seokjin simply tells him to wait. He knows Taehyung will bug him to no end should he turn his attention away from him. So they continue on for a while, until Seokjin 

"Hyung, Jimin and Jungkook are missing." 

***************************************

"MISSING?!" Seokjin can barely contain his voice. Even the farmer looks back at him after talking to Namjoon about lacewings. 

"Yea, I tried telling you, but you wouldn't listen," Yoongi pouts, folding his arms. 

"I'm so sorry, Yoongi," Seokjin ruffles Yoongi's hair. "Did you know where they went off to?" 

"Somewhere that side," Yoongi pouts to a large patch of over and undergrowth.

"Somethin' the problem?" the farmer asks, walking over to Seokjin.

"Um, two of the boys are missing," Seokjin says. 

"Missing, eh? We'd better go search for them," the farmer says. "But then again...the possibility of finding them before nightfall is very slim." 

"What does that mean?" Taehyung asks.

"I'll tell you later, Taehyung," Seokjin looks back at the farmer. "Then do you think..." 

"Well, we'd best get searching now. It's already two in the afternoon." 

"Are we gonna look for Jimin and Kookie?" Taehyung asks Namjoon.

"Yeah," Namjoon says. "You wanna see Kookie again, right?" 

"Yup," Taehyung nods vigorously. 

"I can't let you kids go and find them on your own," says the farmer. "Tell you what, I'll bring the five of you back and then I'll go find them, alright?" 

"They're our brothers. We gotta go find them too!" Hoseok says, stomping his foot down like a child.

"Fine, but we go as a group," the farmer sighs. 

***************************************

"Hyung, where are we?" 

Jungkook's holding tightly to Jimin's hand, refusing to let go. "Where are the other hyungs?" 

"I dunno," Jimin mumbles, half to himself. "Kookie, I think we're lost."

"L-Lost?" Jungkook looks at Jimin, tears already beginning to form in his eyes. 

"I-I think so," Jimin looks back at Jungkook, teary-eyed too.

"W-Will we s-see the hyungs again?" Jungkook starts bawling, crying his lungs out. 

"I dunno, Kookie! I wanna see Jin-hyung!!!" Jimin cries too, rubbing his eyes. 

"B-But the crow call!" Jungkook remembers.

Jimin wipes his tears, "B-But they can't hear us!" 

"But then we're stuck!" 

Jimin puts his fingers to his mouth and tries the crow call. He calls it. Once. Twice. Three times. 

But there's no Jin-hyung running to their rescue. No Namjoon-hyung, no Hoseok-hyung, no Yoongi-hyung, no Taehyung even (though they'd probably get lost even more with him around). 

"Let's just walk around. Maybe we'll find them," Jungkook grabs Jimin's hand, and leads him through the bushes, both of them almost tripping on roots. 

"B-But didn't Jin-hyung teach us not to leave the place when we get lost?" Jimin, still wiping at his eyes, follow Jungkook as they venture further into the forest, hoping to look for any signs of the farm. 

"That's in book-selling places and toy shops," Jungkook reasons.

"I-If you say so."

******************************************

"You sure they went in this direction?" Seokjin asks Yoongi.

"Yep," Yoongi nods.

"They did come here," Namjoon says. "There are footprints." 

"Footprints?" the farmer looks down at where Namjoon is pointing. "We can just follow 'em then." 

Without further ado, the farmer leads the small group of five boys on, following the faint footprints embedded in the dirt, Taehyung constantly pulling at Seokjin's hand and asking whether they'd see Jungkook and Jimin again, of course, to which Seokjin had to reply 'yes'. 

Finally, the group made it to a river. That's where the footprints stop as they disappear into the river. There are some stepping stones leading across the river, and Seokjin knows that if Jungkook and Jimin had crossed the river, that's how they would've done it. The river is surprisingly calm. It's not rushing and rough as he thought it would be for a river.

"We gotta cross it," the farmer says, tipping his hat. "What say you?" 

"Alright!" Taehyung grins, leaping onto a stepping stone. 

Unfortunately, he slips and falls face first into the water.

"Taehyung!" Seokjin wades into the water to scoop up the now-soaked Taehyung, still grinning and giggling. "Can we do that again?" 

"No, not now. We can come back later," Seokjin says, helping him onto the other side. He helps the other boys over, before climbing up himself. The farmer follows soon after. 

"Right, we've got to get moving!" the farmer says, leading them deeper into the forest.

***********************************

"Jungkookie...where are we?" Jimin holds onto Jungkook's hand as the two of them are still wandering aimlessly in the huge forest. 

"Uh...I dunno," Jungkook admits, but he continues walking on, almost tripping once or twice on the tree roots. He looks up at the trees, and sees that the sky is turning orange. It's already evening. No wonder he feels so hungry and his legs hurt. Suddenly, he hears rustling from the trees above. 

A small squirrel is peering at them from within the canopy of the trees. Jungkook spots it and waves to it. The squirrel scampers out from its hiding place to a branch where Jungkook can watch it. Jungkook waves to the squirrel. 

"D'you know where the farm is?" Jungkook asks the squirrel.

"Jungkookie, the squirrel doesn't know what you're talking about," Jimin feels on the verge of tears again. His stomach is growling and his legs are painful and sore from walking so much.

Much to Jimin's surprise, the squirrel comes down from the tree, and climbs up to Jungkook's shoulder, using the folds in his clothes as handholds and footholds. The squirrel seemed to understand Jungkook. 

"Ya, it's you!" Jungkook breaks into a wide smile. It's as if...Jungkook knows the squirrel? 

Ah! Jimin remembers now. That must be the squirrel that had Yoongi screaming and jumping from the room. 

"You sure?" Jungkook asks. The squirrel nods. "Ya, let's go!" 

"Where are we going?" Jimin asks, Jungkook now pulling on his hand as the squirrel scampers ahead.

"To find our hyungs, Jimin-hyung!" Jungkook's still grinning as the little squirrel leads the way. 

***********************************

"It's nearly nightfall. I'm gonna put a few men out here to search fer them," says the farmer, leading the five dejected boys back to the farm. "You boys best go to bed. We'd call the police first thing if we don't find them by midnight." 

"I understand," Seokjin nods. Jimin and Jungkook...where could they be? 

Already, their little legs are tiring out, and Seokjin had to piggyback a sleeping Taehyung. Namjoon is yawning, and Hoseok is on the verge of falling asleep. Yoongi is fidgeting with the hem of his shirt. All Seokjin can do is worry.

"HYUNG!"

"Be quiet, Namjoon." 

"I didn't say anything." 

"HYUNG, IT'S US!" 

Seokjin turns around, to find two little boys running up to them, crying and laughing at the same time.

Nearly dropping Taehyung, who woke up due to the commotion, Seokjin hands Taehyung over Namjoon before sprinting towards the two boys and envelopes them in a hug.

"Hyung was so worried, Jungkook, Jimin!" Seokjin starts laughing too, the anxiety finally gone. 

"Sowwy, hyung," Jungkook fidgets with his fingers. "Jimin-hyung saw a butterfly and wanted to follow it..." 

"B-But Jungkookie, he..." Jimin can barely get a sentence out before his stomach starts rumbling. 

"Come on--let's get something to eat back at the farmhouse. I'm hungry," Seokjin says, taking the two boys by their tiny hands.

*************************************************

"HOSEOK, STOP THROWING APPLE PIE AT TAE! JIMIN, STOP HUGGING JUNGKOOK! EAT YOUR DINNER, NAMJOON! DON'T STICK THE POTATO STICKS UP YOUR NOSE!" 

"You know why Jiminie-hyung wanted to follow the butterfly?" Jungkook says to Seokjin.

"Why?" 

"It was black," Jungkook looks down at his soup. "The butterfly was black. It was cool...and pretty." 

"I see," 

*************************************************

OMG I actually sat myself down at my desk and told myself, "Alright, you gotta finish this." Well, Jimin and Jungkook got lost here, but I'm gonna do a special on Taehyung getting lost in a city so...look forward to it. I'm gonna just sit myself down at my desk and type out a Jin special. Hope you enjoyed Bangtan at a farm (though I don't think it actually contained a lot of farm elements) Annyeong~