Bangtan in chaos

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Hi! This is in response to ByunTae36's request: what if Seokjin falls sick? Well, chaos will ensue--that's for sure. 

And I sincerely hope Bangtan gets some rest (irl ofc) because seriously, there are just so many things happening right now. I hope V, Suga, Rapmon and Jin get better! Please take care! Fighting! 

Hope you enjoy this chappie!

***********************************************

Seokjin wakes up with a pounding headache. Perhaps it's the cold getting to him? He doesn't know. Seokjin groans as he gets out of bed and he glances at the bedside clock. 8 in the morning? He's been sleeping that long? Luckily, it's a weekend, and the hyungs sleep in...except Namjoon, who gets up early to read that math book he recently got from his teacher for showing much interest in math.

As expected, Namjoon is up and awake, still under his blankets and reading that math book. 

"Oh, I thought you should've been awake long ago, hyung," Namjoon closes his book. "I was getting hungry." 

"Ah...breakfast...right," Seokjin rubs his temples and staggers down to the kitchen. Namjoon follows behind him. "You alright, hyung?" 

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just give me some time," Seokjin says, already dreading the confirmation of his suspicions. He sticks the thermometer underneath his tongue and waits for the anticipated beeping. 

Beep...beep...beep...

Seokjin takes the thermometer out of his mouth. Right...38 degrees celsius, nearly hitting 39. No wonder he feels so awful. Seokjin walks over to the refrigerator and takes out a pack of bread, before taking one out. 

"Hyung, Sundays are pancake days," Namjoon points out from the breakfast table.

"Sorry, hyung's a little sick today," Seokjin says, putting the bread back into the pack and back into the refrigerator. He looks up at the shelf where he keeps the pancake mix and suddenly, the world begins spinning.

********************************************************

"Hyung!!!!" 

Seokjin rubs his eyes. Is this a dream? Or is Hoseok really...

"Hyuuuuung! We thought you'd never wake up!" Jimin tackles him, tears streaming down his face like Hoseok, who jumps into Seokjin's bed soon after. Seokjin feels sore all over on his back, as if he had been dragged...Seokjin surveys the place around him. The living room. Right. The lamp, the coffee table...and he's on the sofa.

"Sorry, hyung. I had to drag you all the way from the kitchen here...with a little help from Hobi," Namjoon looks down at his feet, as if he's done something wrong.

"Hyung's just a little sick," Seokjin says. "Right, you haven't had breakfast. You must be hungry right now." 

"Stay here and I'll prepare the breakfast, hyung," Yoongi says. "Namjoon, let's go." 

Seokjin lies back down, not knowing what to feel. He doesn't know whether to feel grateful that his dongsaengs are so thoughtful and willing to replace him for a day or whether he should be scared that Yoongi and Namjoon are going to somehow destroy the kitchen.

Only time will tell.

******************************************************

"Namjoon, pass me the syrup." 

"You don't put syrup when the pancake is still sizzling," Namjoon points out.

"Right," Yoongi mutters, not liking it when his dongsaeng is right. This is the third pancake they're making, after the first one burnt and the second one went into Taehyung's stomach. "But putting syrup makes it sweeter." 

"But you put the syrup after the pancake is done," Namjoon shoots back. 

Yoongi rolls his eyes and continues flipping the pancake. When it's done--half of it is burnt but half of it is still edible--Yoongi drops the pancake onto a plate and gives it to Namjoon, who serves it to Jimin. 

"Right, let's make another..." Yoongi looks at the pack of pancake mix. There's no more left.

"We neej chu go chu jer gwoshewy shop anj get sham more (We need to get to the grocery shop and get some more.)," Hoseok says, popping up beside Yoongi.

"You're actually smart once in a while, Hobi," Namjoon grins. 

"Hey, I'm ojer den you! (Hey, I'm older than you!)" Hoseok cries, still on his thumb and pouting, slapping Namjoon on the shoulder. 

"Yeah, but hyungs don't their thumbs," Namjoon smirks. 

"See, I'm not doing it!" Hoseok pulls his thumb from his mouth. 

"Right, who's up for a little trip to the grocery store?" 

************************************************

"Stay here and take care of Jin-hyung, alright?" Yoongi waves a goodbye as they walk out into the cold winter air. It's just after New Year and they simply had to head out to get more stuffs for breakfast...but considering it's nearly nine...

"Hyung, I'm hungwy," Hoseok speaks through his thumb. 

"I know," Yoongi mutters. Actually, what's the point of going out there to buy more pancake mix when they can just buy bread or something and eat that instead? Just for today. He relates his idea to his dongsaengs, and they agree wholeheartedly. 

"I want that ham sandwich, hyung!" Hoseok points to a ham sandwich on a big billboard right outside a sandwich store, open for breakfast business. And it's bustling. 

"I got enough won here to get us anything from that store," Yoongi looks at the money in his hands. "I don't think Kookie needs another sandwich. He ate that entire pancake." 

After a heated discussion as to whether they should get ham-and-cheese or kimchi sandwich, they finally decided on four kimchi sandwiches and three ham-and-cheese sandwiches.

***************************************************

"I'm hungwy...!" Jungkook tugs at Seokjin's arm. Seokjin managed to get Taehyung to get an ice pack from the kitchen, and is now resting comfortably in bed, with the cooling ice pack placed atop his forehead. 

"Hungwy..." Taehyung and Jimin echoes.

"Go yell at your hyungs when they come back," Seokjin has to deny the growling of his own stomach. 

What perfect timing. The door bursts open, with the voice of Hoseok floating up the stairway and into the room. Seokjin drags himself out of bed and walks over to the kids who've just come home. Already, the smell of kimchi has filled the room.

"We're back!!!" Hoseok screams, throwing the large bag of sandwiches onto the table, a ham and cheese sandwich in his hand, about to go find his hyung and dongsaengs when he nearly bumps into them running down the stairs.

"What did you get?" Seokjin asks. 

"Sandwiches," Yoongi holds up a kimchi sandwich that he's already eaten half of. "There're two more kimchi sandwiches and two more ham and cheese." 

"Right, choose your sandwiches," Seokjin gestures to his dongsaengs. Taehyung and Jimin grab a kimchi sandwich and Jungkook takes a ham and cheese, leaving Seokjin with the last ham and cheese. The sandwiches are still warm, and still good to eat. And that, is how Bangtan concluded their first breakfast with a sick Seokjin.

***********************************************

"Yay!" Jimin bounces on the couch in the living room, knowing that none of the hyungs would stop him and Jungkook, whom he managed to drag along to play this game of his, will keep him company. Taehyung has decided to watch Hoseok play his newly bought DS that he had asked for the previous Christmas, and of course, playing Pokemon, his love, along with Namjoon and Yoongi.

"Hyung! Don't jump so high!" Jungkook looks unsteady on the couch as Jimin bounces higher and higher, loving the creak of the spring as he lands each time.

"Yah!" Jimin cries, bouncing so high his head nearly hits the ceiling. 

"Hyung!" Jungkook cries, eyes wide. 

Jimin barely registers it as he hits the ground. Hard. Pain shoots through Jimin, forcing tears into his eyes. Jungkook crawls off the couch, peering at Jimin's crying face.

"Hyung! W-Wait, I'm gonna go get Yoongi-hyung!" Jungkook cries, waddling his way up to the hyungs' bedroom. Jimin can barely concentrate on whatever Jungkook's saying as he sees the younger run up the stairs, almost tripping once or twice. Tears blurred Jimin's vision as he starts wailing, crying as the pain in his arm refused to go away. He tried moving his arm, but it only caused an arrow of pain to slice through him. 

"What in the world? Jiminnie?" Yoongi blinks as he clutches his notepad in one hand and a pen in the other. 

"H-Hyung..." Jimin looks distraught. Yoongi notices that Jimin's arm seems to stick out at a wrong angle and he has to hold a hand over his eyes to stop himself from puking. He grabs the telephone and called the only number on that piece of paper stuck to the telephone. There wasn't even a name next to the number. When the person on the other end speaks, Yoongi recognizes his voice instantly.

"Hobeom-hyung?" Yoongi asks, voice a little scared. Jimin was crying louder than ever. "Hyung! Jiminnie's hurt!" For good measure, Yoongi holds the telephone towards Jimin's crying form, hoping that some of his cries has been picked up by the phone. 

"I'll be right there," Hobeom says, hanging up and leaving Yoongi listening to a dial tone.

"Hobeom-hyung will be right here, alright? Shh, don't cry," Yoongi moves towards Jimin, intending to mimic what Jin-hyung would do in a situation like this. At first, he tried making funny faces, but Jimin seemed too old to care. Then, he moved on to toys, but seeing as Jimin's arm couldn't move...

There was a turn in the keyhole of the main door, and Yoongi jumps up in relief, realizing it's probably Hobeom who'd come to save them.

And he was right.

***************************************************

"Will Jiminnie-hyung be alright?" Jungkook looks scared and keeps clinging onto Yoongi's arm as they head towards the hospital. 

"It's the second time he broke his arm," Yoongi mutters, knowing a day without Seokjin will never go well.

And after that, the ride is silent throughout except Yoongi humming his music and Jimin's sleeping noises.

**************************************************

"Use that Great Ball you just got," Namjoon says. "A Pokeball costs 200 Pokedollars so if you keep using it, then you gotta pay a lot, but if you use a Great Ball, the capture chance increases by around fifty percent." 

"How'd you get so good at this, hyung?" Hoseok asks, using his only Great Ball on the Skrelp he wanted to catch because he thought it looked cool...and that he wanted a Dragalge later in the game.

"Because I actually do my research," Namjoon grins. "Unlike you." 

"Yah, stop squabbling. I want to sleep," Seokjin throws a pillow over his head, attempting to block out his dongsaengs, and he was quite proud of using a new vocabulary word he just learnt: squabbling. His head starts to pound again and with his eyes shut, Seokjin tries to reach for the thermometer on the table, only managing to swipe at a medicine bottle and it hits the ground the moment Hoseok yells, "NOOOOOOO!"

He hears the Pokemon's cry and Namjoon laughing. Seokjin doesn't know much about Pokemon, but he's pretty sure the Great Ball...or whatever it was, didn't work. He opens his bleary eyes and realizes his hand was actually inches away from the thermomether, and that if he actually opened his eyes, he would've gotten it and not have to pick up the medicine bottle.

With a groan, Seokjin sticks the thermometer underneath his tongue, waiting for the long-awaited beep. He hears it and takes the thermometer out of his mouth, looking at the tiny black numbers on the screen. Thirty-eight degrees. Not as bad as just now. That ice pack really helped. He rubs his temples as he feels his head start to throb harder. Seokjin lies back on his bed and covers himself in a blanket, arms and legs cold despite his head feeling like a heater.

Seokjin opens his eyes to find Taehyung fast asleep on Namjoon's bed, curled up under the covers. He smiles at the sight of his dongsaeng. Then his head started hurting and Seokjin was forced to turn to his side and try to sleep off his sickness.

Well, Jiminnie's accident was the worst thing that could happen...right?

****************************************************

Seokjin wakes up to a loud crash sound. He turns to his side and finds Taehyung gone from the bed. He hears light snores from above him and concluded that Namjoon and Hoseok were asleep. He got up from his bed, and drags himself to the kitchen, where the sound had come from, and found Taehyung, sitting down on the ground.

Crying.

A scatter of porcelain litters the ground--definitely from a broken plate. And...there was red? Blood? Seokjin rubs his eyes as he heads over to Taehyung, the younger sobbing as he clutches his foot. Seokjin manages to lift his dongsaeng--considering how much he has grown in the past year, and places him on the couch, constantly whispering comforting words into his ear.

"Lemme go get some bandages," Seokjin says, and Taehyung nods. Seokjin trudges over to the kitchen to fumble for the first aid kit, and from there, he picks out the antiseptic and bandages. He was shivering despite being bundled up in a jacket, a scarf and earmuffs, and Namjoon had laughed, saying "It's not the North Pole, hyung." 

Seokjin manages to rub some antiseptic and hold down Taehyung's kicking legs. He barely has enough strength left to bandage his dongsaeng's feet. By the end of it, Taehyung had more tear streaks down his cheeks than when Seokjin first found him, and a little guilt tugs at the older's heart. But then again, he was sick, and when Seokjin stood up to look at his masterpiece, all he saw were bandages haphazardly wrapped around each foot and the antiseptic was already seeping out. Did he dab too much antiseptic in his state he was in? 

"Go and sit down and watch TV or something," Seokjin says, making his way to that little closet he kept all his cleaning supplies. Seokjin absolutely loved cleaning, and cleaning came a close second to cooking and playing Mario Kart and Super Mario, both tying at first place. He took the broom and dustpan and heads out to sweep the pieces of broken glass, making a mental note to visit Jimin in the hospital later and to get a quick update from Yoongi about what happened and how severe Jimin's condition was.

"W-Wait, hyung, lemme do it." Seokjin looks up to find Taehyung shuffling over, his eyes still red and puffy, but he's stopped crying. Taehyung gives a pained expression with every step taken. 

Seokjin shakes his head, patting his dongsaeng on the head. "Just go rest. I'll clean it up. Your foot is hurting a lot." 

"N-No, I'm okay. Hyung's ill," Taehyung says, struggling to walk forward. 

"Hyung said to rest," Seokjin says, using his no-nonsense voice. "I'll clean up the mess and you can help cook something later, okay?" 

With a sulk, Taehyung walks to the couch and plops down on it, switching on the television to Teletubbies, whooping as he sees the blue vacuum cleaner thing coming onto screen, apparently his favourite character in the whole show. 

Seokjin laughs a little, finding his dongsaeng too cute as he sweeps up the porcelain pieces.

**************************************************

"Dinner's ready!" Seokjin calls from the kitchen, knowing full well that Namjoon and Hoseok were still asleep. Those boys could sleep forever if Seokjin didn't wake him up. Seokjin shudders. The last time he let Min Yoongi sleep in, he slept twenty hours straight and Namjoon had spent the whole day calling him an Abra, whatever it was, and Yoongi had refused to let Namjoon watch him play Pokemon the entire day. Of course, Seokjin had made them make up, and the two were besties the next day.

Seokjin walks up to the bedroom and finds Namjoon reading "A Thousand Whys" and Hoseok still asleep. 

"Dinner's ready," Seokjin says. "Tae's already eating and Hobeom-hyung said that Yoongi and Jungkook should be back in a short while. Come on down and eat and wake up your hyung-by-seven-months." 

"He's not my hyung-by-seven-months, hyung," Namjoon groans as he proceeds to tickle the younger awake. Namjoon has been doing that ever since he found out that Hoseok, Jimin and Seokjin himself were ticklish. The first time he was met with it, he had accidentally kicked Namjoon off the bed, and since then, Namjoon has learnt his lesson. No, he didn't learn his lesson about not tickling his hyungs. Rather, he learnt that he should stand at the side of the bed while he tickles his hyungs and dongsaengs awake. 

Hoseok jerks awake, screaming and pushing at Namjoon. Seokjin touches his own forehead, realizing that he's heating up. And his stomach's growling. He needs to get some food into him, quick.

Lunch wasn't much, just something that Bang Sihyuk dropped off on his way to visit Jimin at the hospital. Seokjin hadn't eaten the whole thing--he had no appetite, so he just ate half the rice and a bit of the chicken before wrinkling his nose in disgust at the food (something he promised himself he would never do in his entire life) and pushing it aside, throwing it away with the other empty boxes from the other boys. 

By the time Namjoon and Hoseok managed to start digging into their rice, Taehyung has already finished, and with Seokjin's help, he managed to somehow hobble his way to his bed, deciding to hit the sack early, but refusing to let Seokjin leave because he was scared of the monster in the closet. Seokjin chuckles to himself at how Taehyung could have been taken in by such a fairytale, but Taehyung had looked so scared Seokjin had no choice but to take his 3DS and play it in the dark with it muted as Taehyung slept.

After he confirms that Taehyung's asleep--the latter was a deep sleeper, just like Jungkook, when he falls asleep, there'd be almost absolutely no way to wake him up--Seokjin leaves the room, shutting the door behind him. He sees Namjoon and Hoseok watching Inkigayo, at Red Velvet's Ice Cream Cake's comeback stage.

"You shouldn't be watching that," Seokjin says, switching off the television, feeling more tired than usual. He didn't mind the boys watching the music shows if the dance was...appropriate for their little eyes. Hoseok particularly. Ice Cream Cake wasn't the worst. He once caught Hoseok trying to copy some of AOA or Apink's dance moves and made him go to bed early without ice cream.

"No, hyung!" Namjoon tries to snatch back the remote controller, but Seokjin holds it out of his grasp.

"Go to bed, now, and be good like Taehyung. Or at least go to your bed and read a book or play Pokemon or something," Seokjin mutters, already thinking about collapsing under his bed and burying himself underneath his blankets.

Pouting, Namjoon and Hoseok trudge off to their rooms. At that moment, he hears the doorbell.

"Is Jiminnie back?" Hoseok, forgetting that he needs to go to bed, bounds towards the door. Before Seokjin could say anything, Hoseok swings the door open to find Yoongi, Jungkook and Hobeom.

"Jiminnie's still at the hospital," says Yoongi, taking Jungkook's hand as they walk in. 

"But it wasn't as serious as the other time," Hobeom says. "He should be back from the hospital soon." 

"That's good to hear," Seokjin nods, letting Yoongi and Jungkook in.

"So, how's your fever?" Hobeom continues, standing at the door.

"Um...okay, but I'm tired." Seokjin yawns to emphasize his point.  

"Go have some well-deserved rest, Jin." 

**************************************************

"Hyung, read us a bedtime story," Jungkook hands the book "1000 stories for bedtime", shoving it into Yoongi's hands. Yoongi sighs, taking the book and walks over to the living room, sitting on the couch, with Jungkook, Hoseok and Namjoon crowding around him. That day, the couch was awfully empty. Yoongi somehow missed the times when Seokjin was the one sitting in the middle of the couch, surrounded by his other six brothers. 

Tomorrow, it would be back to Jin-hyung reading the stories, Yoongi tells himself as he flips open the book and starts reading where they'd last stopped. 

The story was about some ladybug that wanted a haircut, and she went to all the nice hairstylists in the world, before realizing that the one closest to home was the best. Throughout the story, the hairstylists that the ladybug met were either snobby, insensitive or just plain rude. After he finished, Yoongi realizes the only one awake was him and Namjoon, and Hoseok and Jungkook were already asleep. Hoseok was resting his head on Yoongi's left shoulder, and Jungkook on Yoongi's right arm. 

Yoongi sighs, and with Namjoon's help, shakes the two awake and leads them up to their beds, where Yoongi has to play Mother Jin for Jungkook and kiss him on the forehead.

After he and Namjoon retreated to their bedroom, they find Seokjin awake and reading a book.

"What are you reading, hyung? Aren't you supposed to be asleep?" Namjoon yawns, climbing into his own bed. The black letters on the clock blinks 9pm. Seokjin chuckles, the Chronicles of Mario in his hand. He had gotten it at some bookstore and was instantly attracted to it, buying it the moment he laid eyes on it. 

"That's lame, hyung," Yoongi mutters, climbing into his own bed and falling asleep a few seconds later.

Seokjin smiles, putting the book aside and making sure his dongsaengs were tucked in and kissed on the forehead before he returns to his own bed. He takes the thermometer from the bedside table and takes his own temperature. Thirty-six-point-nine. He was healthy again. 

Seokjin breathes out in relief as he snuggles underneath his bed and with a flick of the switch, plunges the room into darkness.

***********************************************

"Aaaa-choooo!" Taehyung sniffles as he greets his hyungs and Jungkook at the breakfast table, minus Jimin, of course. Jungkook was sitting in his toddler seat, dressed in his school uniform already, along with Namjoon, Yoongi and Seokjin. 

Seokjin flies across the kitchen and shoves a thermometer under Taehyung's tongue, fearing the worst. When the beep finally came, he checked the numbers on the thermometer and slaps his forehead. The numbers 38.1 degrees Celsius stares up at him. 

"Um...sorry, hyung?"