Bangtan trapped!

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Omg I'm falling so behind on requests haha. Here's ChibiJams' request: Bangtan trapped in their house during a blizzard. Personally, since I live in a tropical country, I experience no snow. Zero, zilch, nada. I don't even go to places with snow (Hokkaido being the coldest country I ever been to) so...only what I see on television or read in magazines. 

I'll do the best I can :p I have absolutely no idea what I'm writing

Quick Question: How cold does your country get in the winter? I'm curious >w<

Anyway, enjoy!

***************************************************************

"And there will be two feet of snow..." 

"You're kidding, right?" Namjoon stares at the weather girl in disbelief. He wanted to get out and play with his tricycle with Yoongi, but nooooooo it just had to snow. It didn't snow yesterday, and the day after that...but it just had to snow today, and my, is it a blizzard outside!

Namjoon looks outside the window dejectedly, resting his head on his hands as he looks out of the window. He feels the room getting warmer--it's probably Yoongi turning up the heater. Namjoon has on three layers of clothes plus that beanie he loves and his scarf, along with a pair of fluffy gloves and a long johns under his track pants.

Yoongi, meanwhile, is curled up on the couch with that notebook of his, with at least five layers of shirts, three scarves, two beanies and three layers of pants. Jungkook and Jimin have switched the channel from the weather forecast to something they actually watch, like Mickey Mouse. Eh...no, Namjoon thinks as he glances towards the direction of the television. They're watching a rerun of Big Bang's performance during MAMA or something.

Namjoon looks back at Seokjin, who's currently preparing breakfast. Yoongi gets up from the couch and heads to his room.

"I need to go out to shopping so--What is that--?" Seokjin appears from the kitchen, and is staring wide-eyed, jaw slack at the window, watching all the tiny snow particles flying through the air, whipped up in a whirlwind of the white thing. He can barely make out the hose in their garden (it's just a few feet away from the window) and he can faintly see the snow-covered form of Namjoon and Yoongi's tricycles. Hoseok's, Jimin and Taehyung's ones are all behind the house.

"It's a blizzard, hyung." 

*******************************************************************

"Why can't we go out and play?" Taehyung asks, pestering Seokjin in the kitchen, who's resigned to his fate that he won't be able to get out of the house to buy groceries...not to mention that today is his Buy-Groceries-day, and since it doesn't look like it's ever going to happen, he has to make do with whatever they have for now.

"Because," Seokjin replies absentmindedly, needing to get this porridge right. The first time he did it, he added too much water. The second time he did it, he used too much rice and too little water and Yoongi nearly choked on the porridge (he was Seokjin's guinea pig), so Seokjin has to scrap that one. 

"Because what?" 

"Can't you see it's almost ten feet of snow out there?" Seokjin points out of the window. Even through the windows, he can practically hear the wind's howling as he watches the snow flit around the air outside.

"Oh," Taehyung mumbles. "But the TV said there's only two feet of snow." He thinks for a while, before asking, "Then can we play in the house, hyung?" 

Seokjin thinks for a while, before giving in to his dongsaeng. "Go wake up Hobi and Yoongi first. I think Yoongi went back to sleep. Then you can go play." I kept all the glitter glue, right? 

Seokjin looks back to his porridge as he hears Taehyung humming some Big Bang song as the younger exits the kitchen. Well, nothing can possibly go wrong, right? 

Right? 

*******************************************************************

"YAH KIM TAEHYUNG!" 

Yoongi screeches as he wakes up, having felt some gooey substance in his hair. He jumps off his bed and looks around, eyes landing on Taehyung's grinning face and jumps out of bed, jumping off from the top bunk and catching his reflection in the mirror.

Yoongi nearly faints. His hair is a bright shade of mint green now--no doubt from paint. Not hairspray or dye. They don't keep hairspray or dye in the house. 

"Jin-hyung said to wake you up," Taehyung laughs as he runs out of the room, leaving a seething Yoongi running after him, the green paint dripping from his hair. Yoongi runs after Taehyung, who's locked himself in the Maknae's Bedroom.

Meanwhile, Hoseok, who is in his bed, sleepily propping himself up on his elbows. "What?"

Yoongi huffs as he heads to the kitchen to complain to Seokjin. The moment he steps into the kitchen, he hears Seokjin say, "Go do your homework." His hyung's back is facing him, trying to stir a pot of porridge. Yoongi's stomach is growling, and he's wondering why his hyung isn't done with breakfast. 

"But I'm hungwy." 

"Don't you use that voice with me," Seokjin knows he'll always give in to his dongsaengs whenever they talk to him that way. He groans as Yoongi comes up to him and pouts, acting like a kicked puppy.

"Oh, okay fine," Seokjin mutters. "It'll be done soon but I'll give you a little taste first." Seokjin holds out the spoon with a bit of the porridge on it, and lets Yoongi taste it. 

Yoongi his lips, "It's salty." 

"What happened to your hair?" 

"Uhm...Taehyung happened," Yoongi mutters.

"Keep washing it every day with enough shampoo and one day all the green will come off and you'll have your black hair back," Seokjin advises, as Yoongi heads back up to his room, mumbling an "Okay, hyung." 

*******************************************************************

"PARK JIMIN GET OFF THE COUCH!" 

Jimin's jumping on the couch again, after Yoongi vacated it to go to his room, joined by Hoseok, who's woken up from his nap and is hyper as always. Seokjin just finished preparing breakfast (which included distributing the porridge into their tiny little bowls, getting spoons for them and setting the table) and has just come to call his dongsaengs for breakfast when he sees Park Jimin jumping on the couch. A little too high for his taste.

If Jimin falls...it won't be the first time.

Just as Seokjin is about to run over to Jimin and Hoseok to get them to get down from the couch, he nearly has his feet trampled over by Jungkook's tricycle as the younger laughs, with Taehyung throwing his arms in the air as he rides behind Jungkook, who's pedalling around the house.

"I swear, Jeon Jungkook get off the bike! Tae, you too!" 

But Jungkook's giggling too much to hear Seokjin--the same goes for Hoseok and Jimin, not to mention the television is still on and is now on Inkigayo with some group he doesn't know. Orange Caramel? SNSD? Seokjin strides over to the couch in three quick steps, swiping the remote control off the couch (and pointedly avoiding Taehyung, who's switched with Jungkook, riding the tricycle around and Jimin and Hoseok's tiny bodies). He turns the television off, and manages to grab ahold of Jimin who lands on the couch at that exact time. 

"Gotcha!" Seokjin pulls his pouting dongsaeng off the couch, before saying, "Go eat breakfast." 

Hoseok notices his playmate gone to eat his breakfast, he follows suit, grinning sheepishly to his Jin-hyung before dashing off towards the kitchen. Now, he's to find some way to get Taehyung and Jungkook off that tricycle. But it shouldn't be too hard, considering that it's just a tricycle. 

But, considering Seokjin's eight years old and Jungkook and Taehyung not exactly going at a slow speed, it's a little difficult. 

Scratch that, it's very difficult. Catching up to them on foot is even more difficult, and judging from the crash that came from upstairs, Namjoon probably broke something again. Yoongi probably fell asleep again too. He needs to go wake his dongsaengs up before he gets Jungkook and Taehyung to eat their porridge before it gets cold.

He opens the door to the hyung's room and calls, "Breakfast is ready!" when Yoongi and Namjoon dash out of the room, yelling back. "I was hungry already, hyung!" 

"That's two down," Seokjin looks outside of the window on the second floor. It's still snowing, but not as bad as a blizzard...but still ten feet of snow, at least in Seokjin's eyes. He glances over the railing, to the final two.

"HYUNG'S HAVING BREAKFAST, LET'S GO, KOOKIE!" Taehyung cries, riding the tricycle at top speed towards the kitchen. 

"Nooooooooooooo! Taeeeeeeeee!" 

CRASH!

*****************************************************************

"What did I say about riding bikes in the house?" 

Taehyung and Jungkook are sitting on the time-out chairs Seokjin deliberately placed at the corner of the Maknae's Bedroom. Jimin is hiding out at the Hyung's room, and, according to Namjoon, hiding from Seokjin-hyung's "wrath". Not that Jungkook knows what "wrath" means.

"Uhhhhhh..." is all Taehyung can manage and he doesn't even dare looking into Seokjin's eyes. 

Especially since they destroyed his kitchen.

Taehyung and Jungkook were saved from the brunt of the impact when their tricycle crashed against the stove, which, luckily, didn't burst into flames or anything. Seokjin ran into the kitchen, a little worried, but after realizing his dongsaengs aren't in any immediate danger, drags the two up to their room (by their ears) and sits them down in the time-out chair. 

"You'll get breakfast only if you'll clean up the bowls afterwards, for destroying my kitchen." 

"Okay, hyung," Jungkook and Taehyung can only dip their heads and accept whatever fate deals them. They hop off their chairs to head to the kitchen to get food. Seokjin hears his stomach growl as he watches the two leave. The three of them haven't eaten yet, and it's already 8:45 in the morning. 

Just what are they going to do for the rest of the day? Seokjin thinks as he sits himself down in front of his bowl of porridge and watches as Taehyung and Jungkook eat their breakfast sulkily. He watches as his dongsaengs obediently head over to the sink to wash the bowls the other four left behind, dragging their feet as they do so.

Seokjin, after finishing his own porridge, walk to the sink, standing behind the two, who are busy scrubbing the bowls clean with the sponge and soap. He puts his bowl down at the side after Jungkook and Taehyung finish with two bowls. He turns the two over to face him. "Next time, don't ride your trike in the house, okay? It's dangerous and hyung doesn't want you to get hurt. Can you promise not to ride your tricycle in the house again?" 

"Okay," Jungkook and Taehyung nod, Jungkook having his cheeks puffed up, and the two of them are staring at the ground.

"I'll wash the rest. You can go up and find your hyungs." He ruffles his dongsaengs' hair, before seeing Jungkook and Taehyung brighten up, mouths turning upwards in goofy and toothy grins. 

"Okay!" Jungkook and Taehyung run out of the kitchen. 

Seokjin takes over the washing of the dishes and scrubs the bowls clean, kind of regretting it when he hears Jungkook and Taehyung bragging to Namjoon and Hoseok about not needing to do the dishes.

***************************************************************

"When can we go out and play, hyung?" Hoseok asks, tugging at Seokjin's sleeve when the older's trying to finish up his homework.

"Not today. Never," Seokjin says, flipping through the pages of his math book and trying to work out this problem sum, with Namjoon peering over his hyung's shoulder.

"That's a 5 times 13, hyung," Namjoon says. "It's sixty-five, because 5 times 12 is 60. It's not 55 because 55 is 5 times 11." 

"You lost me at times," Seokjin mutters, tapping the numbers furiously into a calculator, and whoop-dee-doo. Namjoon is right yet again.

"When can we go out and play, hyung?" Hoseok turns to bugging Yoongi now, seeing as Seokjin isn't going to give him a positive answer.

Yoongi is busy bobbing his head to the music playing in his headphones while he's scribbling something on that notepad of his. What it is, Seokjin will probably never know. Ever since he, Namjoon and Hoseok signed up to go for a basic rapping and beatbox course (which is going to last a few months and will take up most of their Saturday afternoons), Yoongi has been scribbling in that notepad with more fervour than Seokjin has ever seen before.

"Hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuung," Hoseok keeps poking Yoongi's cheeks until the older can't stand it anymore.

"Yah, what?" Yoongi scowls as he looks at Hoseok and he throws his headphones onto the bed. 

"When can we go out and play?" Hoseok asks again, showing his hyung puppy eyes.

"Never," Yoongi says. Namjoon quickly escapes to hide out in the Maknae's Bedroom.

"Why?" Hoseok asks, continuing to pull at Yoongi's slightly mint-green hair. 

"Yah stop pulling my hair!" Yoongi growls. 

"Why can't we go out and play?" Hoseok asks, sitting down on Yoongi's bed.

"Because," Yoongi says, using his beloved excuse. Every time anyone from the Maknae line asks for a reason, he gives this answer, including Hoseok. But it looks like the oldest out of the bunch is not going away this time until he gives a definite answer. "It's cold." 

"I can play with coats on," Hoseok counters.

"Yeah, but it's still too cold to play outside," Yoongi says. "Didn't you see the snow?" 

"But hyuuuuung," Hoseok whines. 

"Yeah, go freeze your off--" 

"Yah Min Yoongi did you just use the 'b'-word?" Seokjin shoots up from his seat and heads towards Yoongi, where Hoseok has retreated to his own bed and is grinning like a kid after receiving his birthday presents.

"U-Uh, hyung, it was an accident..." Yoongi looks around for Namjoon, his (usually) saving grace, but it looks like Namjoon's enjoying the show, laughing inwardly (and inaudibly) at Yoongi's predicament. Yoongi can't help but shoot a glare at his dongsaeng, before turning to Seokjin who looks like he's flown off the handle.

"Alright, Min Yoongi, you'd better give me a reason right now." 

*********************************************************************

"That's five-hundred dollars, Kookie," Taehyung grins, taking a five-hundred dollar bill from Jungkook's stash of Monopoly dollars ("this kid is good at this game" Jimin had whined). 

"Noooo! It's fifty!" Jungkook cries in indignation. 

In the end, after Hoseok came to find the maknaes and Namjoon having retreated to the Maknae's Bedroom to escape Seokjin's wrath, started a game of Monopoly with Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook. Jungkook's in the lead, with at least three five-hundred dollar notes (including the one Taehyung just snatched) and ten one-hundred dollar notes. Not to mention at least eight properties.

However, the only one who's not blundering through the game is Namjoon, who's instructing the rest on what actions should be taken should something happen, etcetera. But of course, Taehyung and Jungkook pick up on the game quickly, though they still need to ask Namjoon the meanings of "rent" and "mortgage" sometimes. Jimin's math skills really improved a lot--he can count up to five hundred now instead of the one hundred he used to be able to count to.

"Yeah, Jungkookie's right, Tae," Namjoon says. "There's only one zero, so it's fifty. Not five-hundred." 

Hoseok can't tell if it's one of Taehyung's pranks to win the game or if the younger really doesn't know that one zero meant fifty.

"Wait a minute, isn't that my property?" Hoseok looks at the property that Jungkook landed on, Aladdin (they had the Disney edition instead of the normal one because Jimin and Taehyung found the normal one too...normal and boring). It's Hoseok's property, and he has the property card to prove it.

"Seriously, Tae?" Namjoon grins, as he takes fifty dollars from Jungkook and handing it over to Hoseok. 

"I thought it was mine...oh," Taehyung looks at his green property and sees that it's Bambi, the property taking up the square beside Aladdin. 

"Yeah, oh," Hoseok grins, putting the fifty-dollar bill with all his other dollar bills. Like Jungkook, Hoseok's amassed a great number of dollar bills too, but of course, less than Jungkook's stash.

"DINNER'S READY!" The call comes from downstairs.

"Coming!" Namjoon calls back, before the group of five ditch their game and run down to the kitchen, where a rather sulky Yoongi is sitting. 

"What's for dinner?" Jimin can smell it already. The food.

"Something nice," Seokjin says, and presents to them...

Kimchi fried rice.

"Whoa! Cool!" Jimin cries, as Seokjin fillls their bowls with the food. The maknae line plus Hoseok begin digging into their food, inhaling rice like air.

"Yah, don't choke," Seokjin mutters. He shoves some fried rice onto Yoongi's bowl before moving back to his seat to eat the rest.

"Come on, hyung, cheer up!" Hoseok looks at this hyung, who's pouting even while eating his rice. "Smile, hyung!" Hoseok tries to push Yoongi's mouth into a smile, but the elder dodges away, picking at his rice again.

"Yeah, cheer up, Yoongi-ah," Seokjin says, shoving rice into his mouth. 

When that doesn't work, Seokjin tries his next tactic, "I'll promise you that big bag of Doritos you wanted to eat after dinner." 

Taehyung and Jimin's eyes light up at that, but Seokjin shoots them a glance that makes them think twice.

"Alright, Yoongi, we'll go to the park later." 

At least, this elicits a response in Yoongi, who starts eating his food faster. Seokjin glances out of the window and prays that he didn't just send himself to his doom in this freezing weather. The rest of the table cheers upon hearing that they're heading over to the park, and all start talk excitedly about how they're going to make snowmen and play snowball fights.

*******************************************************************

As Seokjin steps out of the house that day, he almost regrets bringing them to the park, especially after that blizzard and having to wade through two feet of snow (considering he's only about three feet himself), but seeing that Yoongi (who's barrelling through the snow like nobody's business) and the rest of his brothers have smiles on their faces.

He really doesn't regret it at all.