Bangtan at a karaoke session

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

Hi, this is in response to ChibiJams' request. I don't know if this is what you're expecting, haha, but I tried to make sure the boys aren't in the same place all the time, so... it took me a while to decide where they should be, but hehe. 

Request: The boys dancing to girl group dances 

Hope you enjoy as usual!

******************************************************************

"What's karaoke, hyung?" Jimin asks as Yoongi slams the door to the house and locks it, muttering something about wanting to stay home. 

"Karaoke's about singing," Yoongi replies, taking the younger's hand and leading him out to the car. 

"But why do they call it karaoke? Why not just singing?" 

"Well, you tell people you go to karaoke, right?" Namjoon pipes up from behind them. "You don't tell people you go to singing." He climbs into the car, and Hoseok was already inside with Taehyung jamming to some music playing from Seokjin's iPod. Seokjin, meanwhile, is sitting at the front of the car, ridings shotgun. Bang Sihyuk hasn't come yet. Namjoon sits beside Taehyung, much to his discontent, and Yoongi sits next to a sleeping Hoseok. Jungkook moves to sit on Seokjin's lap and Jimin sit next to Namjoon, jamming out to the song too, and Namjoon somewhat regrets choosing to sit between the 95-liners. 

Bang Sihyuk arrived not long after, got Seokjin to turn off the music, Taehyung and Jimin to buckle their seatbelts and the car moving. The drive to the karaoke place didn't take long. 

"Here it is," Bang Sihyuk says, showing the boys to a tiny room, where there was a large monitor at the far end of the room--with a screen as big as their own television at home, and there were snacks on the table in the middle of the room which is surrounded by three large sofas. Taehyung and Jimin happily ran from the doorway to the couch. 

"What's this?" Jungkook heads over to the table and finds a microphone. Yoongi had already gone over to the table and picked up a packet of potato chips--sour-cream-and-onion-flavoured--and opened it, stuffing the salty things into his mouth. 

"It's a microphone," Bang Sihyuk explains. "You sing into that." 

"Oh, cool!" Jungkook looks at the microphone, before screaming into the thing. With the speakers, the sound was amplified and Seokjin had to hurriedly pull the microphone away from Jungkook, lest everyone lose their hearing. 

"Don't ever do that again!" Seokjin hisses, his ears still ringing. 

"Sowwy," Jungkook looks up at him with puppy eyes, and Seokjin sighs, ruffling the younger's hair and letting Jungkook sit next to him on a couch facing the television.

"Right, let's start karaoke!" Taehyung yells, pumping his fists in the air. 

**************************************************

"What song you wanna do?" Seokjin asks Namjoon, as the latter flips through the different songs. 

"Trot songs!" Taehyung pipes up.

"Trot songs?" Namjoon goes to the Trot songs category, and sees faces of many singers he'd never seen in his life. This was surely no Big Bang or Shinee or Super Junior. 

"What are Trot songs?" Hoseok asks Taehyung. 

The younger smirks as the other six boys turn to face Taehyung, waiting for the explanation, Taehyung obviously loving the attention he's receiving. "Trot songs are awesome! Go and listen to one!" 

Yoongi groans, as Namjoon selects a song randomly. Loud music begin to blare from the speakers, and Namjoon, who was sitting closest to the television, yelps. Taehyung whoops and jumps onto the sofa, bouncing up and down as he screams out the lyrics. Of course, he didn't get all the lyrics right, but Seokjin was somewhat impressed at the accuracy, considering that whenever Seokjin saw Taehyung, it was either jumping on the couch at home with Jimin and Jungkook (which, of course, after seeing them, Seokjin made them sit at the time-out corner) or watching Hoseok play Pokemon and Kirby. 

"Nonononono," Seokjin mutters, grabbing the remote and returning to the songlist. Taehyung is still jumping in ecstacy even after the song has stopped, pumping his tiny little fists into the air, only stopping after he realizes that his hyungs and even Jungkook was staring at him. He stops, and the room was silent for a moment, and the only sound in the entire room was Yoongi and Hoseok munching on chips. 

"Give me one," Jungkook holds out his hand, as if the scene never happened, and Seokjin liked it that way. 

"Sit down, Tae," Seokjin nods at the younger, and with a mumbled "sorry", Taehyung sits back down next to Jimin.

"I wanna listen to Big Bang!" Jimin cries. 

"Big Bang?" Namjoon changes to the Big Bang songlist, and Seokjin instantly recognizes the face of G-Dragon, T.O.P., Seungri, Daesung and Taeyang. 

"I wanna Eyes. Nose, Lips," Taehyung grins. "Because it's sung by Taeyang and it sounds like Taehyung." 

"That's a stupid reason," Yoongi pipes up, cowering back when Seokjin shoots him the "don't-you-dare-say-the-'s'-word" look. 

"Hyung, Yoongi-hyung just said the 's'-word," Jungkook grins, loving to tattle on his hyungs. Yoongi groans and sinks back into the sofa, and begins munching faster, with Hoseok whining, "Stop stealing all the chips, hyung!" 

"I know," says Seokjin, ruffling Jungkook's head. "I'll make sure he doesn't say it next time." 

Suddenly, the loud instrumental piano of Eyes, Nose, Lips fill the room, and Jimin has grabbed onto the microphone, singing in time with the instrumental. Jungkook hops off his place on the sofa and stumbles over to Jimin, the two of them singing their hearts out into the microphone. 

When the chorus has come, the whole room was practically screaming along with main singers Jungkook and Jimin. Of course, Seokjin couldn't expect everyone to sing perfectly. Most of the time, Hoseok and Yoongi were singing off-key, and Namjoon was actually getting better at singing. Since when he improved, Seokjin didn't know. 

After the song concludes, a number flares up onto the screen: 80/100.  Small fireworks appear next to the numbers. Jungkook yells and throws himself onto Seokjin's lap, burying his face into Seokjin's stomach before looking up at his hyung. "It's an 80, hyung!" 

"Yeah, it's not bad," Seokjin nods, patting Jungkook on the back. 

"Yeah! It's not bad! Does it mean it was good?" Jimin bounces towards Seokjin with puppy, shining eyes. 

"Of course it was good," Seokjin nods. 

With that, Jimin and Jungkook start running around the room, with Hoseok and Taehyung joining in not long after. 

When the laughter and cheers have died down, everyone returns to their seats.

"What do you want to sing to?" Namjoon asks, flipping through the many songs. "You pick, Hobi." 

"Hobi-hyung," Hoseok mutters. 

"Yah I'm your dongsaeng only by seven months." 

Seokjin sighs. Namjoon managed to get Hoseok to call him "hyung-by-seven-months" for a day just because Seokjin was sick, his head was messed up and he accidentally told Hoseok to "wake his hyung-by-seven-months". Hoseok hadn't even realized Seokjin's mistake until he called Namjoon that and the younger guffawed at Hoseok for the entire day, leading to Hoseok being sulky the entire of the next day, only grinning and smiling when Seokjin promised to take him to the hospital to visit Jimin.

"Come on," Yoongi snatches the remote controller from Namjoon and looks towards Hoseok for suggestions. 

"SISTAR's Touch My Body!" Hoseok cries. 

Seokjin's jaw drops, "Nonononono! We're not listening to that!" 

"B-But hyung, I know the dance!" Hoseok jumps off his sofa, running to the other couch and pulling Jimin with him. The two break out into the dance of Touch My Body. Taehyung, Jungkook and Yoongi were watching, eyes wide, while Seokjin and Namjoon were covering their eyes. 

"See!" Hoseok grins as he finishes the chorus. 

"That was...amazing," Namjoon says. "Now, let's move on to the next song." 

"B-But you didn't even play it," Hoseok pouts, accompanied by Jimin. Taehyung and Jungkook were laughing their hearts out at the two of them making very similar expressions. 

"Let's sing something else. Just not that," Seokjin can't even bring himself to say the name of the song. 

"Red Velvet Ice Cream Cake?" Jungkook suggests. "Hobi-hyung's good at that dance!" 

Seokjin starts questioning what Hoseok does in his free time other than going for some dance class that he managed to get Bang Sihyuk to sign him up for with Jimin and Jungkook and playing Pokemon and Kirby. Of course, he'd never read a book unless Seokjin promised him chocolates after dinner and television time for another half hour, which Seokjin never would, because Taehyung, Jimin and Yoongi would be screaming about how unfair it was.

"Fine, we can sing that," Seokjin sighs, looking through the songs of girl groups until he found it. He clicks the "OK" button on the remote and loud music starts playing. 

Hoseok jumps up again, and starts dancing solo to Ice Cream Cake. This time, it was Yoongi, Namjoon and Seokjin covering their eyes while Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin are staring, impressed or dumbfounded or both, at their Hobi-hyung, especially when he shakes his bottom like nobody's business, screaming along to the song.

"I scream! You scream! Someone gimme that ice-cream!" the maknaes scream along as Hoseok finishes the dance, and the maknaes refuse to sing the last line properly because they find the last line weird. 

Seokjin and Namjoon were speechless, and Yoongi had long hidden behind the couch.

"I...see..." Seokjin reminds himself to make sure not to let Hoseok watch anymore girl group dances. 

"Wait, how about this one?!" Jimin snatches the remote from Seokjin and begin looking through the songs. He stops at SNSD's Gee, and drops the remote, letting the metal thing clank heavily to the ground as he, Hoseok and Jungkook start their routine, laughing as they shake their hips to the music. Taehyung, somehow, managed to get hyped up enough to join in, but of course, his dance wasn't as on-point as the other three. Then again, Namjoon had decided to join the fun and was screeching the lyrics into the microphone. 

When they are done, Seokjin stares at the number on the screen. It isn't a 0/100 or a 10/100 like the last times (because everyone had totally forgotten about the microphone and were just either too embarrassed or too amazed with their Hobi to even sing) and instead, is a decent 60/100, considering Namjoon's singing...or more like whining. 

"Yah, my turn!" Yoongi says, taking the microphone, his lips covered with salt. Seokjin looks over at the couch where Yoongi and Hoseok were sitting and finds nearly three packets of opened and finished potato chips. 

Yoongi had put on a slow song, one that Seokjin doesn't even know the name to. 

So the entire morning and afternoon is spent in this fashion, with the boys either trying to get Yoongi or Seokjin (or whoever has the remote) to play girl group songs for Hoseok to dance so they can watch in amusement or making it their mission to get Seokjin and Namjoon to dance to EXID's Up and Down or AOA's Miniskirt. Jungkook discovered he has a liking for Girl's Day's Something, and Yoongi decides he'd rather dance to Orange Caramel's Catallena, obviously not getting half the moves right. 

At the end of the whole session, the boys were laughing and sprawling all over the floor, pounding their fists into the ground, breathless and stomachs hurting, but they were still laughing some more at Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok's horrible scores at the karaoke machine. But that's alright, because the three of them laugh together with the rest. 

In the end, surprisingly, it was Jungkook who got the highest score, a whopping 90/100 for Girl's Day's Something. Not to mention he was singing while dancing. 

"You know what, you need a nickname!" Jimin cries excitedly, as the boys were being led out of the karaoke room. 

"What's a nickname?" Jungkook's eyes hold curiosity. 

"Like Jungkookie," Seokjin explains. "People call you something different from your real name. Like Kookie." 

"But I just wanna be called Kookie," Jungkook pouts. 

"Golden Maknae!" Taehyung yells from behind them. "You're good at everything!" 

"N-No I'm not!" Jungkook's cheeks are turning red. "You're so mean, hyung!" 

"He just called you good at everything and you call him mean," Namjoon chuckles. "The Golden Maknae. I like it." 

Golden Maknae, huh? Seokjin grins. 

He likes it too.

**********************************************************