Bangtan at the beach

Adventures of Bangtan toddlers

"Are we there yet?" Jungkook asks for most likely the hundredth time since the start of the trip. 

"Nope," Namjoon doesn't even look up, completely immersed in the book he's reading. 

Jungkook squirms in his seat, trying to get a view of the world outside. They're finally going to the beach, after much persuasion from the maknae line, Hobeom has finally agreed to bring them to the beach, on the condition that they'll not cause any trouble. 

But then again, who can say that with the boys?

"Are we there yet?" Jungkook asks again, watching the scenery go by fast.

"Nope," Namjoon says a little more irritably. He looks at Yoongi, "Your turn, hyung." 

"Are we there yet?" Jungkook looks up at Namjoon, whom he's sitting beside.

"Nope," Yoongi says, head resting on his hand, his elbow propped up against the window and staring out of the car.

Meanwhile, directly behind Seokjin, who is in the passenger's seat, Hoseok, Taehyung and Jimin are squealing about whatever they're going to do at the beach once they're there, like swim, build sandcastles and just simply bury each other in sand up to their toes. 

The car finally pulls to a stop in the parking lot. Hobeom yells to the boys, "We're here!"

Hoseok, Taehyung and Jimin practically fall over each other as they run out of the car, screaming and yelling, armed with tiny buckets, spades and sieves. Jungkook tries to run after them, almost tripping over his own two feet. Seokjin grasps Jungkook's waist, and helps him up, taking his pudgy, tiny hand and leading him towards the golden sand of the beach.

***************************************

"YAH KIM TAEHYUNG, PARK JIMIN STOP POURING SAND DOWN MY SHIRT!" Yoongi visibly jumps from the sunbathing chair he's sitting on, notepad in hand. Taehyung and Jimin burst into laughter as they run far away from Yoongi, bucket in hand.

Seokjin looks up to find Yoongi yelping and running after Jimin and Taehyung, the 95-line dashing towards the water, where they know Yoongi will never follow them to. Seokjin looks back down at the sandcastle he's helping Jungkook build. Jungkook has been very keen about the moat, but Seokjin says that the castle needs to be built first, so Jungkook is using his spade to shovel scoops of sand into the bucket, humming a little tune as he does.

Seokjin looks up again...only to find that Yoongi actually chased the Double Trouble duo into the water, splashing water at each other. But he didn't think that the next thing would actually happen. Taehyung and Jimin are running towards him, yelling, "HYUNG! Yoongi-hyung's buwwying us!" Before Seokjin has a chance to act, Taehyung and Jimin have stepped hard on the sandcastle. 

Jungkook looks at the castle, tears forming at his eyes already. Yoongi runs up, and Seokjin glares at the three boys. "Look what you did to Jungkook's sandcastle!" Jimin and Taehyung hang their heads, already about to start sobbing too. Yoongi actually looks sorry and regretful. 

"Yah, just go and play far away from here," Seokjin mutters. Then...the worst thing imaginable happens. 

Jungkook starts crying. 

Not just crying. Bawling his eyes out. Jungkook flails at the sand, tears streaming from his eyes as he screams and kicks. "MY SANDCASTLE!" Seokjin picks Jungkook up and starts cooing at him, rubbing his back and trying to get the maknae to calm down. What's even worse...is that Jimin and Taehyung also start crying.

Realizing there's probably no way that Seokjin can really pacify them, the eldest hyung looks towards Yoongi for help. Yoongi points towards an ice-cream stand not far from where they are. Giving Yoongi a thumbs-up, Seokjin leads the three maknaes over to the ice cream stand. At the mention of ice cream, the eyes of the three maknaes dry immediately, each of them hugging their hyung.

"You're smart," Seokjin nods at Yoongi, eating his own ice cream. Seokjin looks around. Come to think of it...where are Namjoon and Hoseok? Better not be kidnapped...he'll never hear the end of it and Bang Sihyuk and Hobeom will worry. 

"HYUNG HELP ME!" 

Seokjin looks over to the voice, to find Namjoon buried under a pile of sand, Hoseok happily piling more sand on top of his dongsaeng-by-seven-months. Seokjin gapes and runs over, "Hoseok! Get Namjoon out from under there!" 

Hobi grins at Seokjin, "But hyung, Joonie looks funny." 

"N-No! Get me outta here!" Namjoon tries to thrash about, but only his neck is able to move.

Seokjin looks back at his four dongsaengs eating ice cream, and an idea pops into his head.

"Jungkook, do you want to build a moat?" 
*************************************************

"Yeah, you just have to get the sand off your hyung and then you'll have a trench big enough for a moat," Seokjin says, as the three maknaes have finished their ice cream and are walking over to Namjoon with shovels and buckets in their hands.

"Lemme help!" Hoseok reaches for another pair of spade-and-bucket beside Yoongi. Yoongi, meanwhile, is still busy on his ice cream, determined to make it last as long as possible. 

"You wanna join us, Yoongi?" Seokjin looks over at Yoongi.

Yoongi shrugs, "Nope." 

Seokjin nods, and walks over to Namjoon, helping in the team effor to get him out of the sand. Finally, there is enough sand off him for Namjoon to get up by himself. And incidentally, there is a Namjoon-shaped dent in the sand. 

"Thanks, hyung!" Namjoon brushes sand off himself. Hoseok looks down at the sand, fidgeting with the hem of his shirts, "Sowwy, Namjoon." 

Namjoon shakes his head, "It's okay."

"Jin-hyung!" Jungkook is stumbling across the sand, bucket full of water in hand. Seokjin, his sixth sense telling him Jungkook's going to trip, dashes across the sand and manages to catch Jungkook as he trips on a piece of wood buried in the sand. Water splashes all over Seokjin, drenching his perfectly dry shirt and hair. 

"You okay?" Seokjin asks. 

"Yup," Jungkook nods. He picks up the empty bucket. "It's empty." 

"I'll help you take the water for the moat, okay?" Seokjin brings Jungkook back to the sea, and begins filling up the bucket with water. He brings the bucket back filled with water and pours it into the sand. With a little more help from Taehyung and Jimin, the boys managed to create a Namjoon-shaped puddle of water in the middle of the sand.

"Yay!" Jungkook yells, jumping into the water, and starts splashing around with Taehyung and Jimin. 

Seokjin smiles at them, then looks around. Where in the world are the hyungs? 

"Jin-hyung!" Hoseok runs over from some pools of water framed by rocks. "Yoongi-hyung found a starfish!" 

"Starfish?!" Jungkook leaps up. "Yeah, let's go!" 

************************************************************

"HYUNG! MONSTER!" Hoseok screeches, running behind Seokjin. Seokjin laughs. It's Yoongi with a starfish on his face.

"It's not a monster. It's Yoongi." 

"Ah...I knew that," Hoseok shuffles out from behind Seokjin as the rest of the boys burst into laughter. Yoongi peels the starfish off his face. "You're so fun to scare, Hoseok." 

"Meanie," Hoseok pouts. 

"Look, there's stingray too!" Namjoon bends over the pool of water. He is about to reach his hands in with Seokjin grasps it. 

"Stingrays are poisonous," Seokjin says. "No touching." 

"But why does Jimin get to touch it but I don't? He's got no jams." 

"Don't insult your dongsaeng," Seokjin scolds. Then it hits him. "JIMIN!" 

Jimin jumps and falls headfirst into the pool. Taehyung falls on the ground, rolling and laughing. Jimin rises from the pool, spluttering water. Seokjin reaches out to carry Jimin out of the water.

"Are you hurt? Did you touch the stingray? Did the starfish stick onto you or anything?" Seokjin pats Jimin from top to bottom, half expecting a starfish or a stingray. 

"Nope," Jimin grins. "The stingray was smooth though." 

"Yah, you worried me," Seokjin mumbles. 

"Jin-hyung!" 

Seokjin looks over to the voice, to find Jungkook and Hoseok, Hoseok hoding a turtle in his hands. It's a baby one at that. 

"Y-Yah! Put it back in the sea!" Seokjin says. 

"B-But it was over its back," Jungkook looks up at Seokjin with puppy eyes. "And it's cute." 

"Yah, the sea is its home. It has a mom and a dad..." Seokjin looks down at Jungkook, who seems to be staring at the ground. The rest of the boys also fall silent. Come to think of it, Seokjin has never remembered ever having a mother or a father. Bang Sihyuk-hyung was always a father to them, despite not being around for long periods of the day.

"You'd better put it back," Seokjin nods, catching himself. "What if someone takes you away from Bang Sihyuk-hyung or from us. Will you feel sad?" 

Jungkook looks down. "Yeah, I'll miss all my hyungs." 

"I'll miss Jungkookie too and Jiminnieee!" Hoseok starts crying, and the turtle falls to the ground. Jungkook picks it up as Hoseok grabs ahold of Jimin. 

"H-Hyung!" Jimin squirms, trying to get away from his clingy hyung. 

"Come on, turtle, let's go back to the sea," Jungkook carries the turtle towards the sea, the rest of the boys walking after him. 

"Bye-bye, turtle!" Jungkook yells, waving as the turtle swims back into the sea.

Seokjin swears he sees the turtle smile back...if turtles could smile.

*************************************************

Yoongi is sitting on a pier with Jungkook, their legs dangling over the edge. The rest of the boys have gone to buy lunch. 

"Whatcha thinking about?" Yoongi asks.

"I dunno," Jungkook bites his lip. "Will someone ever take me away from hyungs?" 

"Nope," Yoongi wraps an arm around the younger's waist, pulling him back so that Jungkook doesn't look like he's falling off the edge. "All your hyungs are here for you." 

"Thanks, hyung," Jungkook leans against Yoongi, falling asleep.

***************************************************

"Jungkookie is so cuteeeeeee!" Jimin squeals and nearly drops the lunchboxes as he sees Jungkook sleeping against Yoongi.

"Jungkook, lunch's here," Seokjin gently shakes the maknae awake. Jungkook rubs his bleary eyes as he looks up at his hyungs, with lunch. He hears his own growling stomach.

"Say ah," Seokjin feeds Jungkook the rice and meat.

"What are you gonna do with your lunch, hyung?" Namjoon asks; the rest of the boys are tucking into their meals.

"I'll eat after I finish feeding Jungkook," Seokjin calls back over his shoulder.

"Look! A seagull!" Taehyung points up at the sky. 

Indeed, a seagull is flying overhead. The boys cheer and whoop as the seagull glides along the drafts, towards the direction of the sea.

"That's a weally cool seagull!" Jimin grins, rice dotting the corners of his mouth. 

"Ah, Jimin, there's rice all over your face," Seokjin takes a napkin and dabs at Jimin's mouth, and finishes feeding Jungkook his lunch. He starts eating his own lunch.

"Hyung, can we go play in the sea?" Taehyung and Hoseok each hold one of Seokjin's arms.

"Let Yoongi go with you," 

"I don't wanna," Yoongi mutters. 

"Then let Namjoon go with you," Seokjin says. "If Namjoon doesn't want to go, then let me finish my lunch first." 

"Okay." When Seokjin has his back turned, he hears Jungkook's voice. He looks back and sees only Jungkook. There are the sounds of squealing children as they sprint across the sand. Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung are already halfway across the golden patch of sand between a metal structure in the distance and the pier.

"I hope they're not gonna do what I think they're gonna do," Seokjin springs up. "Yoongi, throw away the food!" 

"Where are you going, hyung?" Yoongi begins packing up the food, but Seokjin doesn't even have time to answer as he sprints after the boys.

*************************************************

"Quick! Hyung's coming!" Jimin yells at Taehyung as the latter is already scaling the metal structure. It's higher than he imagined. 

"Hyung's gonna scold us!" Hoseok looks frightened. 

They've dared Taehyung to climb the metal structure and jump from it.

Of course, Taehyung, being fearless, has already started climbing the structure, even as Seokjin crosses the last bit of sand separating them. He doesn't even shoot a glare towards Jimin and Hoseok as he starts climbing the structure after Taehyung.

Taehyung reaches the top and looks at the sky. Suddenly, the dare seems scarier than just now. When he had first accepted it, he was going to show Hoseok and Jimin how brave he was. 

A pair of arms embrace him from the back. Taehyung yelps and nearly falls, however, those two arms makes sure he's still safe.

"What were you thinking, Taehyung?" 

"B-But Jimin and Hoseok-hyung..." Taehyung squirms in his hyung's arms, trying to face Seokjin, when he realizes his hyung's crying.

"H-Hyung, why are you crying?" Taehyung hugs Seokjin. "Hyung, don't cry." 

"Don't you dare do that ever again...or I'm telling Bang Sihyuk-hyung." 

At the mention of Bang Sihyuk's name, Taehyung stands frozen. "Yeah. I won't do it again, hyung. Bang Sihyuk-hyung's scary..."

"Come on, let's go back down."

********************************************

"This is cool!" Jimin leans against Hoseok's shoulder as they stare out into the sunset. Taehyung's curled up asleep against Namjoon and Jungkook is in Yoongi's arms, sitting between his hyung's legs, asleep also. Seokjin, meanwhile, is sitting behind the group of them. The sunset is more beautiful especially when all his brothers are here.

The sun has painted the sky a dark purple mixed with lighter hues and tints of orange and pink.

Who needs the rainbow when you can have this sunset?

This is one beach trip Seokjin will never forget. 

*********************************************

I have no idea what I did there I'm sorry >< I'm mad at myself too. But then again, this is some kind of special in celebration of Bangtan's comeback. I can't freaking wait for the Run MV I'm literally dying of feels. I can't wait for the I Need U (Jap Ver) MV too (idk if it's even out already lol). FIGHTING, BANGTAN!!