Life and Death

I fell for 'LIU'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

YURI’S POV:

 

I woke up disoriented but soon as I remembered what M did before I blackout I immediately dialed Henry’s number, I was praying so hard that he would answer the call and he did. I hurried my way to the front entrance of the Lee’s mansion, it was surrounded by police Special Forces and bomb squads, I furrowed my brows when I saw five dead bodies being taken away by the medics, it’s not what I’m thinking right? Henry came with his poor condition, my heart pounded as he inched closer to where I was standing. “I’m sorry Yuri, I really am” he mumbled coughing, his coarse voice croaked “They’re still down there, right now they’re opening the vault door way to the underground” he explained as one of the medics approached him. He waved his hands to signal that he’s fine, what happened, “We were gas poisoned, five of my men died on the spot, five were taken to the hospital in grave condition” he explained with his drooped shoulders. “I’m so careless, I’m so sorry, I swear I had a contact with an undercover agent, but I couldn’t contact her, she’s off the grid, I had to continue even without her help, but” he spoke disappointedly. I pat his shoulders; I know the weight on his shoulders is too heavy right now everybody’s expecting from him, especially when he’s now became a Chief Inspector. “I can’t fail the both of them, not right now, not again Yuri” he mumbled as he took of the warmer of his shoulders. A police officer came to us “Chief, the door is opened” he informed and left, Henry looked at me I think he knows what I’m thinking “I can’t risk your life too Yuri, please stay here, it’s not safe” but being too stubborn, I don’t care, I need to be there Henry, please, I’m not taking no for an answer. He shook his head, as he handed me a mask, just in case.

 

Here goes nothing, I just hope I won’t die today coz I’m pretty sure Sica would kill me over and over if I did that to her. “Clear” four men mumbled together as we finally entered the first basement floor. As we passed by the hall, I furrowed my brows seeing dead men on the ground, what happened here? “I think someone’s in here” it was Henry who concluded and signaled his men to be alert. We passed by a huge drug Laboratory and same thing, everyone is dead. As we were exciting the room we heard some noises outside. I was sweating profusely, please don’t be the bad guys, I was praying deep inside. The door swung open and like what we see in action movies, their guns were pointed to each other, Henry guarded me but as soon as I landed my eyes on them, a girl? “Henry” she spoke and Henry signaled his guys to retract their weapons.

 

My world felt like crumbling down as I watch in the CCTV monitor what’s happening inside that glass room, we’re currently inside the control room. Men are working so hard to open that damn glass room; I’ve never seen M sweating profusely like this, I didn’t have to ask, I just hope we could save them in time. M told me what happened after he met Yoona, they extracted every Lee’s men in this basement, I looked at Yoona’s face to study her even more. Her reaction earlier when that man was about to shot Aiden which Amber stupidly catch to save him, her reaction seems different.  I feel so helpless right now, my mind is totally wreck seeing and hearing everything that is happening inside that room, looking at Amber’s con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter