Caught in the middle...

I fell for 'LIU'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

KRYSTAL’S POV:

 

My heart leaped as soon as I heard Amber’s voice, and looking at him he seemed to lose weight after a week of not seeing him. Amber seemed uneasy; I bet he doesn’t want to seat in front of me, most of all at my side. I know I told him to give me this space but at least he should greet me right? Our eyes were all fixated at Aiden who stood up and approached Amber who’s still frozen in his standing. I was so damn worried knowing Aiden’s personality; he isn’t planning to hurt Amber right? My heart pounded as he slowly walk towards him but I was taken aback when Amber smiled “thanks for accompanying me every night brother” Aiden muttered, the information shocked us all, I could tell from their faces. The hug lasted for some time, and thank dad for clearing the awkward atmosphere “Well then I should let you two sit together” dad said smilingly and scooted at the seat in front of me. Aiden and Amber were seated right to each other, and I could only steal glances to Amber but he wasn’t even looking at my direction. Aiden met my eyes and he smiled at me brightly, I gave him a faint smile I looked at Amber again but he was busy munching his food. Looking at Amber I felt guilty again, he smiles but I know he’s faking it, I never get the chance to talk to him ever since I told him I’ll be staying with unnie and ever since he saw us in the hospital. I don’t know how to explain everything to him. Everyone is enjoying the dinner but I was stuck in my thoughts not until unnie scolded me, everyone looked at my direction including Amber, his eyes landed on my plate, I know I barely touched my food. Seeing how his gaze softened and his eyes full of worry I don’t know but it made me happy.  “Aren’t you hungry Prin- S-Soojung?” Amber stutterly asked with his gentle voice. I smiled at Amber’s reddened face it was so cute, he was about to call me princess but Aiden was looking at us and I swear it’s really awkward. “Is my little princess not hungry?” It was dad, I really have to thank him for this, I know we barely talk to each other but ever since unnie came back and my pregnancy he’s always been there, I haven’t forgiven him about what happened in the past but I could see he’s trying. I’m not that hungry appa, I mumbled shyly, “Aigoo, my sister is really picky when she eats, I think she misses some special cooking” I shot a glare at unnie and smiled at everyone, she should just shot ; Aish really, it’s really clear she doesn’t like Aiden.

 

Aiden’s face is now serious, yeah that’s the Aiden I knew, I really noticed something different about him since he came back, he’s not being himself. The Aiden that I used to know was always serious, seldom smiles but now he usually flashes his smile, and plus the fact that he accepted everything that I told him about me and Amber.

 

FLASHBACK:

 

When I saw Aiden, my heart ached, all the guilt came gushing into me, he’s really alive. I’m in awe I guess; finally I knew the reason why Amber’s being so weird lately. I can’t blame him coz seeing Aiden brings back old memories, he looks different now, he has a long scar on his arm, his hair was way different and he lose a lot of weight. I couldn’t control the tears streaming down my face remembering the day he was ruled out dead, I hugged him dearly. But then I quickly pulled away from his hug and turned around to look for Amber but he wasn’t there anymore, I don’t like this feeling, the feeling like I’m caught in the middle. I knew Amber might be hurt too, I shouldn’t have but it was too late. Aiden’s eyes were full of questions and I didn’t even know what to say, “Soojung I miss you so much” he mumbled and I realized that I missed him too. We hugged each other back, but it doesn’t feel right anymore, it’s way different I don’t feel like I’m at ease. I think he sensed my hesitation so he let go of me, but still he smiled warmly. I held his face, and he held my hands, how are you feeling Aide? “I don’t even remember anything Soojung, I feel horrible, like there’s a big part of me missing and being taken away from me” the way he said those words as he looked into my eyes I feel like he knows what happened when he was gone. I glanced at him briefly then he spoke “Perhaps the baby? Is it mine?” he asked and looked at my belly intently. My heart pounded, if I tell him I’m sure he’ll be hurt, it won’t be good for him right? What should I do, the guilt in me is rising up, just like what I felt when I slept with Amber, “Hey, is everything alright?” that voice, we both turned to see Uncle Liu at the door. Thank god he came back, “you need to rest son, the doctor said that probably you can go home by next week” he mumbled looking lovingly at Aiden. I was a big relief though, of course I wanted to tell him the truth but knowing his condition, I hesitated to answer him.

 

 

I bid goodbye to Aiden and honestly, I really don’t know what to feel right now, why does it have to be this way? Now that everything is in place? When Uncle Liu guided me outside of Aiden’s room I felt nervous, and that’s because I knew that it was coming “Soojung, I’ll not beat around the bush, this is too much to ask but I know you still care for my son, can you please visit him every day, if it’s not too much to ask” he mumbled looking at me, I just stood there listening and trying to ingest what he’s asking me to do? Is he crazy? Aiden, Yes, he was and always will be a part of me but I’m married to Amber now, his other son why does it feel like he only cares for Aiden. “I know, you might be thinking what an inconsiderate father I am, but until they discharge him from the hospital I’m really not convinced that he’s okay, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter