Just my luck

Stupid You,

                “Gaheun ah, I'm going to be leaving for the weekend, a family member of mine is in the hospital, and I must visit him.” Yejin says hesitantly as we close up the café.

“Okay, do what you have to do, don't worry about me! Is his condition serious?”

“We're not sure; the doctor hasn't let anyone know yet. He doesn't want to make us worry if he's unsure. We can close the cafe for the weekend, but please come back one day for an hour or two to make sure everything's clean and ready to go for the Monday” She smiles gently, obviously worried about something.

“I can do that now, you can go pack first; I know my way back home”   She seems really concerned about her family member… she shouldn’t need to worry about anything else.

“No, I've already packed. But I wanted to take you out for dinner, it's been exactly one month since you've arrived and since I'm leaving tomorrow first thing in the morning, there's no time other than tonight, c’mon! Grab your jacket! Unnie is paying!” She demands cheerfully, shooing me to move with her hands.

                To be completely honest, I don’t wanna be alone here. But hey, her family is more important, and it’s only gonna be for a few days anyways… but still, boo.

 

                She ended up taking me to an Italian restaurant. Wow, never knew they even existed here. But it was DELICIOUS. Better than in Toronto... or maybe… it's a tie. Yum. Food ^^ While we were talking and finishing up our drinks (yes, it was alcohol, BUT in my defence, I'm allowed to have it, as long as it's with a family friend or family member, and it was only one glass!) We were giggling about complete nonsense, and I’m pretty sure Yejin, I mean, unnie, was a little drunk. (I’m not used to calling people ‘unnie’ or any of the other terms, since I never used them in Canada)

 

“Y’know! People never think I look my age! They always say ‘Yejin-ah! You look like you could be 25!’ and I would yell back ‘Yah! Don’t talk to your elder like that!’ haha, I would never tell them my anti-aging secrets. Hehehehehehehe…”  She must be pretty drunk, hahaha.

“Unnie! Shhh! I think you’re drunk, maybe we should get the bill and go… but …what are your anti-aging secrets? Hehe”  Yeah, I giggled. Like an idiot.

“We haven’t even finished our drinks yet! And you know, unnie has REALLY good alcohol tolerance!” she answers, sounding so proud. Obviously, her alcohol tolerance isn’t very good,  considering she hasn’t even finished her only glass yet, haha.

                Just as I was about to answer, we heard yelling outside the restaurant, and lucky us, sitting right by the window, can see everything: a bunch of guys, who look quite young, at least 19 and no older than 26 getting into a fight on the street.

“Gaheun, just don't look; it's none of our business, let boys be boys. Hmm... Doesn’t look like a regular fight though” she tells me, slightly less bubbly than a few seconds ago.

“...Yeah, okay”  I reply. Of course I was still looking, and didn’t really grasp what she had said.

 

                Yejin unnie was quiet for a while, so I look up at her: she stares at me with a serious face.

“Gaheun, if you date boys like that, I will send you back home. Don't even think about it.”

“Whaaa? Don’t worry unnie, I don't expect to find one soon”  but... Now that you mention it, a few of them did catch my eye. I couldn’t really see any details of them, like their face or anything, but overall, they look pretty attractive. One had long, brown hair, probably regular height, and gotta admit, a pretty built body. And nice style... (Can’t really describe it. But it looks GOOD o.o) he didn't seem like he really wanted to fight, or argue. But you could tell he was sorta the 'big brother’ figure, standing at the front of his group. The other group's 'big brother’ was pretty good looking too. (Hey, I don't need to pick sides :p) black hair, taller than the brown haired one, short cut with swept bangs. Also with a muscular build. And again, a good sense of style.

 

Black hair seems like the pursuer of the two. Being pulled back by his friends,  he yells  “Watch yourself! You're gonna pay for what you did to her!”

Brown hair replies, a little more quietly,  “I didn't do anything. She had nothing to do with me. Get your facts straight.”  when he said that the black haired one almost broke free of his friends' hold, and both of the 'big brothers' were dragged away to opposite ends of the street.

“You're gonna pay with your life! Just like how she did...”  WHAT THE HECK!? Did the attractive guy kill the other's girlfriend or something?! Hmm…it’s gotta be that they were talking too fast for me to understand properly, right?

 

“blahblahblahblahblah (I wasn’t really paying attention to her :S)... See? See? That boy probably stole the other's girlfriend and got her pregnant. Making her give up school and her 'life'. I'm telling you, if you ever date any boys like that, and do stupid stuff like that, and get pregnant, you will face my wrath.” Yejin rants, getting worked up.

“Hahahahahahaha!!Your wrath?! Don’t worry unnie, I don't associate myself with those types of people, heck, I haven't even made any friends yet!!”  I answer, joking around.  She still isn’t convinced though.

 

                We walk back home in silence, I think she probably still thinks I’m gonna get pregnant or something. Like that’ll ever happen. I haven’t even held hands with a boy. What is she thinking?!

 

                Before she left on the plane next day, she tells me,

 “No funny business okay? No stupidity. Finish University, then you can fool around”

“Ew! I don’t or  want  to 'fool around', gosh, what do you take me for?!” she laughs as she hugs me goodbye.

 

 

                Saturday Night.

 

 

                I cleaned and did a couple extra chores at the cafe, it took about 3 hours.  1:00 in the morning. Gosh. I’m leaving the café so late.Well I guess it's nobody's fault. Okay maybe it's my fault. With the sugar I spilled…  and my fall into  the sugar...  It took an extra hour and a half. But hey! I'm finally done, so I get to go home!! Finally.  Well, overall, today was eventful; bought a LOT of clothes with my latest paycheque, and finished my chores for the weekend.  Huh? ...  Someone’s limping along the sidewalk, and of course  I   have to be standing outside the cafe doors at this very moment.  Wait, he looks familiar, is he… the brown haired guy from the fight yesterday?  He's limping, with one arm holding the other, as if he’d broken it, and is covered in bruises and blood. He’s even leaving a small trail of blood behind him, it isn’t too much, but still a noticeable amount. He looks at me as he approaches, and quickly tries to pass me... He must be trying to escape from someone... what should I do? Should I do something?