"I have another proposition for you."

Stupid You,

Donghae's POV:

 

 

                Choi hasn't said anything since we got here five minutes ago. He's just staring at me, with an amused expression; I caught him looking a couple of times. Seunghyun is standing on the side, between the both of us, observing us both. I look at Seunghyun, who’s looking at me; he doesn't know what's going on either.

 

 

Breaking the silence, Choi laughs loudly.

"Donghae, you're full of surprises aren't you? Well, actually it's not that surprising, but impressive rather." he muses, mostly to himself. I look at him, expressionless.

"Haha, Junhyung... And how many others was it? 5 people? 8 people?" he continued to chuckle. "And you don't have a single scratch? Not a bruise?"

I shrug, don't think I have anything on me. They only came alone or in pairs after one another, not like they all came at once. My knuckles sting a bit though.

"Truly remarkable... Just as good as Seunghyun..." He continued to muse, looking over to his son. Seunghyun had no reaction either, he had no idea.

"Okay. Let's get to the point. Originally, I thought I should think of a consequence for you, Donghae, for damaging a number of our guys... But truly, when I think about it, it's not your fault. Our guys just weren't enough of a challenge for you..." he smiles. Is he trying to... flatter me...?

"This is why I have another proposition for you."

Proposition? Seunghyun's eyes widen in surprise and shock.

"Would you be interested?" Choi continues.

"Depends on what it is." I answer flatly. He laughs. What's so funny?

"Good. So you're open to it then." he begins. "My proposition for you, is to join us here." what the hell? Is he serious? Seunghyun's brows get closer together as he stares at his father.

"I know it sounds like a lost cause... So I thought about it, and if you agree to do it, Gaheun will be safe. You can decide whatever you want to do with her: have her sent back to your side, or have her stay here by your side... It's truly up to you. And I swear none of us will be a bother to your uncle or any other member on that side. I have been thinking of some expansion you see... Maybe even starting some business overseas... Japan, maybe China, and I think you'd be good for that job."   

It may sound bad, but I truly considered this for about a total of thirty seconds. Gaheun could be safe. I could be alive. We could be together. But I can't do it. I love Gaheun, a lot. But I can't just turn on my family.

"And if I say no?" I ask, still monotone. Choi lets out a sigh, smile still on his face.

"I suppose... Nothing will change. Things will continue to go as it is now." he shrugs, clasping his hands together as he rests them on his desk.

"Then let's continue with the way things are going now." I say affirmatively.

Choi exhales audibly, as he nods once.

"Loyal. Another good quality you have. But if you wish to reconsider, let me know. But be sure that you don't wait too long. You know your time is limited." he replies lightly.

"Don't worry. I won't be changing my mind."

"Seunghyun. If you don't mind, can you leave us two here for a while? I have something else I want to suggest to Donghae. But I also think it should be about time to call Kim Bum, Hyungjoo and Hyukshin back. Actually, call all of them back. Give them a day or two, but we should be moving on soon."

"Yes, Father." Seunghyun nods, he looks at me, with a look of confusion and ... Anger? As he leaves. He closes the door behind him.

Choi gets up from behind his desk and moves to the sofa, grabbing the wine bottle from the pale of ice.

"Have a seat Donghae." he gestures me to go. I walk over and sit across from him.

"Want a glass?"

"No, thanks."

"... Up to you." he nods once, then takes a sip of his glass and sighs. What is this?

"So. You have a suggestion for me?" I ask, getting right to the point.

"Yes. And I'm sure this is something that you can't possibly refuse."