Yejin's At It Again...

Stupid You,

 

"Gaheun ah, that nice Donghae dropped by the cafe today. But when I told him you weren't in today, he seemed a little disappointed  -  What happened last night?"  She interrogates.    Lie, lie, lie... What do I say?

"Nothing, he just read at first, and then we started talking because I was done setting up, and he got bored of reading or something..."

"Talked about what?"   She continues, her eyes lighting up.

"I don’t know, random stranger stuff. Nothing big"   That was a lie. We talked a LOT and told each other things that were supposed to be secrets.

"Tell unnie the truth! And nothing but!"  She demands, sounding authoritative.

"I don't have anything else to say!"   I retaliate, with a less harsh tone.

"Fine... I'll just have to wait and see for myself today then,"  She says  "I told him to comeback today anyhow"     Great. That'll be awkward, I haven't even gotten to texting him back yet, and it’s been  2 days already.

 

 

                Work was normal, like any other day; there aren't many customers at this time because it's an hour to closing (8:30 pm). At this time as well, Donghae, Henry and Siwon enter the cafe.

 

"Donghae! Nice to see you again,"  Yejin unnie yells from the kitchen.   How did she even know it's him who came in?

"Noona, annyonghaseyo!"   He calls before he looks at me.

 

                I just smile, while gesturing them to sit wherever.  Henry seems so happy, as usual, as he skips along to the booth. Siwon just walks after him, but Siwon walks as if he's on the  catwalk  or something. Haha, I wonder how Yejin will act when she sees him. Donghae walks last, and sits at the table. He continues to just look at me, not glaring, but just looking.  I walk over, give them the menus and tell them to take their time. However, I hear Yejin's bustling footsteps, and she places five drinks at the table.

 

"Donghae, would you mind trying these for me?  I wanted to get some extra opinions on them before I put them on the menu"   She asks oh-so happily.  Donghae smiles and nods yes. After smiling back at him,  she notices Siwon and Henry. Her eyes widen, like she saw some unbelievable sight.

"Wow... Your cheeks...  Are so CUTE!"  She exclaims, staring at Henry. Haha, same old Yejin, full of surprises.   Henry just smiles, and laughs a little awkwardly...

"Thanks," he smiles cutely.

"It's a good thing there's five of us here, we can each have one"  She smiles.   What is she up to?...     She goes and turns the open sign off and locks it from the outside. The three guys just chuckle, apparently my facial expression when she did that was pretty amusing.

 

 

                MOST EMBARRASSING HOUR OF MY LIFE. Oh gosh. It was like a parent teacher interview. I wasn’t asked any questions, barely spoke, and had to listen to everything.  And I wasn't completely wrong; Yejin almost drooled over Siwon, especially when they took off their coats... erted unnie. What  I  noticed though, is not Siwon’s biceps, but his knuckles;  they were red and looked bruised, especially on his right hand.  I guess he noticed me looking, because he put his arm warmers on, covering them. He was obviously trying to hide his hands, since he brought arm warmers… IN THE SUMMER. I look at Henry, to see if he’s okay. When he notices me, he just smiles, his eyes becoming two curved lines.  He looks the same as last time, so cute and energetic. His button up however, had an opening at the sleeves, showing some of his forearm, revealing the deep purple and green blotched skin. As for Donghae, I can't see much; he still has his arm wrapped in a bandage. The only thing that could be weird or unusual would be that he’s wearing a turtleneck. In the summer.  My conclusion:   They must have gotten into a fight again.

 

 

                I just realized, I haven't mentioned anything about Yejin's questions yet. Well, blatantly speaking, she asked them:  What their relation with me was, and what they want it to be. Embarrassing right?  She didn't ask it like that of course, but still. It was almost 10:00 pm when Donghae's phone rang

 

"Yoboseyo?"  He answers.

 A voice mumbles to him at rapid speed.

"Yah! Speak slowly! Eunhyuk ah, where are you? Are the others with you?"  He asks, a concerned look flashing across his face.

                The voice slows silently, I look over to see Siwon, gazing intently at Donghae, trying to decipher what was being said. Henry was looking down towards the table, with his usual smiley face gone. He almost looks like he’s pouting. Then, in complete contrast to the two guys, I look over to Yejin, who is just staring at Siwon and Henry with utter amazement. It’s like she’s in awe or something.

 

"I'm sorry, we should go now." Donghae said after he hangs up.

 

                He looks at Siwon and Henry, and then nods slightly. The two get up immediately, say their goodbyes and thanks, and left. The three guys smile at us, but I can tell it’s fake. I don’t know what it is… but they’re definitely bothered by something. Maybe their friend called them for help...

 

"Why is it, that in the entire time I've been in Korea, I haven't seen boys who look like those three anywhere?  They’re all so good looking...  But you've ONLY met those three in the 2-3 weeks you've been here?"  She was talking to me, but it seemed more like she was questioning herself.

"I dunno, unnie. I don't know"  I sigh as we leave as well.

 

 

                I can't stop thinking about Donghae, Henry and Siwon.  They could be fighting or something at this very moment.  Siwon, I can imagine fighting. Donghae is slightly harder to imagine, but that's probably only because I’ve seen more of his happy personality. When he looks expressionless: not smiling, he looks cold, but when he smiles he looks so innocent. Like he couldn't hurt anyone. Even more surprising than those two would be Henry, the epitome of a 10 year old trapped in a man’s body, fighting... I just can't imagine it. All of these thoughts run through my mind as I lay in bed.  I've also decided that Donghae and I need to talk. We can't avoid the topic of our outing forever. I want to ask him a few questions... I'll just call him tomorrow, or text him or something... I decide as I drift into sleep.