This was not a date. This was not a date. This was not a date.

Stupid You,

 

               

 

                Oh my gosh. I'm so dead. I gotta think of a way to keep her away from the storage room, or at least find a way to make sure she doesn't check the uniforms in there. And even more than that, I gotta find out where she got the shirts from! How am I going to go about asking her?...

                Suddenly, the car door opens.  What the heck? How did that happen? Isn't the car moving!?  In shock, it took me a while to look out. Oh. The car is stopped. And parked. Maybe I was too deep in thought again. Anyways, it was Donghae who opened the door, and he’s standing there staring at me again, as usual.

 

"Are you gonna come out yet?"  He asks, I look out the windshield to see a restaurant.

"Are you hungry? I thought the deal was I go look for the shirt with you, and then I go home..."  I don't even wanna eat now anyways. Too nervous, and worried, and scared. All because of Yejin.

Donghae laughs quietly as he shakes his head, "I asked you before we left the mall! But you completely zoned out, so I took the liberty of deciding for us"

"Oh...”   But... I don't wanna eat. No appetite.

"C’mon, we're already here. Okay? And I'm hungry, it's 12:00 am!"  He whines slightly, what a kid.

"...Fine. But make it quick please, I'm not hungry and I wanna go home."  I know, it sounds like I was fine just a second ago, but I'm still bummed out. I can already see my life flashing before my eyes. Oh, and I'm not bipolar. Just saying.

"It's fine! Don't be such a mope! Even if people think we're on a date, it doesn't matter because you don't know anyone here anyways,"  He adds, as he walks towards the restaurant.

                Woahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoah. A date?! What?! No. This is not a date. Right? I was practically forced to go to the mall, and dragged to this restaurant. But ... Does it look like we were on one? Wow. This does NOT help my mood right now. If I had any wish, I would so wish that I was invisible right now.

 

 

 

We’re seated almost immediately after we get in, and Donghae says,

 

"Well... Since you're not really hungry, I'll order everything. You can continue with your moping if you want. I'm telling you, nobody will think this is a date."  He smiles towards the end slightly, obviously to himself, and probably trying to hide it from me. You didn't do a good job of that, dummie  (please excuse my attitude right now, I'm just really annoyed). He's assuring me that this is nothing, which it is, but it makes me uncomfortable because he keeps on bringing the situation up.

 

 

 

"So... What do you wanna do about the uniform dilemma?"  Donghae asks like it was unimportant.

"Well I don't know, what should be done? I guess I'll just stall and try to get as much time as I can, so I'll have time to find another one."

"Sounds like a good enough plan, how much time do you think you can get?"

"I don't know, but thanks anyways, for at least trying to replace it, it was really considerate." He smiles, but it wasn't the same kind of smile as before, he looks embarrassed or something. Oh my gosh,  he actually looks so cute like that.

"Ahem, It's the least I could do, it’s really nothing compared to the fact that you saved my life." He replies, pursing his lips.

"Saved your life? That's a little dramatic don't you think? I probably saved you from a harsher and more severe beating, though, haha"  Those guys that night did have weapons though... Would they have really killed him if I didn't help?... No. No way, what do they even have against him anyways?

"Well, either way I still owe it to you" He says, smiling again.

 

 

 

 

                The food comes, and holy crap, it's never-ending. The waitresses just keep on coming with more, and I'm not complaining, everything looks SO delicious. We eat silently for a bit, but it begins to get awkward for me again. (yes, I get awkward because of silence when I'm alone with someone, it doesn't help that Donghae is the one I'm alone with either >.<)  We start a conversation again, and it’s all fun and random until Donghae asks,

 

"Honestly speaking, do you think we'll talk or meet again?"  It took me aback a bit. I never actually thought much about it. Will we talk again?

"... I don't know," I answer, unsure. Donghae just nods, almost understandingly,

"Well, in that case, might as well enjoy today!" He says, trying to bring up the mood again. He sounds so cheerful, it's strange, his personality doesn't match his looks at all. After we finish eating, he suddenly asks me,

"Do you need to go to the restroom? If you think you might, just go. It'll be a while before you get back home, the drive will be a while."  He sounds so urgent… Maybe he wants me to go? But why?

"Kay," I answer as I stand up. What's up with him anyway? I don’t even have to go to the washroom.

 

 

 

                 I open the bathroom door to leave, to see Donghae waiting, leaning on the wall beside the door.

"Woah!... Why are you lurking around here? You could've just waited outside y'know" I say, almost scolding him. He just looks at me, and hands me my bag, probably not even noticing my exclamation. As we walk to the exit of the restaurant, Donghae walks very quickly with that expressionless face again. He pushes me a little to walk faster, and I do until we get out of the restaurant. We get back into the car, but his face doesn't change. Still like a lifeless mask, I sort of want to ask him what the problem is, but... Maybe that's not a good idea.