A gunshot pierced the still air, making my ears ring...

Stupid You,

Donghae’s POV:

 

 

                    I was making my scheduled rounds for the night, and came across two of their guys, I guess Kim Bum refers to them as the 'idiots' who do only what they are told, and can’t think for themselves. I was going to try to avoid them, but one of them called out to me, and tried to get me to fight them.

 

They were drunk. I ignored them and was about to walk away, when I heard one of them say,

"Too cool for us, huh? Trying to be a big boy and walk away?" one shouts.

                     It was irritating, I'm not going to lie, but it wasn't worth the chance of getting hurt over it. It was two against one after all. Besides, wasting my energy on them is just poor judgement.

"You can't run away for long, 'hyung'" another yelled, probably mocking one of my brothers. I was irritated enough, and I ran back and punched one of them. He almost fell to the floor, and the other laughed out loud.

                    Even the slightest sense of mockery or comment made towards or about one of my brothers pushed me off the edge. It’s probably because I’ve always looked out for them since we were kids, getting offended and fighting for them was like second nature to me.

"I hope you have this kind of energy after tonight. I hear we'll be in an all-out battle after she's gone." One of them continued to laugh.

"What?"

"You better prepare yourself for us, we won't be going easy. And with Seunghyun Hyung in rage, there's no way you'll win." one of them answers, cocky. Trying to be cocky in his state is just embarrassing himself. What an idiot.

"That's not what I meant. What do you mean, 'she'll be gone'?" I honestly had no idea what they were talking about. I thought it was just drunk talk at first, but decided to see if they could actually mean something. Especially since the only ‘she’ I could think of was Minkyung.

"Haha, okay. I'll tell you, but only cause there's no stopping it now. Minkyung's not gonna make it after tonight. I don't know when, but she agreed to go with Boss’ plan…” he shouts outrageously.

"What?" I grit my teeth, they're lying. How would they even know?  How could anyone have even talked to her at this time? She’s been with us the whole time…

"Oh yeah," the other one adds, just as drunk. "Boss told a few of us that his plan is going well, and that she agreed kill hers-"

 

                     I couldn't hear the rest of what they said because I was already running back home.

 

 

It took me only five minutes to get back to my front door. It was quiet in my house, nobody was home; others were doing their rounds, and the elders were out of town for business deals. It sounds like I'm lying, but we left her alone a lot. There's not many of us on our side, and she's never had a problem with trying to leave before; she always said that she had nowhere to go anyways. I never questioned her answer, but thinking back on it, I probably should’ve… maybe I could’ve been there sooner.

 

 

 

                    I ran up the stairs, and got to her hall. My hands push the doors open as a gunshot pierced the still air, making my ears ring...  . I swear, I wish I could've been 3 seconds earlier, or  maybe even 3 seconds later... I could've stopped her if I was early, and if I was three 3 seconds later, I wouldn't have seen her life leave her body. After she fell to the floor, you could tell she was gone already.  She didn’t even have a few seconds after she fell to take a last breath. She lay on the floor, with a peaceful smile on her face. I never really understood how she could look so relieved, but… I guess I do now.'
 
 

 

 

 

                    I held Gaheun even closer to me as I recall the end of the memory, hugging her close. I can't imagine what it'd be like if Gaheun left me. I definitely can’t imagine the mess I’d be in if it was her falling to the floor, as lifeless as a porcelain doll. I sigh in relief, thank goodness there's no way that's happening.

 

                    For a second, I realize that I told Seunghyun everything as the memory replayed in my head. He was so silent, I forgot I had an audience. I was expecting him to tell me to shut up halfway, and cut spewing out lies, but I guess I was wrong about that. He was silent and still as stone.

"... So? Do you believe me?" I ask, I don't expect him to believe me, but boy, it feels good to let it all out. I don’t feel as guilty anymore.