"You’re not a prisoner, or a hostage, you're a girl."

Stupid You,

Seunghyun's POV:

          We were driving to the mall, a smaller one, so there'd be less of a chance of being seen by them. About 10 minutes into the drive Gaheun abruptly asks,

"So what happened between you and Donghae?"

"What?"

"Wasn't that question straightforward? What’s this huge conflict between your two groups about?"
Wow, she's really blunt and to the point. She looks at me, her eyes burning with curiosity. Does she actually not know anything?

"We just don't like each other; we'll leave it at that." I'm not about to get into a huge expansion of our story, it's tiring and not something I'd want to bring up anyways.

"I know it's not something that I should be asking... But who is Minkyung? And what happened with her?..." she asks, slightly more hesitant. I ignore her, she doesn't know. She doesn't have to. She's only bait anyways.

"... I'm sorry. Whatever it is." she added, her voice quiet. She’s pitying me isn’t she? I didn’t realize my fists were clenching the steering wheel, making knuckles turning white. I tried to loosen my jaw, it didn’t work.

The car ride was silent the rest of the way to the mall.
 
 

~~~
 

 

At the mall.
 
 

We walked into the first store we saw, at that moment, I realized... I've never actually done something like this before. What am I supposed to do when she's looking around? I'm not going to leave her, in case she tries to run away. But it's weird if I follow her around into the stores right? I bet even she'd feel uncomfortable.

"So... Do you have to come and watch me? Or are you going to stand by the door and wait?" hmph. Good idea. I can wait here, so she can't leave the store without me seeing.

"I'll just wait here, come back when you're about ready to go."

"Okay. It shouldn't be too long, I'll just grab a few things" she said, slightly mopey.

I nod, and she walked into the store. I stood by the entrance, keeping an eye on her. In fifteen minutes, she had an armful of clothing, and was walking to the cashier. What is she doing? Didn't I tell her to see me first?

"So your total comes to 40 000 won," the cashier told her.

"Here Miss, you can put the bill on this." I say, handing her my credit card. The employee's face looked at me, eyebrows raised. She probably thought I was some random guy.

"What!? No. Miss, here, take the cash." she looked at her, and then back at me. She was confused. "It's my stuff, I'll pay for it." Gaheun told me, irritated.

I ignore her, "Miss, I've got this. Please just take it, and here's some extra for you too." I say as I pull out some cash for her."Just put your money away. I was planning to buy everything today anyways. I didn't think you'd have any money on you." I tell Gaheun.

She exhales, angry. And shoves her money into her pocket, and looks away.

"Okay, thank you. Have a nice day." the cashier says as she hands the shopping bag towards Gaheun. Gaheun just sighs, not even turning to look and stalks out of the store. I take the bag from the cashier and quickly catch up to her.

"I don't see why you're so mad. Aren't people usually happy or at least GRATEFUL when someone pays for them?" She ignores me and continues to walk, trying to move away from me. It doesn't work; I walk faster to keep pace with her, with less effort too; my legs are so much longer than hers. After a few moments of silence she stops walking and looks directly towards me.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" she yells, causing a few people to look over in our direction. What does she even mean?
 
 

 

Gaheun's POV:

 

 

           This whole situation is just ridiculous. If he's a bad guy, he should stay a bad guy. If he wants me for revenge, keep it that way. He shouldn't be treating me kindly, or buying me things. This is just so stupid. I feel so lost being here right now. I don't understand why he needs revenge, whyI am needed for that revenge, or why he decides to keep me "safe". I know this sounds strange, but I'd much rather he kept me like a prisoner if I am one, and spare me the nice act. (I know, this sounds like an outburst… but I’ve been holding this in for a while.)

"... I don't understand" he answers, lost.

"Look. I don't know what's up with you, or what your “master plan” is, but, if I'm a hostage, a prisoner, whatever you want to call me, why do you even bother treating me the way you do?"

"You’re not a prisoner, or a hostage, you're a girl." he answers after some thought. No duh I'm a girl. What the heck does that even mean?

"Have you finished shopping?" he added. What? Subject change?

"If you are, we can go get something to eat. I doubt you wanna go back into your room so soon." he said. What's his problem? Weirdo. He didn't even answer my question properly.

He leads us back to the car. Before he started the engine, he says,

"I'll explain what I meant earlier, to answer your question about my behavior. It's not complicated, but it might take a while to get the idea across."

"oh." I say, and we drove off.
 

 ~~~

It's been a while since i've updated!!! i think :P i can't really remember... But I hope all of you ar really enjoying the holiday break!!

So, i know there's been a lot of Gaheun and the "enemies" focus, so the next chapter will be related to Donghae. My  only hint... What happens back at the mansion when Seunghyun and Gaheun are gone?...

Read. Enjoy. Comment. Subscribe. :)

                                                                    - Bebexoxo