Aish. What am I doing?

Stupid You,

Seunghyun's POV:

 

 

                I knock on the door to Donghae's room. Gaheun's coming back in a couple hours, and he can't be here.  

"Yeah?" I hear him say on the other side of the door.

I open the door, "Hey. We-"

"Gotta go now. I know." he nods,  lips pressed into a tight smile.

 

                He put the pencil in his hand down, my eyes were drawn to the picture he drew. I couldn't help but smile when I saw it, it matched Gaheun perfectly. Every detail was right, the shape of her eyes, the smile on her lips, even the way her hair fell beside her face. And beside her was him, both smiling happily, face by face. I was jealous of this, it's just a drawing, but looking at it gave me an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

"Ahah, you think you can give this to her? Or at least let me leave it here for her to see when she gets here?" he looks at me, hopeful. I want to say no, because of my jealousy and because I know Gaheun will lose self-control if she sees this, but the look he's giving me won't let me say no.

"Hah, sure. It'll be a nice... Parting gift. It's a good drawing though, looks exactly like her."    He smiles at me,

"You think so? Good. I've been drawing this for a while...”   He answers as he writes his initials in the bottom corner of the page. He opens the drawer of the desk and pulls out a folder,

"I can use this right? And sorry if I shouldn't have been snooping around the room, haha. I just get bored sometimes... Staring at these same four walls."  He seems so carefree, as if he was just some kid being grounded and quarantined in his room.

He looks at me, waiting for an answer.

"Yeah. You can use it." I answer with a sigh.

He nods once, smiling as he carefully put the paper into folder. He writes Gaheun's name on the top of the folder, making sure he added a smiley face beside it. He sighs, and stands up.

"I'm ready now. Take me away," he says jokingly. He really doesn't care anymore does he?

I laugh as we walk to the car.

 

 

 

As I drive us to our next destination, there wasn't any tension at all, even though it was quiet most of the time. I really wanna ask him what he's thinking... I always gather enough breath to start speaking, but end up staying silent.  What's up with me? How hard is it to ask 'Why are you so happy? Are you crazy?' ?

 

Weird enough, as I thought the question in my head, Donghae spoke up, answering it.

 

 

Third Person's POV:

 

 

"You probably think I'm insane right now, don't you?" Donghae asks, still smiling away.

"Yeah. I just don't understand how you can be so ..."

"Happy? Content? Okay?" Donghae finishes, looking out his window.

"Yeah. That." Seunghyun replies, still confused.

Donghae smiles, and lets out an airy laugh.

"Maybe it’s because I've accepted that there's nothing I can do anymore. I have to accept that I'm dying soon."   He shrugs, still carefree.

"Even if you accept it, how can you still laugh and smile like nothing’s  going to happen?" Seunghyun asks, lost.

"I don't want to spend the rest of my life being bitter and angry. Haha. Plus, I don't have anything to be angry about, I mean, I've experienced what it's like to have people care about me, experienced what it's like to care about others more than myself, experienced love. All types of it. I've had happy times, and I've laughed a lot in my life. I'm not about to ruin that now,"  He answers matter-of-factly, relaxed.

"But don't you feel a little irritated that you're dying even though you're innocent? Well... That  you  say that you're innocent?" Seunghyun asks in an increasingly intense voice. He was getting more worked up than Donghae was, and it wasn’t his own life that was on the line.

"See... Right there. You don't think I am. So what can I do? Even though  I  know I'm innocent, you don't think so. And you'll never be satisfied until you feel justice has been done."  

 

                Seunghyun thought about Donghae's words. He didn't know what he thought. Did he believe Donghae? If he didn't, how could he have felt a small sense of friendship between them? Did he feel like him and Donghae were friends?

 

"So... You're just gonna take it?" Seunghyun asks, sighing.

"Yep." Donghae replies, nodding.

 

                The feeling in Seunghyun's stomach came back again. Damn, Seunghyun thought, what the hell Seunghyun.

 

"Actually, there's another reason why I'm okay with everything that's going on..." Donghae muses, looking up to the sky. Seunghyun looks at Donghae, letting him know that he was listening.

"When it happens, I'll be able to see my dad again."   Donghae smiles as he looks up to the clouds, thinking of seeing his father after so many years. He laughs to himself; thinking of what he’d say when he finally sees him again.

               

                Seunghyun couldn’t hide his surprise; he completely forgot that Donghae’s dad died. He forgot that Donghae’s dad was killed by Seunghyun’s father. A ball formed in Seunghyun’s throat.  My father killed Donghae’s father first… That’s why our two groups became so estranged and tense. It’s because of my father’s bullet that they took Minkyung. It’s because my father pulled the trigger that Donghae’s here right now. And once again, it’s because my father will pull the trigger that Donghae will no longer exist. Because of Donghae, Gaheun will cry.  Even though everything was because of my father… Donghae still smiles and takes his death. He hasn’t even once mentioned his father death to us, he hasn’t even said what he thought or blamed my dad out loud for him being fatherless.  Aish. What am I doing?

 

“Hey, do you want me to drive?” Donghae asks, wide eyed.

“Hmm? No. I’m good.” Seunghyun answers, shaking out my jumbled thoughts.

“… You sure? I don’t want to have a heart attack again…” Donghae answers with pursed lips, it sounds like he’s joking, but he really was a little scared about almost crashing another car again.

“Yeah. I’m sure. Hey… Do you blame me? For making you be here right now?”

“… I never thought about it actually… haven’t thought of anybody to blame. Weird. You think I would’ve.” Donghae answers, deep in thought. “Meh, oh well.” He laughs.

“Ahaha, okay. Just wondering. And… are you really accepting it all? Or are you just putting on a mask? You’re afraid aren’t you?” Seunghyun asks again.

“ I’d be lying if I say I’m not scared, haha. C’mon, it’s not like going on a roller coaster. But scared or not, I’m gonna have to deal with it. I’m glad it’s just me who has to suffer, haha. I’m saving so many people, and even making other people feel better, just with one sacrifice.” Donghae smiles, almost as if he was proud.

“…” Seunghyun was speechless. So Donghae continues to muse on about the good things that will come of his death.

“Gaheun will be safe again… I know my brothers and ahjussi won’t be threatened… I can finally see my dad again… and you will be happy that Minkyung has been avenged. I know what it’s like to have someone important taken away from you. It’s not easy to deal with. I hope you feel better when she’s avenged.” He smiles to Seunghyun, almost joking.

Seunghyun nods once, smiling grimly.

 

 

                With Seunghyun’s nod, he agreed that he will feel better. But he also confirmed something else in his mind; Donghae answered all of his questions correctly. Seunghyun knew what he needed to do now; he knew what the right thing was to do.  This has to end now.

 

~~~

Hey!! haven't updated in a while! sorry about that, i had a temporary writer's block XD haha. Just checking in with you readers :) how you liking the story up until now?! feel free to comment anytime!! :) haha.

 

oh... and just thought i'd say... I'm not sure how many chapters there are left of this fanfiction!!! :O But i do know that it is coming to an end soon :( i can only drag it on for so long :(  With that being said, i'm not sure as to how many chapters are left, but i hope you'll stick around and read till the end, whenever it comes :)

 

Thanks so much for your support!! I greatly appreciate it!

 

- Bebexoxo

Read. Enjoy. Comment. Subscribe. :)