"Love is an emotion, something instinctual, something that logic will never be able to understand."

Stupid You,

Seunghyun’s POV:

 

'You're a fool, Hyung. You like her don't you?!'those words continue to ring in my mind as I make my way back to Gaheun's room. I don't like her, why would I? 'Liking someone doesn't have to be logical Seunghyun; love is an emotion, something instinctual, something that logic will never be able to understand.' Hearing her voice made my heart stop for a second. Minkyung. Those were the words she said to me when she made me realize that I loved her. That I still love her. The memory came back to me,
 

 

**Flashback**

 

"So... Why do you always come here?" Minkyung asks me with a smile, while I sit at the bar. She was a bartender/singer at the time.

I look up from my drink and look at her.

"I don't know, I just like it here. I feel so much more relieved for some reason." It’s true, I think as I let out a sigh. She just laughs quietly, I look at her. What’s so funny?

"Maybe it's not here that you like. Maybe it's the company you enjoy." she answers. I scoff at her,

"You mean you?" I answer, joking.

"I wouldn't think it too hard to believe." she answers, sounding a little smug.

"Oh really? And what exactly makes you think I enjoy your company?" I ask, waiting for her answer. I didn't like her; at least, I didn't know I did yet.

"Well, for one, you come here every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. And those are the only days I work." she began. She's right; I do only go on those days... It used to be more often before, but I stopped going so often after a while. Actually, I haven’t even thought anything of that before.

"Two, you always have something to tell or say to me while you're here. If you haven't noticed, you do call me by my name, not 'miss' or any other generic term." She adds.

I was confused for a second, taking in all the information. What she says is all true. But I didn't think it means that I like her.

"But isn't it polite to greet you by name? Since I see you here every time? It seems like manners to me." I answer.

"Heh, yes. It is polite, but why do you see me here all the time?"

"Because it's a coincidence that we're here on the same day, and you work here." I answer. I can’t even tell if I’m lying or not. She just sighs,

"Okay, okay, whatever you say. You can deny all you want. Just a question, have you ever felt true love? I can tell you’ve have flings or one night stands... But have you ever truly liked any of the girls?" her question stumps me. I have had short relationships with a number of girls, but they’ve never lasted long. I never really thought about why though.

"Okay, Miss Expert. What is true love all about then?" I ask, trying to switch the topic.

"Hmmm... Not sure about true love. But I know what liking someone is like. You just want to be with that person all the time, and sometimes you think about them randomly. And when you do see them, you feel separated from the rest of the world; in a place where it's only you, with no troubles or responsibilities."

    I take in all that she says, and realize: every word she just said is how I feel... When I’m with her. Was I in love with her? It makes no sense for me too; I don't know her, I don't know her birthday, hobbies, anything.  I just knew her name, and where she worked. You can't like someone just like that. How could you?

"I see... It still doesn't make sense though. I can't like you, I barely even know you." I reply

"Liking someone doesn't have to be logical Seunghyun; love is an emotion, something instinctual, something that logic will never be able to understand. I know it's true, because although liking you doesn't make sense, I do." I zone out after she says this. She likes me. And right after she explained this concept of ‘liking someone’, I knew for sure, I like her too.
 

**End of flashback. **
 
 

 

                    As I snap out of that memory, I hear loud laughter coming from Gaheun's room. I can recognize three of the four laughs. The unrecognizable one I figure is Gaheun's. It's strange, I've never heard her laugh before, and even more strange, I hoped it wouldn't stop.
 
 

                    I walk into the room, half expecting the laughter to stop, but it doesn't. I doubt they even realize I walked in. Hyungjoo and Hyukshin were in the room, laughing so hard they were rolling on the floor. Kim Bum is laughing hard too, his whole body is shaking. He has one arm around Gaheun, resting it on her shoulder. She’s laughing too, so hard it looks like she’s crying, and she’s actually tearing. Oddly enough, I feel a little irritated at the sight. I'm not sure what part makes me irritated, but whatever it is, it's annoying. I don't want to admit it, but I think it might be that Kim Bum is so close to Gaheun.

"Oh, Hyung!" Kim Bum finally manages to gasp as he sees me. "Hyungjoo and Hyukshin- hahahahaha… “he can’t even finish. Gaheun, laughing as well, looks at me. She stops laughing, but instead smiles at me, it took about a minute for me to realize that I was smiling back at her as well.