I... Want to us to act like a family again

Stupid You,

Third Person's POV:

 

 

                The doors to Choi's office slam open, Choi jerks his head up. Who was the brat who dares to disturb him so rashly? Oh.

                The young man stormed up to his desk, and threw his hands onto the surface, shaking everything on top of it. Choi's eyed were wide open, staring at the pair of eyes that were piercing through him.

 

"For Minkyung, Huh? For me? Or was all of this for you?" he demands. Choi didn't know what to say, and even if he did the stare he was getting was holding his words back.

 

"O-o-of course it’s for you. What would I have to gain?" He managed to piece his sentence together. He's never seen his son look so ruthless before.

 

His son smirks,

 

"You played me... And I found out from an outsider who hasn't even spoken to you..." He smiles, almost sadistically.            What's wrong with him?... Choi thought, at that moment, he actually feared his son.

 

"Let me explain."            Choi says, in a quiet voice.

 

Seunghyun scoffs, "Okay. Go ahead, I'd like to hear what you have pulled up your sleeve."

 

"Minkyung died because… she loved you too much. And that's the truth, she made a choice. That choice was to save you, and sacrifice herself. She didn't want the fighting to continue, because she was worried about you. Maybe she knew something that we didn't... Maybe she felt helpless and that there was no way we'd win if we’d confronted them."

 

Seunghyun's smirk disappears from his face. What replaced it was the face he'd developed when he was a teenager; a mask, hiding everything he was afraid to show.

 

 

Say it now, Choi, now's the best chance you'll get.

 

"She shouldn't have died... I know that Seunghyun... But... You're my son, I couldn't lose you. Even if it meant sacrificing someone else..." Choi looks down, disappointed in himself. Seunghyun's expression changes, it was a look of confusion now. That was the first time his father said anything remotely close to affection.

 

"... I swear, I wish there was another way. I know you loved Minkyung. But they must have done something to her to make her commit suicide... Seunghyun, I'll be honest, one of the reasons I agreed to take Gaheun as hostage, and keep her here for such a long time was because... After a few days, I knew you had feelings for her."  He looks up to face Seunghyun, who still looks confused.

 

"You like being around her. Maybe she could even be like a Minkyung to you... Or at least partially like her." he adds. No, she can't replace Minkyung. But she does have her own now, Seunghyun thinks to himself.

 

"And who knows... With Donghae out of the picture... Maybe she'll realize she likes you too."   Am I that obvious?    Seunghyun thinks to himself, if even my father can see it... Can everyone else see it too? More importantly... Does she see it?

 

"This is why finishing what we've started is so important. I can tell that you won't be happy without her, and that you won't be happy unless Minkyung is avenged. We're killing two birds with one stone. And... frankly..." Choi trails off, deep in thought.

 

                 Seunghyun's mind is in a fog, he can't seem to really comprehend what's going on... What did this even have to do with anything? His dream from that night re-entered his mind; His father pointing a gun at Gaheun, saying it was too late. Wasn't it impossible to save both of them? Then why is he giving me the chance now...?

 

"Gaheun seems like a nice girl, and there must be something special about her, seeing as both you and Donghae like her." Seunghyun looks at his father, confused by his words and tone.                 Since when did he decide to care about the people I like and talk with?... Since when did he ever think to start acting like a father?     His father’s eyes watch him intently.

 

"After this, I want to start over with you. I want to pretend the past never happened. I... Want to us to act like a family again. And if you want, Gaheun can become part of our new family, once this is all over." His eyes were buried with sincerity as he continued to analyze the emotions of his son.

 

"Gaheun means a lot to you... Doesn't she?" he asks, in a light tone. Seunghyun stares at him for a while, no words could reach his lips, so he just nodded once. Choi smiles.

 

"Then it's settled then. Once we get this revenge, it'll be like starting from a fresh slate. Everything will be fair; no more getting even or anything. Okay?" 

                Seunghyun exhales deeply, but eventually gives in and smiles.  "Yeah. I'd like that. Starting from the beginning again." he nods.

 

 

                Even though he agrees, and honestly likes the idea of a new start, he can't help but feel something eating at his gut... He thinks it's uneasiness from his father's sudden change of heart; what he doesn't know is, it’s actually his conscience feeling guilt.

 

"Okay. Well, leave me alone now; I've got to finish some more of this business work. And ... You still want to wait a week before we end this right? We can wait. In the meantime, why don't you bring Gaheun back? I doubt there'll be any more "invasions" from their side."     Choi says in a light mood.

 

"Okay. Sure thing." Seunghyun replies as he turns and heads for the door. He closes the door shut behind him, his mind wandering all possibilities of their conversation.

 

 

 

                Whew... That was a close one, Choi thinks as he pours himself a glass of wine. Hmmm... I guess this Gaheun proves to be more useful than what I originally intended for her. Hmph, this only works to my advantage anyways. He sighs in relief as he sits back in his seat, planning his final stage.