Ahjussi

Stupid You,

                Donghae sat still, his hand brushing Gaheun's hair away from her face. He smiled, he was so thankful to have found someone like her... She truly is one of a kind, he thought quietly, she's worth everything to me now.
 

Donghae’s POV:


*flashback*
"How long did you think you could hide her from me Donghae?hmm?"

"... Longer than this,"

"You have to understand this Donghae, now is not the time for you to be distracted by girls. At all. When I finally agreed to accept you into our world, what was my rule?"

"..."  I knew the rules, and I did accept them. But how I feel not something I can explain to him…

"Donghae, I don't know what happened. Can you explain to me? Who is she? How did you meet her? What makes her so special that you are willing to throw away everything we worked so hard for to get your father's revenge-"

"It's not getting in the way of that! I swear." I’ll never forget my goal, ever.

"That's not how it's looking, Hae. Not only did you disobey one of my only rules, you're also being extremely irresponsible right now. That girl, she doesn't even know what type of life you're living, she doesn't know YOU. Who you truly are, and where you truly come from. And if she does find out what you do... Do you really think she'd stay with you? No. She'd be like any other girl her age and leave you for any other guy she see-"

"SHE'S NOT LIKE THAT!!!!" Gaheun wouldn't do that, she wouldn't. If she was like that, she wouldn't have helped me the first night we met... She would've just looked at me, and pretended not to see... But she didn't. She didn't leave when I told her about my father and uncle... And she didn't question or judge me. Not once.

My uncle stares at me, completely shocked by my words. I've never raised my voice at him before.

"...Ahjussi, I..."  . I feel bad now.

"Nevermind, just pack and get ready. We'll be going back home tomorrow morning." He says, shirking the topic away now

"Ahjussi... I jus-"

"Go do as I say, obviously we should drop this topic for a bit."

I hear him walk away, and close the door behind him.
 

~~~
the next morning...
~~~
 

                I woke up from sleeping in the car, on our way back to Seoul.

"So... You finally wake up" Ahjussi says, in an indifferent tone. I nod, I still feel bad about last night.

"Sorry. I'm so sorry about last night. I shouldn't have raised my voice at you... I didn't mean it towards you specifically, I just didn't know how to-"

"So. Who is this girlfriend of yours?" he interrupts

"..." Why isn’t he mad? Why is he asking like it’s no big deal?

"What? Now when I finally ask, you don't want to tell me?"

"Her name is Gaheun,"

"Oh... That's unique. Sounds pretty." he said, thoughtful. What's he thinking?

"She is."

"But... What makes her so different? You haven't even looked at a girl twice since... Years ago."

"She's... Different. Not like other girls, I don't even know how to begin..."

Ahjussi smiled,

 "You know a girl is one of a kind when you get an explanation like that, ... 'she's not like that' is what you yelled, right?”

I nod,

“How could you know for sure Hae? You can say that she'll like you no matter what, but what makes you so sure? Girls are… usually superficial; they will go with you within a snap of a finger, and leave, just as quick. But there are also girls who are very rare, who will stay with you forever... Just like that one girl who..." he dropped the thought. None of us wanted to bring up that memory again, it wasn't our fault. She did it herself... I was just a second too late...

Ahjussi clears his throat,

"So, back to this Gaheun of yours..."

"She won't leave me."

"Oh?"

"I've told her everything already. All of it. Dad, mom, the fighting, she's met everyone else already, besides you and your generation members... She knows about you too, Ahjussi. She even knows a bit about Baeguk's crew..."

"You told her all that? When?"

"... About a month ago."

"And she's still around... Huh. How long have you known her?"

"For about a month."

"Ehhh?!" his expression made me laugh; it's the first time I've seen him react like that.

"Is she mentally stable?" he asks, sort of joking.

"Hahaha. I ask her that all the time." I answer, laughing. He chuckles.

"So... When will I get to meet her?" he asks, with an airy voice. Meet her? I haven't even thought about that.

"Don't tell me you were planning on hiding her from me forever," he said, seriously.

"No... Not forever..." Maybe I was planning on hiding her forever..oops.

"Well can I at least SEE her?" he asks, emphasizing the 'see'

"Yeah, sometime"
 
*End of flashback*
 
               

                She looks so... At peace, she even has a slight smile on her face. She’s so strange... Afraid of movies, but not of the harsh truths of reality... Not afraid of the things I go through... Not afraid of how she could be a victim of Them, because of me. She'd probably be scared of meeting Ahjussi, that's for sure. He doesn't look like the most friendly guy.

 

Hmm... I guess I will have to introduce them sometime...