What am I? Some freak show or something?

Stupid You,

Donghae's POV:

 

 

                Seunghyun sits awkwardly across from me, as I eat at the kitchen table. I feel awkward too, especially with so many eyes looking at us, well, at me. What am I? Some freak show or something? I try to ignore them as best I can... But you probably know the feeling of being watched, it's not something you can just push away. Seunghyun watches me too, his eyes just observing my every move. What's up with him? He's been acting so strange ever since we got back, I don't know him well, but he definitely isn't the same.

He clears his throat, then speaks quietly.

"Ahem... Maybe coming out wasn't such a good idea..."

"I could've told you that. But you don't listen." I mutter, just as quiet.

He cracks a smile and a light laugh at my words, right after, there's mumbling in the background. It's like high school gossip all over again. I guess it's true when people say guys never grow up.

"I'm done. Do I go back to my room now?" I ask him, slightly joking.

"Haha, yeah. I guess. You can't see it, but everyone's looking at you." he says.

"I can tell. Had a feeling I'm like a museum exhibit or something." I answer casually. He laughs.

"Why are you guys staring from afar?! Too chicken to come here?!" he shouts passed me. The mumbling comes again, this time with ten times more voices, holy crap, how many of them are there?   Suddenly I hear steps stomping towards us, at least it sounded like the person was stomping.

 

 

"So Seunghyun, I see you're making friends with a soon to be corpse." I turn to the voice. An unrecognizable face.

"What do you want Junhyung?" Seunghyun asks, clearly annoyed.

"I really don't understand you hyung, do you have a thing for dead people? A thing for losing people? I mean, you're befriending this guy over here," The guy says as he puts his hand on my shoulder and shakes me a few times, as if I were a friend. My fists clench together, don't get annoyed, it's not worth it.

"And you've already lost Minkyung." he adds, patting my shoulder roughly. I may sound like I have anger management issues, but I wanna break his arm. Right now.

Seunghyun's face stiffens as I hear a couple more steps come forward. I bet there's a crowd behind me now, isn't there?   He was holding his fists shut too, maybe he wants to knock this guy out as much as I do.

"Cousin, you're really strange. Don't you remember that Minkyung died because of him? Your.. Friend? Is he now?" I look at him, furious. His voice and tone pisses me off.

"What? What? Isn't it the truth?" he looks at me, he says accusingly.

"Leave. It's never been your business to watch and criticize what I do." Seunghyun speaks up finally, his tone blunt.

"I'm just saying what I see. You know, I've never really understood Choi ahjussi, I'm clearly the best next successor. It's just because you're his son he's giving everything to you." Seunghyun scoffs when he hears this.

"I've done so much for everyone here, I've planned so much, I've led so many of our acts so many of our attacks on their people. Hmph. And yet, I'm  still  always second best. I don't understand why he insists on you leading us after him." Junhyung states loudly. Seunghyun just looks at him with a blank face, as if he wasn't even listening.

 

 

"Maybe you would get somewhere if you didn't lose every 'attack' against us," I answer, rolling my eyes.

                I'm dead serious though, we rarely ever lose to them. Seunghyun puts his fist to his face and covers his nose and his mouth, as he tries to hold in a laugh. I can hear some muffled laughter in the back too, huh, maybe Junhyung isn't so popular here.

 

"You! What right do you think you have to talk to me like that? Do you not remember where you are? You're smart mouth is gonna get you a beating." Junhyung says angrily as he pushes my head with his fingers.

                As he does this, my arms constrict, and I exhale to calm myself down. Naturally, a smirk forms on my face; I tilt my head back up and turn to look at Junhyung. He was still angry, and even more infuriated when he saw I was smiling.

"Who areyou?  You think just because I'm here I won't   'say what I see?' " I answer, as if it was a joke.

"Hmph. Your big mouth is gonna get you into some trouble." He threatens me. It doesn't affect me though, that idiot. "Oh. You know what...?" I scoff, waiting for his answer.

"I'll just remember all those things you just said when I get to deal with Gaheun," he says, cocky.

 

My mind blanked.

 

 

                He was being held up by two of his guys, they caught him before he could hit the ground. I look over to Seunghyun, who was now standing up. Seunghyun looks at me with a wide eyed expression, but laughs quietly. My knuckles begin to feel a little warm.

 

"You... You dare hit me?!?!" Junhyung yells furiously as he holds his jaw in one hand. I look at him with no expression, and say nothing.

"Hyung!" Junhyung says to Seunghyun, irritated.

"What? Now that you need help, I’m you ‘Hyung’?  You're not getting any help from me. Maybe you should learn to watch what you say." Seunghyun replies, referring to Junhyung's earlier comments towards him. "I'm not getting into this. Handle it yourself."

Seunghyun shrugs as he looks at me with an encouraging expression. I look at him, is he really not gonna try to back up his cousin?

 

"Knock yourself out, Donghae. I'll just say I couldn't stop you." He says to me, half smiling.  I think I get what he wants now. He probably can't hit Junhyung because of Choi, but nothing's stoppingme from doing it.   Hah, lucky me, I get to blow off some steam.