Back Already?!

Stupid You,

            Unfortunately, work did end. And fast, I might add. But I did make quite a bit from tips, guess my hard work did pay off :)

 

"Did you give your number to that boy?" Unnie asks, right as the last customer leaves. You think she would have forgotten or something.

"Of course not! Why do you always think I'm doing stuff with boys?!" I kinda shout. It must have shocked her, since she was almost speechless after my outburst.

"No need to get angry, Gaheun. I just wanted to make sure…” She replies, defending herself slightly. “ That boy was good looking though. Hehe. If I was still young I'd-"

"NO. Don't even tell me what you'd do. Ever." I answer, about to cover my ears, but we both burst out laughing instead.

 

*ding-ding*

 

"Oh hello again young man, but... we're actually closed now."

            I don't even wanna turn around to look at him. Partially because I’m scared to (I don't really know why), and partially because I don't want him to say something to me in front of Yejin. Since we're not supposed to know each other, if you remember.

"Ahjumma, hello, and actually I-"

"Oh, please call me Noona. It makes me feel younger, keke. And I suppose if you  really  want another drink that badly we should quickly get you one. What would you like? ... Gaheun ah, do your job," she says slightly scolding me before she slips back to the kitchen.  Wow unnie. Wow.

 

            I turn to him about to ask the typical waitress line, but quickly he says,

 

"Miss, I would like a regular caffe latte, with NO SPRINKLES, and EXTRA foam..." I guess he finally felt my death glare towards the end, since he stopped mocking me. He doesn’t say anything else and just chuckles.    Ugh, what a...

"Here you go!" Yejin says cheerfully, startling me because of her sudden appearance. Why don't people walk with any noise today?!   It makes me nervous.

"You don't have to pay, its fine." she tells Donghae. Haha, unnie probably has a crush on him or something, I haven't ever seen her give any item for free before.

"Oh, thank you. But... Do you mind if I stay here for a little while longer? You see, I have to kill some time before it gets to 11:00, and I was wondering if I could just read and study here, I’ll pay you for the extra time and everything.” Donghae says, sounding hesitant. Yejin doesn’t answer, she just looks at him, debating an answer. “ But if you really need to close, it'll be fine. I can just... Walk around outside... Or... Something..."

            Is he trying to make Yejin feel guilty or something? He spoke with such a 'little kid' vibe, sort of mopey, or lost or something. But either way, Unnie would never let him do that, I mean, giving him that freebie was surprising enough.

"We have to close" I say, partly glaring at him. What’s he up to?   He isn't even looking at me though, he’s looking at Yejin, with an almost, hopeful face? I don't know, something like that, and he STILL reminds me of a kid.

"Well ... I suppose you could. It'll be getting dark soon, and there's no point in wandering by yourself, feel free to stay"

            WHAT THE HECK?!   This just blows my mind. Yejin must really have a weakness for him or something. Or childish things... like him.

 

"Wait unnie, don't you have your get together tonight with your friends?"  I don't believe he just wants to loiter and read. It'd be weird if he did.   

            I look at him, and he looks at me, one brow higher than the other with a  'are you really saying that? Really?' face. I roll my eyes and look back to Yejin.

"Oh right! Well... It'll still be okay, because YOU can stay till he leaves, you need to clean up anyways. I have to leave soon" she says, concluding the conversation.  What. That did not go as I planned, now I’M gonna be alone with him… AGAIN.

           

            She walks back towards the kitchen to remove her apron and put it away. Okay, I'm NOT being stuck with him. It's not like I feel scared or something. But it's gonna be awkward if it's just us two (me + boys = AWKWARD! And even more awkward, I saw him without a shirt on!!!) I guess I have to tell her the truth, that'll get her to let me leave and kick him out.

 

"Unnie... I... Don't wanna stay... " I say in the saddest possible tone I can possibly attempt.

She looks at me for a few seconds then asks, "Why? What's wrong?"    I don't want to be stuck with him, that's why.

"It's just... I feel weird being alone with him... And we’ll have to stay until past sunset! It'll be dark, and, what if -"

"Oh, Gaheun! Please speak normally! You're speaking so strangely,"   Fail. obviously, my sad voice doesn't work.  "And I know you don't want to stay here past work hours, but you must not get into the habit of being lazy!"    LAZY?!?! Woooooooow.

"No! It's not that I'm lazy! It's just that... You always accuse me with being and flirting with boys! And I don't even know him, and you don't even know him!-"

"Ahh... So you're scared! You should've just said something!"

"No! I'm not scared... It's just gonna be AWKWARD!" if you can't already tell, I’m getting irritated.

"Awkward?... Oh, silly me. YOU MUST HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM! Hehehehehe, well then Gaheun, you could have simply-"

"Ahh !! NO! Ohmygoodness. I don't even know him! And remember you said you didn't want me to meet boys like him!"

"Like him? What's wrong with boys like him?"

"You know, the ones that time at the restau-..." Oh right, she wouldn't remember. She was drunk that night.

"What? Well, I don't think he's bad, he sounds and looks so innocent, like a child even, how could you feel threatened by that? Plus, look at his face, he has quite a few bandaids and a bruise or two, maybe he's trying to hide from being beat up."  Wow. Just wow.

"… Okay fine. I'll stay…" I mumble, mostly to myself. There's no point in continuing the conversation. I’ll end up staying anyways. She claps as she walks out of the kitchen and towards the front door,

"Well! Good then! I'll be going now, then. See you tomorrow morning dear. Goodbye...uh..."

"Donghae. And goodbye noona, thank you so much for letting me stay" he smiles oh-so-sweetly. He's such an actor, pretending to be all cute. Bleh.

"Oh, hehehe, no problem! Gaheun here will stay as long as you need to be here," and with that she left.

 

 

            Donghae goes and sits in a booth by the window, taking a book out of a shopping bag he brought. And begins to read. Huh. Maybe he did just wanna read, weirdo. I don’t see why he needs to be here then. Well, none of my business, I better clean the kitchen, clean the last few tables and make sure the bathroom is decent.

 

 

             I finish my tasks after about a half an hour, and am putting away the receipts and money from the register into the safe under the counter, my last task for the day. Getting back up from under the counter, I almost hit Donghae's face with my head.

"Ah!" I half exclaim, half squeal.

He just looks at me with a puzzled face and asks "What are you doing?"

"Nothing, you just scared- nevermind." I mumble.  I screamed, what else could that have been? Stupid.

"So, ready to go?" he asks casually.

"Yeah, it's only you I have to wait for so I can go home,"  He chuckles.

"You’re not going home yet,"

"Uh... Why not?"  I know, I know, dumb question, but how do you even respond to that?!