She knows what I wanted to say to her. It's no surprise anyways; I've always told her I loved her. Every day since the moment I realized I did.

Stupid You,

Donghae's POV:

 

 

                    I hear steps on the platform, not long after, the bright fluorescent light around me on the floor is shaded. I look up to the figure.Gaheun. I turn my head away quickly, not wanting her to see my face. I probably look so vulnerable, so weak.  It's shameful to let her see me beat up, even though she’s seen me with bruises all over my face before, twice. The first was when we first met; when she saved my life, and when I probably looked 100 times worse than now. And the second time: when Ahjussi dropped me off to meet her because I didn't want to ruin our date.

                     Both times were embarrassing, but she never seemed bothered by my moments and signs of weakness. I was bothered though, and I'm not going to let her see me like that again. The last image she was supposed to see of me,  of us,  was the image I wanted her to keep with her forever. I want her to remember us being happy; that's why I left her my drawing, so she could look at it and remember how happy we were for that one month.

 

 

                    I hear a thud on the floor, I cringe, still looking away. Her hand gently grabs hold of her face and makes me face her. I try to fight back, but she continues to persist, and eventually, I give in.

 

 

                    My gaze reaches her's, and I can't help but look down the moment it does. She looks so sad. So broken. It makes me feel even more disappointed in myself than before.

 

"Donghae..." she barely whispers. I look at her, she smiles weakly.

                     I smile back as best I can; I know it's unconvincing though, because her eyes sadden. I look into her eyes, and see my own reflection in them. Damn it.  I knew I was unconvincing.  My feelings always get leaked through my eyes.

"... We're... Going to be okay... Right?" she asks hopefully, whispering like earlier. I wish I could tell her yes, but even if I did, she'd know it was a lie.

"Gaheun...I lo-"

"I'm sorry, but I'm worried you two lovebirds have to hurry up a bit. We're all on a tight schedule, and time's not really on your side at the moment." Choi's voice booms in comparison to our earlier murmurs.

                    I grit my teeth at the sound of his voice. I look passed Gaheun, and try to find the source of Choi's voice; I can't find him, the bright, blurry light only lets me see a few meters farther than the edge of the small platform I'm kneeling on. I can’t see a thing, there could be a whole audience standing in the blackness, just waiting for this show to be over.

 

                    Gaheun stiffens, and grabs hold of my shoulder, squeezing it tightly as she nods. She knows what I wanted to say to her. It's no surprise anyways; I've always told her I loved her. Every day since the moment I realized I did.

 

 

"Gaheun, I'm sorry. Time's up." Choi calls again.  She stiffens again, and moves to kneel right in front of me.

"I'm not going anywhere." She whispers to me, her face becoming serious. What? She wants to be here, right beside me, when I die?

"Gaheun, you're really serious? You want to stay here together until your last few moments together are up?" Choi’s voice booms again.  Gaheun nods once, looking right into my eyes.

"Gaheun. Go." I say, shaking my head towards the side. She shakes her head weakly. I’m about to push her away when a strong resistance is pulling me back; the stupid chains. I almost forgot they were there tying me, maybe my arms are becoming numb.

"Choi promised me I can be here with you. I want to keep every second we have left. I have strength remember? If I'm here, it'll be easier for you. Right?" she asks quietly.

                     I almost tell her to leave again, but I can't this time.  I don't want her to go, I only have a couple of seconds left. She's right; I do want to keep every second we have left, even if it’s my last. Seeing her does give me strength.  I nod once, not breaking my gaze away from her.

 

 

                    She wraps her arms around my neck, and rests her head on my shoulder. Automatically, my arms move to hug her back. I can't though; my hands are tied behind my back, my arms chained. The chain jingles as I try to move my arms again.

 

Gaheun exhales, she sounds like she's crying. Or, at least trying to hide that she is.

                    I look ahead of me, into the black distance, not a single figure in sight. I hear the click of a gun as it quietly echoes through the large open space.  Gaheun's arms tighten around me. She can probably see Choi right now. She pushes her head closer against me.

She inhales deeply, "I love you." she says breathily, crying quietly. My eyes burn as I take in my last breath of air.

 

"Time's up." Choi's curt and ruthless statement sent a shock through my spine.  

 

Gaheun squeezes me tightly, and I press my head against her's. Gaheun, I'm glad I got to spend my last second of life with you.  I exhale and I close my eyes and rest my head on hers.

 

 

                   

 

                    The last couple seconds were soon disrupted by the pull of the trigger. The sound of the gunshot pierced through the deafening silence as our bodies collided.