What am I doing?

Stupid You,

 


                Just so you guys know before you actually start reading the story, this is basically chapter 10 and 11 in Donghae's point of view. Basic plot will be the same, but obviously we will understand him better and there are parts added/omitted. Feel free to skip this chapter if you like, but if you're curious... Go for it! ;)

 

~~~~~~~

 

Donghae’s POV:

 

 

                Gaheun has been quiet for quite some time now... I wonder why she's so threatened by her aunt... Ahjumma seems too nice to be of any harm. Should I tell Gaheun than I actually left the shirt in the cafe?     Yes.  Okay, I should... It’s the right thing to do Donghae, so just get some courage and tell her the truth. The truth… ugh.

 

"Gaheun ah, I have to tell you something..."    WAIT!   If I tell her the truth, she'll know that I tricked her into coming out with me.  Crap.  What now? I already started talking.

Gaheun sighs, "What...?"   Oh damn. Damn. Donghae, make up a lie quick. It shouldn't be too hard. "... am I gonna do?" She finishes.  Phew... She’s so into her dilemma that she didn't even hear me. Close call.   Donghae, mental note: don't be an idiot, and think things through CLEARLY before you speak.

 

 

 

                I park, unbuckle my seatbelt, and open the car door. I step one foot out as I look at Gaheun, who is as still as a statue.  Is she really that worried about the uniform? ... I guess I should... Open the door for her.  But… she said it was dumb when guys do that.

 

"Yah, Gaheun!"  I call, oops, that came out a little louder than it was supposed to be.

 

                She doesn’t move; still staring out the windshield and into the distance. My stomach grumbles. Dang. Enough is enough, I'm hungry. I open the door to the passenger seat, and after about a minute, complete, utter shock is plastered on her face. It scares me a bit. Maybe I should close the door. Wait, I should see if she changes her face again first.  After about 15 seconds, her head slowly turns to me.  Should I look away? Why is she so creepy?... What does her aunt do to her anyways?!

She looks at me still, unmoving.

 

"Are you gonna come out yet?"  We gotta eat, before I take her home.

 

 

 

                My plan for the day was useless, first Henry and Siwon bump into us, and now she might be in depression... Aish, Donghae, you should wear a dunce cap whenever it comes to girls and dating.

 

 

                I order the food really quickly, not because we’re in a rush, but because I’m worried Gaheun is going to hear my stomach grumbling. Guess it's a good thing she's spaced out after all. But... What if she’s acting weird because she's catching on to my trick?

 

"Don't worry, nobody will think this is a date"   I blurt out, breaking our silence. Smooth, Donghae. Stupid me. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.  Her eyes widen even more, oh crap. She probably didn't even think about that. So so so so SO stupid.

"You can continue with your moping if you want. I'm telling you, nobody will think this is a date." I add, not helping the situation. Her eyes widen even more, how is that even possible?! Her eyeballs look like they can fall out any second. Damn it, shut up now, Donghae, don't try to cover anything up, just shut up.

 

 

 

                I decide to change the topic, so I ask about the uniform problem, even though there really  is  no problem. It’s a good space filler though, and hopefully it’ll distract her from my previous dunce-worthy statements. We talk as we eat, and it’s fun, until a crew of guys come in. I recognize a few of  them  from earlier this week. I quickly turn my back to them. If they see me, they're gonna start something big.  Damn. Gaheun.  If they see her... Even if we aren't dating... I can't let them see me. No way. They're gonna wanna to kill her... Like how they think we did to...

 

"Do you need to go to the restroom?" I ask her. We gotta leave. Fast.

"Kay…" She says, obviously weirded out and leaves towards the restroom.

 

           

                First, cell phone. Right. Just in case something happens. I know it's very ungentlemanly to go through a girl’s bag, but this is a different case.  Anyways, I get her number, and quickly pay for the bill. I wonder if the guys recognized me. No, they couldn’t have. I haven't even looked at them a second time.    I go to the restroom area, and stand by the wall of the washroom door. Nothing will happen right? This is all so stupid. This is exactly why Ahjussi tells us not to get attached to anyone; the never-ending paranoia that something will happen.

 

 

                Stupid Leader, stupid fights, stupid plans, stupid misunderstandings, because of these stupid things, I'm the way I am now. Well, that doesn’t matter anyways... Gaheun will be okay. It sounds like she doesn't plan on talking to me again after tonight anyways. Better for the both of us. Better for her, it'd be selfish and inconsiderate of me to pursue her, even though I know I shouldn't.  BUT I WANT TO.  NO, Donghae, no. You have to be cautious… You don't want Gaheun to end up like-

 

"Woah!... Why are you lurking around here?  You could've just waited outside y'know"  Gaheun almost shouts.  I can't let that happen to Gaheun, nobody should suffer like that.

 

 

 

                I lead us to the exit, trying to hide myself as much as possible. I was only relieved after we drove a few streets away and didn't see any cars following us. I honestly don't know what I'd do if there were some.

 

 

 

                Gaheun looks at me for a long time during the car ride, she probably feels that I'm uncomfortable or something. I start talking to her again to distract her from her observation, and for some reason, for the next 40 minutes or so, I was completely relieved of all the tension I had just faced.   What is it about her?  I can tell her so much about myself; I can explain myself to her so well. And I always feel so… carefree, when I talk to her.   Stop it, Donghae, don't be selfish. Think of her well-being. Think of her.

 

 

                I stop in front of her house, she doesn't move for a while. I’m about to ask what’s wrong, but remember that it’s probably her aunt and the uniform issue. Maybe I'll text her later on tonight to let her know that it’s back at the café. She’ll probably be able to sleep better, considering she's someone who worries a lot, and tosses and turns and can't sit still until they are relieved.  But how am I going write that to her? If I tell her, she'll know I tricked her.   it up, Donghae.  Okay. Yeah. I gotta tell her the truth, all of it. Every shred of truth about today. Damn it.

 

 

 

 

                I should probably even make a note to self: do not let Henry get a hold of Gaheun's number. That'd be the worst thing that could happen. It'd be like giving an obsessed fan their favourite celebrity's cell phone number. That’d ruin everything; he'd want to see her. And we shouldn't.

 

~~~

 

Heyyoooooo dear readers :)
So, this is my first attempt with Donghae's POV! If you enjoyed it, let me know, so I can decide whether I will write his more often. OR if you didn't like it, and have suggestions for me, give me any feedback :)


I really appreciate your views and subscriptions. I'll update soon! :P

Btw… sorry that this was SOO long! I had to squish two chapters in one!

- Bebexoxo