"Why do you keep saying that? Get what over with? This is just the beginning..."

Stupid You,

Third Person POV:

 

 

                    Donghae woke up, struggling to pull himself into sitting position; Henry was holding him, Hyukjae was also holding him, on the opposite side of Henry, and for some reason, Sungmin and Hankyung were sprawled on top of them. Although he and his fourteen brothers live together, they had a 'sleepover' in one room. Why? Because they could. And because it reminded them of old times, his brothers knew there was something wrong with him, so they wanted to be with him 24/7 to try to cheer him up.

 

                    Today's the day, he thinks with a sigh. He doesn't feel any dread, possibly because he felt he had made the time he had worth it. There was one thing he felt that was missing though, he hadn't seen Gaheun one last time to say goodbye.

 

                    After sitting motionless for about 10 minutes, he carefully steps over and in between his sleeping brothers and quietly slips out of the room. Once he got out, he walked towards the abandoned hall of their house. He slowed down as he entered the hall, Nobody's been here since Minkyung, we haven't even went back to clean up her stuff or anything. He thought as he reached the door to her room. A sharp current washed through the back of his spine as he pushed the door open, and a piercing shot rang in his ears. He shivered at this remembrance, and steps into the room. You can tell nobody has been in there for a while, not a single living creature. Everything was exactly where Minkyung left it, the only difference is that a layer of dust has covered everything. He walks to the desk and grab the neatly enveloped letters, with handwritten names on them. There were of 6 them; Hyungjoo, Hyukshin, Kim Bum, Junhyung, Seunghyun and Choi Ahjussi. He held these in his hands as he drifted into thought.

"Hyung? Donghae Hyung? Oh man, where'd he go to?” It was Kibum's voice. He quickly jogs down the stairs to the lower level, to see him and Heechul standing in the hall, already dressed.

"Donghae, you aren't ready yet?!" Heechul asks

"No... Why? Where we going?"

"Lunch." Kibum answers, "Jungsoo Hyung says he's paying today." He says, lifting his eyebrows twice.

"Yah! Quit the yapping and just get dressed! Before Jungsoo changes his mind!" Heechul rushes. Donghae hurries to get dressed before Heechul can say anything else.
 
 

~~~
Donghae’s POV:

 

"Thank you Hyung~" all of us say, leaning back in our seats, completely full.

Jungsoo just smiles and nods,

"You're welcome. I decided that one of us had to volunteer to pay; running away leaving the last person to pay isn't a good idea all the time." he jokes at the end. It's true; sometimes we leave the last person without knowing they actually had no money. Good times.

"So... Where to next?" Kangin asks cheerfully.

                    We all go silent for a brief second, then a bunch of different ideas get yelled left, right and center. There were so many different ideas; I heard them yell the mall, movies, basketball court, beach, cyber cafe, and some weirdo who said home (I couldn't hear the voice clearly). We end up loitering in the restaurant for an extra hour and a half because we can't decide what to do.

"We just wasted so much time." Kibum says matter-of-factly, he already had enough of the shouting.

"Yeah... It's 4:00 p.m already." What? Already? The time flew by so fast... I only have 4 hours left before I meet Kim Bum...

"Well, since we can't really go anywhere anymore... Should we just go back?" Henry asks, frowning a little.

My phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Hey." it was Kim Bum. How'd he get my number?

"I made Gaheun tell me your number." he says after the silence.

"... Why-"

"Meet me in three hours at the same club. They know you'll be coming. Just reminding you." he says, as if he was a friend.

"I didn't forget. And okay. Good to know." I notice the loud chatter around me stop, and it gets replaced with the creepy stare of 28 eyes. It feels really awkward, I'm not going to lie.

"Don't bring anything. You won't need it." he reminds me again. I'm dying tonight, aren't I?

"Alright. See you soon then." I answer, trying to sound as friendly as possible because of my audience. I hang up.

"What?" I ask, pretending to be oblivious.

"Who was that?" Ryeowook asks, his wide eyes reappearing once again.

I choke my laugh, they were all serious.

"It was my mom." they relaxed a little. It got me thinking... I haven't seen her in a while... I wonder how she's been.

"Oh, you're gonna visit your mom soon?" Yesung asks, he was probably thinking of visiting his.

Before I can answer, Sungmin answers for me.

"Yesung Hyung, he did say 'see you soon' didn't he? Obviously he's gonna visit her." Yesung just gives him a glare-like look.

"So you leaving tonight?" Kangin asks.

"Mm." I nod. Wow, good thing I kept quiet. They just made my excuse to leave for me. That saved me a lot of trouble and thinking.
 
 

~~~
 

3 hours later.
 

~~~
 
 

                    I walk around the curb and hear the familiar bass vibrating the floor. I walk to the front entrance and go in, no obstacles in my way. As I walk towards the same room, I can see a number of their guys looking at me, some smiling with satisfaction, some glaring, some looking surprised, and a few who look confused. I don’t stop and go straight into the room. Kim Bum is sitting in the exact same place he sat in last time, the same drink in his hand.

 

 

“Yo.” He says with a light smile. It still bugs me how he treats me like his friend.

“Let’s get this over with.” I say, still standing in the room.

"Get what over with?" he asks, looking confused. What else could I mean? Why else am I here?

"Nothings happening yet. Just sit, relax a bit." relax? Relax?! Is he kidding me?

"You're not gonna sit are you?" he asks, looking at me.

I sit in the same place as last time. I hear a slight crumple in my back pocket as I sit down. Oh right, the letters.

I take them out, Kim Bum's eyes light up.

"Those..."

"Are the letters. Unread." I hand them over to him.

He flips through the names, and at two of them, I'm not sure which, his eyebrows arch together.

"Has Minkyung ever talked about Seunghyun's father? Or his cousin?" he asks, still looking confused.

"Choi? Nope. I don't know about the cousin either."

He nods once, then continues to say," Gaheun's good."

"So, you gonna let her go now?"

"Nope."    What. The. Hell?

"Hey, don't worry. We keep our word, she'll be safe. But orders are we can't let her go until everything is all over." damn it.

"I swear on my life she'll be okay." he confirms.

"Isn't it over now? I'm here. Let's get this over with."

"Why do you keep saying that? Get what over with? This is just the beginning..." beginning?... Of what?...

"I'm not sure what's happening for sure yet. But as of now, at least with me, you'll be fine. I won't let em get you." Do I look like I need a protector or something? Are we even friends? No. I don't get him. He shoves the letters into his jacket pocket.

"Alright. Let's get out of here." he sighs as he gets up. At that moment, the doors fly open. There are ten guys, standing in front of the door, entering the room. A few of them had baton like sticks in their hands. This is it. That liar. He better keep his word about Gaheun.

"What is this?" Kim Bum asks, his voice changing slightly.

"How lucky of us... Didn't think he'd actually come to us." the guy standing in front said, not directing his comment to anyone.

"Seunghyun left me in charge of this. Mind your own business and get out of the way, we're leaving." he says, sounding authoritative. A few of the others seemed uneasy now.

"Well Junhyung told us to get a piece of him first." the one in front says again as he lifts his baton into the air. Don't react, Hae. If he hits you, he hits you. It'll be worth it in the end when Gaheun's okay. I look away, for a split second and feel a draft of air by my arm, followed by a thud.

I look to in front of me, Kim Bum... One shoulder was lower than the other, and his head was facing the floor. The attacker looks shocked, his mouth open.

"... You're lucky we have an audience. You better get out of my way." Kim Bum says, sounding different from before. He actually sounds threatening. The ten of them file out of the room, leaving us in the wide view of the random passerbys  who stopped to watch a fight.

 

He walks out of the club, me following right behind him.

 

 

 

                    After five minutes of driving, I break the silence.

"Thanks, about earlier."

"Don't mention it, I said you'd be safe with me, right?" he answers sounding happy and cheerful. Is he bipolar or something?...

"Those guys are idiots, I don't think they have any brains to make their own decisions." he says, mostly to himself.

I scoff, and look out the window. It's weird, even now, I'm not afraid. Or worried. Even though I'm pretty much in the hands of death, I can't figure out why though...

 

 

 

                    The car pulls to a stop. I look ahead to see the Choi mansion, the one we destroyed last time I was here with my brothers. Its sort of ironic how I'll be destroyed here soon as well.

"Let's go in." he says, his voice sounding serious again.

                   

                    I follow him through the halls of the mansion until we reach a set of enormous doors. He opens them with no hesitation. I look straight into the room, and see someone sitting behind a large desk. Instinctively, my jaw and fists clench, and I stop breathing. It's him.
 
 

~~~
 

Third person POV:

 

 

                    Gaheun and Seunghyun were glaring at each other intensely, as if they were about to attack each other. Hyungjoo and Hyukshin on the other hand were staring at the two in awe, eyes and mouths wide open. Seunghyun moves his hand just a bit, making a slight 'tap' sound.

"Check." he mutters quietly.

"ooooh... " Hyukshin whispers to Hyungjoo.

Gaheun looks down to the chess board, and with a smirk, uses her bishop and flicks the queen off the board.

"er." she replies, sounding smug.

"Ooooh..." Hyungjoo whispers to Hyukshin, mocking him. Hyukshin was too into the game to realize.

"What? How did you?... Cheat!" Seunghyun shouts.

"Uhh... No. You're just oblivious." Gaheun answers.

"Lies. You cheated."

"Nope." Gaheun answers.

"Nope." Seunghyun mimics her.

"Oh will you two shut up and play?! I wanna see who'll win!" Hyukshin whines.
With that, Seunghyun began thinking again, and stares intently on the board.

The phone rings, but nobody moves.

"Okay... I guess I've got it." Hyungjoo says as he gets up. "Hello?" he answers.
 
"Hah. Check again." Seunghyun smirks.

"What? Grr..." Gaheun mutters quietly, looking intently at the board.

"Hyung" The silence is broken by Hyungjoo's voice. His eyes were a mixture of shock and seriousness.
Seunghyun looks at him immediately, as do the other two.

 

"They've got him. He's at your house now." he had no expression. The entire atmosphere of the room tenses up.

 

 

                    He looks to Gaheun directly, her fists were clenched, and she exhales deeply. Without a single word, she angrily flips the board and pieces over, scattering them all over the floor, and stormed into her room. The loud bang rang through their ears.

"Okay. Good." Seunghyun answers after clearing his throat. "You guys stay here. I'm going home for a bit." the two nod in unison as Seunghyun leaves.

 

 

                    As Seunghyun drove back to his father's house, he felt a weird sensation going through his body. It was anxious, reluctant, and almostlifeless. This is it, he thought. The moment I’ve been waiting for.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~

Heyyoooo :) haha, long time no update huh?! [well compared to my usual updates :P] I have exams starting on wednesday, so i need to study study study!!! BUT! I will update/write when im taking my periodic breaks :) haha. Hope you're still enjoying the story!!! :)

btw, sorry if this chapter is really lengthy in comparison to the others :P haha.

Read. Enjoy. Comment. Subscribe.