"We're brothers, we're in this together."

Stupid You,

                    While Seunghyun was having his argument with his Father, Donghae was having his own share of trouble as well…

 

Donghae's POV:
 

 

"Donghae, why did you leave without a word? Are you crazy? What if something happened to you? You could've been killed! What made you think you could storm into the heart of the opposition and succeed?!" Ahjussi yells angrily.

"Ahjussi, Donghae wasn't alone, we went with him." Kyuhyun tries to explain. Oh no, now we're all gonna be in trouble.

"Yes, I realize a few of you were with him. Donghae, don't you see? Kyuhyun, Henry, Siwon, all the others will follow with what you decide. You cannot just be so impulsive like that, you not only put yourself in danger, but you put EVERYONE who loves you in danger. You could have killed yourself AND those who went with you." He answers, still angry. Damn, he's right.

    

             I did risk their lives, that isn't right. But I'd give anything to save Gaheun. Is it worth it to risk my brothers for her? It isn't. I'm not going to even consider it. But I will do all I can to save her, for sure.

 

"Ahjussi, that's not how it was. Donghae didn't tell us, or ask us to go. It was a group decision." Kangin says. They're covering for me again. It wasn't a group decision, it was mine. They did just go along with me.

"Is that so Kangin? So all of you who went, and those of you who tried to hide it from me, were all in this together?"

"Yes," the fourteen of them says in unison, all without hesitation. It's always been like this, always covering for one another, all being punished together, so nobody has to go through it alone. I guess they’ve decided to stick to that thought. Ahjussi stiffens, his face becoming even more stern.

"Well then, there's no choice but forall of you to undergo punishment." he answers, I can tell he was trying hard not to give in.

"Yes, we acknowledge this, Ahjussi. Punish us as you see fit. We understand." Jungsoo Hyung confirms. No.

"I don't want to punish anyone who's innocent, so this is the last chance. Whoever thinks they shouldn't be punished, you can leave right now." Ahjussi states. Not a single muscle moves.

"Ahjussi... We're all in this together, like we've always been since we were kids. We all just wanted Gaheun to be safe." Henry says, in a quiet voice.

"Okay Henry, if that's how it is, then I believe you. You guys know the drill." they were all beginning to kneel on the floor, side by side, while Ahjussi goes back to his desk. He pulled out the weapon of our childhood nightmares; we haven't seen it since we were 10. In the corner of my eye, I can see some of them shiver, while the others wince at it. Ahjussi approaches the other end of the line we formed. It’s Henry first. Ahjussi lifts the stick,

"NO!! Don't do it!" I shout, kneeling in between him and Henry. "It was all my idea, all of it was because of me. I was impulsive. I was selfish and didn't think of our team. I take the blame for everything, so just punish me." I blurt out quickly.

Ahjussi's hand drops to his side, and he sighs, his eyes closed shaking his head slightly.

"Hyung, no. Just go back to the other end." Henry says, trying to push me aside. I resist.

"No, it's not fair. I'm not letting you guys take the blame for this. Not even a bit of it."

"It is fair! Don't you remember? Our pact? We're in everything together. Always. We share rewards and endure punishments together. As one." Jungsoo Hyung says, his tone calm.

"Not only that, what about all those times before? When you covered for us? Endured punishment for us? Gotten hurt because of us? You've been doing all of that ever since we were 5. We can afford to be there for you too, right? We're brothers, we're in this together." Hyukjae adds.

         

             Others were beginning to speak as well, but all went silent when Ahjussi let the stick drop to the floor. He sighs, and then says,

 

"All of you guys can go, I'll figure out what I'm going to do with all of you later. Just let me think first." We all froze in place, unsure of what we should do. Ahjussi opens his eyes,

"Henry, Kyuhyun, drive out and get some food for dinner tonight. The rest of you, go out and get some rest, and make sure you put medication on any wounds you received from today. You all look tired." We all nod, and get up to leave. I was the last to move, and the last to leave the room.

I stand in front of Ahjussi before I leave.

"Ahjussi, I-"

"Just go. You look the worst out of all of them, get medication and sleep. We'll talk about this another time." he says, his voice sounds like he was out of breath. I obey and leave the room.

 

                    As I walk through the halls realize there's no way I can risk the safety of any of my brothers or Ahjussi. Even if it is to save Gaheun. But I'm not letting Gaheun suffer either. There's only one way left for me to have a chance to save her.