She's bipolar or something

Stupid You,

Kim Bum's POV:
 
 

"Hellooooo? Anybody home?" I ask as I open the door. I look to see Seunghyun sitting on the bar stool at the kitchen island. He turns his head around and looks at me,

"Hey," he smiles. What's up with him?

"Yo."

I answer once I'm standing in front of him at the other end of the counter. He's drinking.

"Where's Gaheun?" I ask casually.

"She's sleeping." He answers, just as casual.

"Oh... Okay. Well anyways, I wanted to drop by cause-"

"Am I an idiot?" he asks abruptly.

"Huh? No, why?"

"I think I'm an idiot. A complete, stupid, idiot." he rambles. He isn't completely drunk, but he's in no way normal.

"Okay, hold up. Why are you a fool?" I'm gonna have to follow along with him the hard way...

"I... I'm in a lost cause. How can I get rid of him... Without making her hurt me?" oh, so that's what it is. The truth is, I don't know what to tell him.

"I dunno hyung. I don't have the answer,"

"There's no chance is there?" He asks, hopeless. I sigh.

"I ... Don't know hyung." geez, he's always so depressing after drinking.

"Why did you let Donghae call her?..."

"... I had to Hyung, you know it's the right thing to do" I answer. He sighs, exaggerating. Then gets up,

"I'm gonna go for a walk." he stumbles a little,

"Hyung, you can't even walk-"

"I can handle myself." he says as he slams the door shut behind him. He's in a bad mood, obviously. I wonder what happened to make him like that though... It's been over a week and he just realizes the problem now?

 

 

                    I quickly look behind me because I felt something touch my shoulder. I almost didn't see her; because she's a head shorter than me, but I look down to see Gaheun, rubbing one eye with her hand. She probably just woke up.

"Hey," she smiles.

"Hey." I answer, smiling back. ... Why isn't she upset or anything?

"Have you been here long? Where's Seunghyun?" she asks, fully waking up.

"Nah, got here just a few minutes ago. And he went for a walk... Do you know why he was angry?" I ask, giving it a shot. She looks at me, a little surprised.

"He was angry? Why?"

"I don't know, that's why I asked, silly."

"Hmm... I don't know, oh wait- but he couldn't be mad because of that can he? It was just a joke..." she answers, talking to herself.

"Uhh... Wanna let me in on what you're talking about?" I joke.

"Well, I pretended to be mad at him earlier, and then I fell asleep." Well that's definitely not what could have made him mad.

"Hmm... I guess we'll never know."

She purses her lips then shrugs.

"... So, you were with Donghae yesterday...?" she starts. Oh no. I don't wanna have this talk with her.

"Mm." I nod.

"... Well-"

"-Gaheun, you know what's going to happen. It's nothing we can change anymore. He's already agreed to bring himself to us." Her jaw clenches together. I put my hand on her shoulder,

"Look, try to look at it from our side too, okay? I know you can. From our point of view, it's only fair."

"But it's not fair. Someone still suffers."

"Gaheun, he's taking one for his team, think about it this way okay?"

"No, because his 'Team' wouldn't let him do it. I know it." I'm not about to argue, not with her. She’s probably right.

"Let's change the subject please."

"Okay, fine. But I will be asking about this later." she assures.

"Okay, fine."

"So... He has three days left right?"

"Gaheun..."

"Just answer."

"Yes."

"And you're not 100 percent sure he will show up? If he changes his mind, he just won't show up?" she asks again.

"Gaheun-" Didn’t we just agree to switch the topic?

"It's the last one."

"Okay, fine. I doubt he'll back out... But yeah, I guess."

"Okay. As long as he has the choice."

"How does that even-"

"I'm making myself feel better and believe that he won't be dumb." She's really dreading this, poor girl.

"Okay."

The door slams open with a loud bang,

"Gaheun!" Hyungjoo and Hyukshin shout as they carry in bags of stuff, mostly food.

"Woah! Hey guys!" she tries to reply with enthusiasm.

"Well we thought since we only have a few more days with you here, we should spend the time happily." Hyukshin beams, plopping the bags onto the floor. Hyungjoo also seems animated when he begins to speak,

"So... We brought tons of snacks: chips, cookies, chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes, cakes, candies, you name it. We got a bit if everything! And we brought cards, pop, a PS3, PS3 games, chess-"

"Chess?" Gaheun asks, as if it was a joke.

"Yeah..." the two nod in unison. I can't help but laugh, they brought chess... That's so out of place, considering the other things they brought. But actually, I like chess.

 

 

                    We end up eating pizza while playing cards and Seunghyun eventually comes back, about five hours later, completely sober, and even managed to crack a smile. One thing that looks off though, is Gaheun; she seems way too happy. She's normally a cheerful person, but considering her expression earlier when talking about you-know-who, it just seems too... Normal. Almost like she's bipolar or something, I wonder what she's thinking. Hmm... Maybe sheis just lying to herself to make her feel better. Either way though, we have to enjoy this time, free from troubles, free from enemies, free from our duty and ties.