It doesn't matter what I thought, because in an instant, my mind was wiped blank.

Stupid You,

Donghae's POV:

 

 

                    I've never had a chance to really look into the night. It's endless, limitless, peaceful... The exact opposite of life. My life. Maybe I'll end up somewhere among the stars after I'm gone... That'd be nice. Maybe I'd even be able to watch over Gaheun from there... Watch her smile, laugh, cry, love, see her in a wedding gown, and see her with her children... with someone else... Damn it Donghae, get over it. Get over it. She's better off without you now.  I look away from the window to see Kim Bum staring at me through the rear view mirror. I quickly smile at him, and see him smile back. I look out the window again pretending nothing happened, and look at the shops we're passing by. Except there are none anymore; all I see are trees and open field flying behind us.

"Where're we going?" I ask, this is definitely not the way back to his 'home'.

They both don't say anything. Finally, Seunghyun sighs.

"You'll see. I'm sure you'll be glad when we get there." He says, almost happily. "Kim Bum, take Hyungjoo and Hyukshin back to my father's house when we get back. You don't need to come back, maybe come back tomorrow morning." he says to Kim Bum. His father’s house… don’t they live in the same house?

"Gotcha." Kim Bum says cheerfully.

 

 

 

                    The car slows as we approach a cottage like house, it's in the middle of nowhere, so secluded.

"See ya, Donghae." Kim Bum says smiling. Huh.So it's just gonna be Seunghyun and I... And maybe Gaheun, right? It has to be. Why else would I be 'glad'?

I open the door and step out, taking in the fresh air with loud sigh.

"Let's go." Seunghyun tells me. I didn’t even hear him come out after me.

I follow him to the front door. He reaches to open the door, but before he can take hold of the doorknob, two bodies fly out. We both quickly step to the side, letting the two people out.

"Bye Hyung!" one said, really cheerfully. The other one stops to look at me, then looks to Seunghyun.

"Hyung. Here, DON'T EVER let her get her hands on that. Ever." The cheerful one speaks animatedly.

"Yeah. Burn it or something. It took us a good hour to get it out of her hands and deflated. You all owe us." the other one added. They both look so familiar... The two then look at me, the cheerful one smiles a little being polite and says "Hi." nodding his head once. The other just nods his head once and walks down the steps to the car.

 

                    Wait a second, I remember them... They were the reason I met Gaheun. They were those punks that tried to take me out that night. As much as I should hate them, I can’t help but feel like I owe them, if it weren’t for them, Gaheun wouldn’t have spoken to me.

"She's sleeping. But I thought we should keep it that way, it's easier for her if she doesn't see you." Seunghyun says, carefully explaining his reasoning. It's true, seeing her wouldn't be the best right now. I nod once and follow him into the house.

 

 

 

                    He gestures to the door. I slowly take hold of it, and feel a small electric current shoot down my spine. I haven't seen Gaheun in such a long time... Maybe my mind is going crazy or something.

                    I turn the knob and open the door slowly and open it slightly. I see a figure laying on the bed, my heart picks up its pace. Seunghyun's shadow shades the light from the hall a bit, I should walk in now. I walk step by step, slowly. I don't know why, maybe it's because inside, I sort of wish it wasn't her. Should I see her now? Will I be able to leave after being with her?  But it doesn't matter what I thought, because in an instant, my mind was wiped blank.

 

                    Without even thinking, I lay down beside her, and held her in my arms. It reminded me of the night before we were separated. Except, my heart wasn't racing... As much as it is now, that is. I put my face on the top of her head and inhale, taking in her scent; a wave of relief washes over me. I may sound like a baby, but I feel like crying. If I let myself go, I can cry right now. I am glad. So glad. Glad she's okay, and glad that I'm here with here. I squeeze her a little, and she shifts. Oops. Good thing she's not the lightest sleeper. I look to her face, and push her hair away from it, staring at her in the darkness, my eyes were feeling warm. Damn it, Donghae, you're such a baby. An idiot. Almost crying over nothing. I widen my eyes so no tears drop. I'm glad she isn't awake though, if she was, I don't know how I'd react.

 

                     I hear something shift, and look behind me to see Seunghyun, standing by the window. I didn't even realize he was in the room. Is he observing us or something?...

"It’s not that I don't trust you- well actually I am here because I don't trust you. I have to make sure you don't try to pull anything funny and escape or something..." he explains in a low voice, not facing us. Honestly, I don’t even care about what his explanation is.

"Thanks for doing this," I whisper quietly as I look back to Gaheun and kiss her forehead.

"If I had the choice, I would've wanted to see my girlfriend one more time if I knew one of us was going to die." he says, sounding a little bitter. I put my forehead to Gaheun’s as gently as possible, and look at her as I reply.

"I would have given you the choice if I knew" it's true, I would have.Minkyung wasn't supposed to die... But it doesn't matter anymore. I couldn't stop it.

He scoffs quietly,

"Okay sure, if you didn't know it was going to happen, then why did it happen?" he asks, disbelieving.

"You won't believe me, even if it's the truth, so what's the point?"

"Try me." he says, encouraging me to speak. "Tell me your story, I've promised Kim Bum I'd at least listen to what you have to say." Kim Bum, no wonder. He's probably read his letter already.

"Okay, here goes nothing," I begin, initiating the replay of my unreal memory.