...

Stupid You,

 

                I notice two guys walking in my direction,

“! That girl's washing the blood away!” One tries to whisper, referring to me, who’s hosing down the sidewalk.  If unnie sees this on Monday she’d freak.

               

                The two had some bruises too, and they both had something in their hands... A crowbar... And a... Butterfly knife!!!!??? O.o Crap. Crap. Crap. One quickly hides his butterfly knife in his pocket and the other, not so smart I'm guessing, tries to hide his crowbar, unsuccessfully obviously, and ends up tossing it on the ground.

 

“Hey you!”  I look up.  “Have you seen an injured guy pass by here?”

“Yeah actually, He walked towards the park down the street, across from here” I point to the tree marking the pathway to the park. They look at each other as if I was lying.

“Y'know, I think you should hurry up and try to find your friend. He was limping and looked like he was gonna pass out”  I add, encouraging them to go.

After a short moment, the crowbar guy says,

“Oh, okay. Well thanks” As if he found something really funny.

“Yeah, our friend probably wants us to get him, thanks again” The other guy adds, smirking.

 

 

                As they walk away one turns back, I’m not sure who (I was hosing the sidewalk) and shouts,

“Take care of yourself, a girl like you shouldn't be outside at this time, there are dangerous people out here” and they both laugh as they leave for the park.  

                A girl like me?!  They don’t know me! What's that supposed to mean? Idiots. But ... I guess I can see why the brown haired guy looks the way he does now... Looks like he probably got a few punches at them too, two against one... Pretty good, gotta admit.

 

 

                I walk back into the cafe, after clearing all the evidence that could get me into trouble. I grab the first aid kit and go to the lounge area to check up on him. He probably fell over while he was sitting, judging by his awkward position (his upper body is lying on the couch, while his legs are sort of in sitting position) I help him by fixing his position so he's just lying down. I quickly wiped the blood off of his arms and face. The cuts aren’t too bad, so I feel a little relieved…  Until I notice that his blood loss isn’t only from his arms, he’s still losing blood from his body.  Should I take his shirt off?  No... Maybe not, I’m not about to undress a boy. I haven’t even held ones hand. That’s just gonna be really awkward. I mean, what if he wakes up? :S … But... What if he... Dies?  What if he wakes up and thinks I'm a ert?!  What if... OH MY GOSH BLOOD ON THE COUCH! Unnie's gonna kill me if she sees this!!

 

                With that in mind, (and ONLY that in mind, I might add, in case some might be convinced that I’m just a ert >.<) I quickly remove his tank top, and clean away the blood. The cuts aren't too deep, so just sanitizing them and bandaging them should be okay. Gauze is probably better for this, I don’t think regular Band-Aids are gonna cut it. I end up bandaging his shoulder, chest, and part of his ab area. It probably doesn’t help my defence when I say this, but dang, I was right. He does have a nice body. Anyways, next task:  his arm... No expert on this one, but wrapping it has to do some good, right?

 

                After applying some Polysporin and Band-Aids on his face, I was done. Wow, who knew that 7 hours of grade nine first aid training would come in handy one day? I definitely didn’t, heck; I didn’t even pay attention during those 7 hours.

 

                I grab some blankets from the storage closet, (I know, it's weird how they're in a cafe, but Yejin unnie is always worrying and preparing for the worst to happen. Maybe she thought we'd get snowed in or something, honestly, I don’t know :p) and cover him up, wouldn't want him to get sick, he's already been beaten up and all. The bigger reason for covering him up is because I feel uncomfortable being in the same room with a half- guy. It's not like we're in a swimming pool or at the beach.  It’s just awkward. Anyways, I put his tank top in the washing machine with some uniforms and dishtowels, killing two birds with one stone (finishing my chores and cleaning his shirt without me squeezing out the blood, bleh.)  I also decided to make a tea so I can stay awake; I'm not trusting enough to be caught off guard with a stranger... But... He can't be that bad right? I mean, it’s not like he asked me for help.

 

                He quickly tries to stumble past me, looking down, until he falls to the floor. I help him back up; grabbing his arm

“Should I call for an ambulance?” I ask. He just looks at me with wide eyes, and nods no. He shakes off my grasp and tries to stumble on, only to almost fall again. He would've if I didn't catch him; I tug him to go towards the cafe. He just looks at me, probably wondering if he should trust me, but I try to pull him along anyways. He finally doesn’t resist and I lead him into the café. I walk him to the couch,

“Sit here and don’t move” I say, before rushing out to rinse out the sidewalk. People are probably trying to find him now...

 

 

                I had to change and reapply his bandages at least three times, he just keeps on bleeding. I keep on reapplying polysporin, hoping it will help, I mean, that stuff is really strong.

               

I know this is weird, but I just sat on the floor resting my head on the nearby single couch, looking at him. (I was curious as to who I exactly helped) He doesn’t look like a bad guy, and I'm not being biased! He looks so... Innocent? Well, at he does now, in his sleep. When I first approached him, he didn't look scary at all, he looked almost like... A young kid, judging whether or not I was actually going to help him (you know, that glare/disbelief look? Sort of like that) I wonder what his name is...

 

And I fell asleep. So much for that tea.