Beautiful Nightmare (Jungkook, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Request: When you have a bad dream and Jungkook comforts you. 

You woke up with a start, your eyes wide and your heart beating wildly in your chest; breathing heavily as sweat beaded down your forehead. 


Flash 

Black...

Flash

Flowers...

Flash

A tear fell from your eyes as the memory of the dream flashed before your eyes, haunting you. 

Flashback
You remembered it was dark, the house in front of you the only one alight; a haunting yellowish glow from a distance. You didn't know how, but you were suddenly at its doorstep and the moment you came in, you were welcomed by the sight of people in black, walking like a automatons; blank and unreceptive to your calls. The smell of fresh flowers consumed you and the sound of quiet murmurs entered your ears, though remained incomprehensible.

"Excuse me--" you held onto a young man's shoulder and gasped when he turned; recognition dawning on you. Jin, one of your boyfriend's friends and band mate, stood there wearing a black coat over a white shirt. He looked at you with dull, sad eyes and you bit your lip, feeling utterly confused. "Jin? Wh-what's going on?"

Jin gave you a pitiful gaze, his shoulders slacking as his head moved to his right. You followed his gaze and saw a long narrow box in the middle of the room, sitting comfortably in between two candelabrums. 

Your heart started beating dangerously fast in your chest at the sight and as you walked towards it, you felt your throat gone dry. You weren't stupid not to know what it is. It was obvious that the box was a coffin and that you were at somebody's funeral. 

The question was... Whose funeral? 

Cries and murmurs filled your ears, building into a crescendo as you walked down the aisle towards it, wanting to find out who had passed away. The moment you reached it and caught sight of the corpse, your face contorted into an expression of pure horror and disbelief. You staggered back, gasping and shaking your head as you recalled the image you just saw--

It was impossible for you to be mistaken. That was indeed your boyfriend--Jungkook's lifeless form in the coffin.

No...you heaved, just as a guttural scream escaped your lips. 

End of Flashback

You gasped when you heard a sudden beeping. Turning towards your left, you were relieved to find out that it was only your clock, blinking 1 a.m. 

Flash

Black...

Flash

Candles...

Flash

You buried your face in your hands, feeling tears threatening to spill out of your eyes; which they eventually did. You sobbed as the memory haunted you: walking into the house, seeing Jin's pitiful gaze, the candles between the coffin...

The coffin, you thought. Jungkook.

Your head snapped up at the thought of your boyfriend's name, your hand reaching out to your right where he usually slept. Your eyes widened when you found your hand reaching for nothing but cold sheets. Glancing to your right, you gasped when you found the other side of the bed still empty. 

"J-Jungkok?" You stuttered, your hands searching the bed, unbelieving that he wasn't there. 

"Jungkook?!" You called out, jumping out of bed to look for him. Your eyes searched frantically from side to side the moment you went out the door; searching even though your vision was blurring with tears.

"Jungkook!" You called out again, a little more frantically. The only sound you could hear was your heavy breathing which was so loud it almost deafened you, and the sound of your bare feet slapping across the tile flooring. You entered the kitchen, but found it empty.

"No." You muttered as you went into the dining room, which was evidently empty as well. A sob hiccuped out of you and you kept thinking to yourself: He's not dead. He couldn't be.

But why is he not here?, a haunting though consumed you, chilling you to the bones as you made your way into the living room. Your heart sank when you found it empty as well and you placed a hand over your mouth to suppress the sobs that came out of you.

He can't be gone, you thought. He can't!

You turned around, with the intention of looking for him once more, only to bump into something hard; practically walking straight into someone's arms. 

"Y/N?!" A familiar voice called. Your head shot up and you gasped inwardly when you saw Jungkook looking down at you; concern and worry filling his beautiful eyes the moment he saw your state. "Hey--"

"I--" you stuttered, but before you could even get two syllables out, you were already crying.

Jungkook's eyes widened at the sight of you and immediately enveloped you in his embrace. "Hey... What's wrong?"

That only made you cry harder and as you wrapped your arms around his neck, Jungkook tightened his hold on you, swaying slightly to calm you down. "Shhh.. It's okay--"

"I woke up and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter