Nightmare Before Christmas (EXO, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tbh, I had a hard time thinking about how to go about this since how can I make you ALL RELATED? XD But I finally got it! keke~ This was requested on Tumblr

Enjoy being EXO’s sister~ ;)

 

PS: this fic has a special participation by a BTS Member... ;)

“Yah!!! What are you doing in my room?!"


Christmas was the time of year you both dreaded and looked forward too. The latter, because of the presents, Christmas break, and the good food your brother Kyungsoo prepares for Christmas Eve dinner. To some, they find Christmas to be such a hassle since a lot of preparations had to be made: like shopping for gifts, setting up decorations, and even sending out invitations to annual holiday parties…

But none of those things could match the reason why you dreaded this holiday season so much.

“Oppa! Get out of my bed! You know I hate it when people sit on my bed!” you whined as you hit your brother Baekhyun with a pillow over and over again.

Baekhyun only chuckled as he took the pillow from your hands, giving you a mischivious grin. “Yah, Y/N? Is that how you treat your oppa after almost six months of not seeing each other?” he mocked a hurt expression. “Didn’t you miss me at all?”

“No.” you scoffed before grabbing the pillow again to hit him. “Now get off my bed!”

Baekhyun chuckled as he stood. “Glad to know some things don’t change." He grinned as he ruffled your hair. "I missed you too, little sister.”

“Aish!” you glared at him as he left your room yelling, “Are they home yet?!”

“They just left!” a voice answered which you recognized as your brother Jongin’s. “It’s not like they could teleport!”

Burying your face in your pillow, you drowned out the screams that threatened to burst out of your chest; mentally preparing yourself for what's about to come:

The invasion of your older brothers. You're very own version of the Nightmare before Christmas. 


~~~

Being a girl is tough. Being an only girl in the family is even tougher. 
But being an only girl and growing up with twelve older brothers takes you on a whole different level of toughness. Just imagine what you had to endure: their loudness, their rowdiness, and even their ability to make the bathrooms messy no matter the circumstance. 

Since your parents passed away when you were thirteen, you had lived under the care of your brothers. It was hard at first, but all of you were able to handle it and move on. As of the moment, you only lived with four of your brothers: Minseok, the eldest who had become your father figure, Kyungsoo who is currently on his last year at Seoul University, and Jongin and Sehun who are freshmen at the local performing arts university. 

You're other brothers had already gone off to their respective colleges or are working abroad. They were scattered all over and though it was nice to not have the house crowded, you missed them. You were used to having so many people in the house and as the years passed, each of them going off one by one, it scared the hell out of you. Being left by your parents was one thing and had definitely scarred you, but to have your brothers eventually leave you too… you wondered if you would be able to take it.

Though that’s one fact you never admitted to them. As far as they know, their presence was an irrevocable annoyance in your life.

 

“Y/N-ah?” You suddenly heard a call from your door just as you finished braiding your hair. As you tied the last knot you called back,“Come in!”

The door opened, revealing your brother Junmyeon. Out of all them, Junmyeon was one of your favorite oppa’s since he was part of the sane ones; meaning he was the type of brother who actually acts like a big brother towards you. “Breakfast is ready. Why don’t come down and we’ll eat all together?”

You nodded as you grabbed your notebook from the desk, placed it inside your bag, before following him out.

The house was quite clamorous compared to the usual where it was so quiet that you swore you could hear the clocks ticking. You lived in the suburban part of the city in a nice neighborhood and a stately home. The house was a two story structure, and had a pretty modern look with huge glass windows, granite flooring and a nice patio out back as well as a huge balcony on the second floor where the pool was situated. There were a total of eight bedrooms, not including the study room (which was also the library), the game room, and music room. If there was one room you loved most in the house, it was the music room, and you were pretty sure that your brothers would agree on the same thing, considering that love for music was something you all had in common. 

The moment you reached downstairs, you sighed, finding several boys scattered all over the place; doing god knows what.

It’s been a tradition that every Christmas holiday, you would all come together to celebrate. That gives you two weeks of family bonding time with your brothers, and those two weeks were usually filled with fun--and at the same time horrific experiences. Everything you guys did ended up with you being sick, embarrassed, or both. 

They had started coming in two days ago, with Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Jongdae being the first to arrive. They were currently junior college students at a university abroad, all of them taking up a music program. Even though it was only the three of them, the house felt like it was falling apart with them running around like halfwits released from their cages, with Jongdae pulling harmless-and-not-so-harmless pranks, Baekhyun randomly bursting into song and dance, and Chanyeol immediately setting up his stereo and putting the volume up on high as he plays the tracks he’s been working on at school.

The following day, four of your other brothers came in. Luhan, Yixing, and Tao arrived late morning from China where they were currently studying. Luhan and Tao were scholar athletes at their universities. Luhan plays soccer while Tao does Martial Arts. Meanwhile, Yixing was another music major and is currently studying to become a producer. Compared to the other three, they were less rowdy. In fact, you related much with Luhan because out of all of them, the two of you had the most similar personalities and common likes and dislikes. Jongdae often commented on how oddly similar the two of you were; it was like looking at a girl and guy version of the same DNA.

“You even look the same!” Jongdae exclaimed.

“We’re siblings.” You rolled your eyes. “And yah~ we are too—“ 

“Yeah but the two of you definitely got mom’s eyes and well—practically everything! You’re like photocopies.”

“Are you saying I look like a guy?!”

Jongdae glanced at Luhan with a smirk, hooking his thumb over to him. “No, I’m saying he looks like a girl.”

“You better run, pal.” Luhan glared as he stood up to strangle him but Jongdae was fast enough to move away.

Junmyeon came in later that night from New York where he works as a head editor in a publishing company. Out of all the siblings, he was the most successful and has the biggest part in providing for the family. In fact, he has the biggest part in providing finances for their studies and other expenses. 

“Good morning sister!” Chanyeol hollered as you descended the stairs.

 

“Hi, Y/N!”

 

“Hey!”

 

“Waddup, kiddo!

 

“You still have school?!”

 

You winced, not used to hearing so much noise so early in the morning. “Guys,” you held up your hands. “Do you really have to shout?”

"Are we shouting?" Baekhyun raised his voice and you glared at him in response.

“When did you become like Yixing hyung?” Jongin commented, coming from behind you; his hair disheveled and his polo not fully buttoned. You rolled your eyes at him as you pointed at his shirt. He shrugged and buttoned it up. 

“What?” Yixing asked, looking like he just woken up from a dream as he sat there on the couch, immersed with his guitar.

“They think you’re high.” Baekhyun snickered. 

“Baekhyun.” Junmyeon scolded and Baekhyun in turn made a peace sign, grinning. “I was kidding.”

You snorted as you made your way into the dining room, finding an unexpected occupant sitting at the table, checking his phone over a cup of coffee. “Kris oppa?”

Kris looked up form his phone giving you a small smile and a nod. “Hey.”

“When did you come in?” You asked as you approached him, draping your arm across his shoulders for a half-hug. Kris smiled at your gesture of affection and pinched your chin. “Just now. Early flight.”

Kris stayed in Canada where he was working as model slash actor. He wasn't that famous yet and most of his films were under the mainstream line, but he was getting there. “A little too early.” You chuckled and he rolled his eyes returning to his phone. “Have you eaten?” he asked.

“Do I look like I’ve eaten?”

 

“You look like you’ve been eating a lot—“

 

“Hey!” you punched his arm and he grinned that gum smile of his, making you smile eventually. “Meanie.”

 

“Aww. I missed you too, Y/N.”

 

“I wanna sit next to Y/N!” someone yelled from the hall, which you recognized as Tao’s voice. Before you knew it, everyone had bounded into the dining room, taking their respective seats.

 

“Your seat is beside, Y/N’s.” Luhan muttered, giving you a small smile as your eyes met. “Morning.”

 

“Morning.” You said as Kyungsoo serves you a bowl of cereal. You smiled up at him. “Thanks. Morning oppa.”

 

“Are you sure you don’t want some real food?” he asked just as Minseok placed a plate of eggs and bacon on the table, which the boys immediately attacked.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter