False Hope & Bittersweet Endings (V, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung had always thought of love as something precious and magical. He believed at loved at first sight, at love conquers all, and all those other greasy stuff people write about in romance novels. He told himself that if he was ever to fall in love, it would be the first and last time. She would be the one he'll spend the rest of his life with. 

So when he met you, a girl with the most beautiful eyes and most radiant smile he had ever seen, he was head over heels and knew right away that you were the one. 

But there was just one problem...

Taehyung never thought of the possibility that his supposed true love just might not feel the same way; which was exactly what happened with you. 
 


You had met Taehyung in high school when he transferred at your school. The girls all thought he was quite a looker with a cute smile, angular features, and a pair of deep brown eyes that could make anymore melt with its stare. Being in a small town with not much to fuss about, the students found the new kid to be a hot topic, making Taehyung an instant celebrity. 

Since you were class president, you were assigned to be Taehyung's personal buddy until he gets accustomed to the ways of the school. Taehyung could still recall the first thing you ever said to him...

Correction: not a word...but a giggle. 

"What's so funny?" Taehyung asked, confused at why you just laughed after he introduced himself; but mesmerized at the sight of you smiling. Pretty, he thought. 

"Sorry." You cleared your throat. "No, Taehyung-shi please don't misunderstand, I'm not making fun of you. It's just that I wasn't expecting to hear such a deep voice coming out of you."

"Oh." Taehyung laughed shyly. "Yeah, I get that a lot."

"It just doesn't match with your face--" your eyes widened. "Well not that there's anything wrong with it, I mean it suits you and I think you sound great--"

Taehyung chuckled, "Are you always this perky?"

You shut your mouth and blushed, embarrassed. "Sorr--"

"No." He stopped you. "I like it."

And with that you were well on your way to becoming Kim Taehyung's best friend. 

But you never knew that Taehyung felt more for you and that he wanted you to be more that just a friend. Taehyung was clingy, playfully funny, and sweet towards you; which were just a few things you loved about him. He was very caring, loyal, and did anything for you, but you've always thought that it was just him being himself...when in truth, Taehyung only did those things because he liked you... A lot. Unfortunately, you were to dense to even notice it. 

Taehyung tried to make his feelings known, dropping hints here in there, but never had the courage to confess; afraid that it might end up ruining your friendship. It was only towards the end of junior year when he realized that that was his biggest mistake. 

You fell in love with a guy named Lee Daehyun, the star athlete of the school whom you were assigned to tutor for a few months. He was handsome and had the reputation of being quite the ladies man. But you didn't care. You knew deep down he was sweet and caring, and you couldn't help but fall for him. 

Taehyung saw this and knew he had to confess soon. But every time he tried, he failed because you couldn't shut up about how you felt about Daehyun. One day he was just about to confess to you, even buying a red rose and preparing how he was going to tell you; but when he saw you're smiling face as you left your class with Daehyun right beside you, he lost it and changed his mind at the last minute.

"He's amazing, Tae." You said dreamily as the two of you were walking home together. Taehyung's shoulders were slumped as he walked, trying to drown out your love confessions for Lee Daehyun. "He told me I was beautiful today..."

You're always beautiful, Taehyung thought. "Hmm."

"And can you believe it? Me and him? Can you just see it?!" You chirped. "Do you think we'll look good together?" 

"No." he said.

"What?" Taehyung's eyes widened when he realized he just said that out loud. He cleared his throat, "Uh... I mean, yeah. You're perfect for each other." 

"Hey...?" You said as you tugged at his arm. "You seem kind of off today. Is everything okay?"

Everything's not okay. You're with him when you should be with me. I love you, Y/N... Why can't you see that?! "I'm just tired, I guess." He lied.

You shrugged as you continued to walk. When you finally arrived at your house you smiled up at him, "Thanks for the rose by the way." You poked his nose with the flower earning a small smile from him. "You're always so thoughtful, Tae Tae." 

Taehyung shrugged, his mood lifting as he saw you smile, even if he knew he was only part of the reason for it. "It's nothing."

You shook your head, "No it's not. You've always been there for me, Tae. And I never really got to thank you for everything." You stepped closer and gave him a hug. "You're a good friend, Kim Taehyung." 

Taehyung sighed as he wrapped his arms around you; frowning as your words echoed in his head: A good friend. 

~~
After a month, you and Daehyun became a couple. Taehyung tried to be happy for you and tried his best to hide how hurt he was at seeing you together. He spent less time with you, even avoided you when you were together with him. This went on for a few months until things started going downhill. 

Daehyun had the tendency to be a playboy and you had endured through it throughout your relationship, constantly forgiving him when he apologized and hoping that he would change his ways. You cried often and it was Taehyung whom you ran to and comforted you. Taehyung, being the good friend that he was, didn't complain and kept his mouth shut as he offered his shoulder for you to cry on. That was how much he loved you. 

One Saturday afternoon, you had caught Daehyun making out with a girl from your History class and that was when you broke. Taehyung who was busily mixing some tunes on his laptop when you burst into his living room. One look at you and he knew; his blood boiled as he saw your tear-filled eyes and he closed his hands into fists. He had enough of that jerk treating you this way and he wanted to give him a piece of his mind--or his fist. "Where is he?" He said darkly as he stood up and headed for the door. You grabbed his arm, "It's not worth it, Tae. Just let him--"

Taehyung looked at you with a bewildered expression. "Not worth it?!" He yelled, making you flinch. "You're worth it! Dammit! I'm not going to sit here and let him treat you this way, Y/N. I had enough."

"He's just like that, Tae--"

"Why do you keep defending him?!" He said, annoyed. "Why, Y/N? Don't you see what he's doing to you? He's not even serious about you so why do you care?!" 

You were slightly surprised at his outburst. He had never told you his true feelings about your relationship w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter