After All (Jungkook, OC) Part 3

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Sometimes, life takes you to highly awkward and complicated situations, prodding you to make difficult decisions.


And when you do make those decisions, most of time you wonder, Why the hell did I do this?!


And that’s exactly what Jungkook felt as he was driving to the prenup shoot venue with Jimin in the passenger seat. 


"I think I forgot back up batteries." Jimin said as he searched his bag. 


"I brought an extra," Jungkook answered nonchalantly, his eyes focused on the road. "Plus there are chargers in the van."


Jimin turned his head, seeing the white van following them, which was being driven by the crew. "Why are you doing this again?" Jimin asked with a smirk when he looked back at him.


"It's my job."


"You know that's not what I meant."


Jungkook bit his lip then sighed, "Look it's been seven years—“


"Seven long years—“


"Yah." He frowned. "Do you want to get kicked out of the car?"


"And have you do this alone?!" Jimin smirked. "Please, you need me."


"Says who?" Just then his phone vibrated on the dashboard and when he looked at the screen, a smile crept to his face. He was just about to reach out and answer it when Jimin beat him to it, wagging a finger at him, before swiping the screen to answer. "Baby!" Jimin cooed, and Jungkook twisted his face in disgust.


"Park Jimin." She answered. "I don't recall you having the same number as Jungkook." 
"We're really close—hey!" Jungkook had reached out and grab his phone, placing it on his ear, one hand in the steering wheel as he glared at his hyung. "Hey, sorry about that."


"It's okay. "


Jungkook smiled, "How are you? Sorry I wasn't able to come by this morning. The shoot's pretty early."


Jungkook heard her sigh across the line, "Did you have breakfast?"


"I'll eat there."


"Okay."


"Hey," he said, hearing the worry in her tone. "Ririn—“


"I'm just worried about you, Kookie." She blurted. "Are you sure you want to do this?"


"I'll be fine." 


"Okay," she sighed. "I hope you believe that." 


"Yeah yeah." He chuckled, though he was wondering if he really did believe that himself. "Love you."


"Love you too." She answered before hanging up and placing his phone back on the dashboard.


"You're one golden boy, aren't you?" Jimin glared, playfully. "They just fall at your feet! And she's older than you!"


"So?"


"So!" Jimin huffed. "It's not fair that you get all the pretty girls!"


"It's not my fault." Jungkook smirked, though he meant it jokingly. "What about Hana?"


"Oh please," he scoffed. "She's under your spell too. The girl looks at you like some god fallen from heaven."


Jungkook chuckled at his hyung, as he gripped both hands on the steering wheel, thinking with a sigh,

Every girl but one.

 


~~~
He & She


That was the theme for today's shoot. Sera had laughed at first at the cliché title, but knew better than to argue with Kathy. She was after all "the best" and arguing with her would be meaningless since she could practically deflect any argument that's thrown at her. 


They arrived at the venue, which was a small country house in the north, early Friday morning. Hoseok was so excited that he was practically bouncing on his seat when he saw the country house. It was a two-story structure, complete with a balcony and a patio out back, overlooking the lake. Sera stood at its base, mesmerized by its beauty and thought how wonderful it would be to live in a place like this: quiet, peaceful and away from the hustle and bustle of the cities. 


Strong arms suddenly wrapped around her waist and she shivered as Hoseok leaned in to whisper, "What do you say about living here?"


"I would love a country house." She said. 


"Your wish is my command." He grinned as he kissed her cheek, earning a light chuckle from Sera.


"Where's our photographer?" Kathy called as she got out of her car. She was wearing a fuchsia skirt, topped with a beige flimsy blouse. Sera always found her style to be very classy and she wished she dressed more like her. More colorful…lively.


Just then, a red Chevy SUV drove into the compound followed by a white van, which had the J.J studios logo on its side doors. 

"Hot ride." Kathy said as her eyes followed the red car parking by the driveway. The passenger side door opened, revealing Jimin in a loose black shirt, a cap covering his head and a smile gracing his pale face. He waved at Sera when he saw her and she waved back with a smile. Just then, the driver’s side door opened and out came Jungkook, wearing a long sleeved white sweater; his eyes hooded by black shades, and was currently talking on the phone.

 

“Hot rider.” Kathy whistled as he watched the two men stride towards them. Sera watched them as well, but her eyes kept focusing on Jungkook. “Are they single?”

 

Hoseok chuckled as he slung his arm over Sera’s shoulders, waking her from her trance. “Why don’t you ask them, Kathy?”

 

“Good morning.” Jimin bowed.

 

“A fine morning, indeed.” Kathy said, her eyes bright and flirty as she reached out her hand towards him. “Kathy Williams, wedding coordinator.”

 

“Park Jimin.” He smiled back, shaking her hand. “Resident cutie—“

 

“My assistant.” Jungkook interrupted with a chuckle as he hung up. “Morning.”

 

“Good morning Jungkook-ssi.” Hoseok said as he shook his hand. “Are we all set?”

 

“I’ll have my men set up everything.” He half-turned and motioned his crew inside the house.

 

“Great!” Hoseok said as he led the crew inside the house, with Jimin and Kathy in tow. Sera was looking at Jungkook as he gave instructions to his staff. When he finally looked at her, she blushed, embarrassed for being caught staring.

 

“Good morning, Sera.” He said, a hint of a smile evident in his voice.

 

“Morning.” She cleared .

 

“What were you staring at?”

 

“I wasn’t staring.” She protested. “I was just—looking…”

 

Jungkook stared at her, a smile creeping to his face. “O—kay.” He said then left; leaving a blushing and embarrassed Sera on the front porch.

 

Dammit.

~~~

The shoot went smoothly and without any complications. Sera had to admit; Jungkook was really good with what he does. He knew their right angles, how to instruct them on positioning, and he definitely knew the technical stuff, considering that Sera listened to him blabber jargons to his crew like a native language throughout half the day.

 

It was a little awkward at first, being all sweet and lovey-dovey with Hoseok, and Jungkook, her first love and ex boyfriend, taking all the shots. But she soon got used to it, considering that he didn't show any signs of incompetence and was completely professional all throughout.

 

Little did she know that Jungkook was struggling inside. Every shot he took felt like a strike in the heart, his insides weakening. Notheless, He kept a straight face on and smiled whenever he's addressed. He was here to shoot and to shoot only. Not to reminisce about the past.

 

Or hope for something that could never happen again.

 

Jungkook was looking through the photos on his laptop, checking for the best shots and the ones that needed to be re-done when he overheard Hoseok saying, "She's always so stubborn. I'm actually surprised she even agreed to do this thing.” He chuckled. “She hates having her pictures taken."

 

Flashback

 

"No!" Sera covered her face as Jungkook chuckled, annoying her more as he angled the camera closer to her face. "Oh come on Sera! Just one. Smile for me, jagi~"

 

"Jungkook." She groaned as she removed her hands.

 

Snap!

 

"Yah!"

 

Jungkook chuckled as he looked at the photograph on the camera’s screen. "These our my favorites: your annoyed face." Sera grabbed his camera, causing him to lean closer since it was hung around his neck. He took the chance to kiss her cheek and lean his head on her shoulder. "I look horrible!"

 

Jungkook scrunched his eyebrows, "What are you talking about?! You look pretty—“

 

"It's a freakin' mugshot!"

 

"Pretty funny." Jungkook grinned and Sera slapped his arm. "Delete it."

 

"No!"

 

Sera pouted and Jungkook rolled his eyes, "As if that works on me."

"Yah~ please?"

 

"I might reconsider if..." He looked at her slyly.

 

"If what?"

 

Jungkook puckered his lips and motioned for her to come closer. "I'll do it for a kiss."

 

A smile threatened to show on Sera’s lips. "Promise?"

 

"Mm." He hummed as he closed his eyes. Soon enough, he felt her lips against his and he smiled into the kiss, pressing closer. When they parted Jungkook stared at her and she stared back; almost as if they were seeing each other for the first time. "Will you delete it now?" She murmured.

 

Jungkook sighed and gave her a smile. "No."

 

"Yah!"

 

End of Flashback

 

“Yah! Jungkook?” Jungkook snapped from his sense when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked up and was surprised to see Sera standing there, giving him a concerned gaze. “Are you okay?”

 

He released a breath and ran a hand over his face, “Fine.”

 

“Are you sure?” she asked, placing a hand between his shoulder blades, which was quite tensed. She rubbed his back, the way she always does when he was stressed when they were still together—

 

Jungkook suddenly stood up as if he was electrocuted, distancing himself from her. Sera stood still, looking at him with wide eyes. “I—“

 

“Sorry.” Jungkook said, his heart pounding in his chest. “I—I’m…” he swallowed. “Please don’t.“

 

Sera looked at her hand and realized what she has done. She turned her hands into fists and placed it behind her back. “I’m sorry, I—I shouldn’t—“

 

“It’s fine.” He said. “Do you need anything?” Jungkook still looked a little shaken up and Sera felt guilty for it. I shouldn’t have touched him like that. “Nothing, really… I just—wanted to—I just wanted to talk to you.”

 

Jungkook looked at her as he bit his lip. Now you want to talk to me?, he thought bitterly. “What’s up?”

 

“Not…much?”

 

“There, we talked.” He said and returned to his laptop. “Aren’t you supposed to be with Hoseok-ssi?”

 

Sera was a little hurt by his harsh attitude. She couldn’t understand what’s up with the sudden shift in his mood. “Jungkook—“

 

“Sera! There you are, I’ve been looking for—oh wow! We came out really well!” Hoseok said happily as he saw the pictures on the screen. Sera switched her gaze to it and saw it to be true; the shots were beautiful.

 

“You did.” Jungkook said, cooly.

 

“You did well, Jungkook-ssi. Thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome.” He smiled as he stood up. “Excuse me, I need to speak with my crew. Feel free to browse through the pictures.”

 

Jungkook left without another word and Sera watched him go. worriedly. Why is he acting so cold all of a sudden? Was it because I—

 

“Sera, look at you! You look gorgeous, honey!”

 

Sera smiled and sighed, placing her arm on Hoseok’s shoulders as he browsed through the pictures with a huge grin on his face.  “Thanks. Not pretty bad yourself.”

 

“You think so?”

 

“I know so.” She said before kissing his head and leaning on to him as they look through all of the shots.

 

Unknown to them was Jungkook, standing by one of the white screens, watching them with sad eyes.


~~~

 

The shoot lasted for three days and Sera felt both happy and upset at how she handled Jeon Jungkook. Happy because they were starting to talk again; having passed the awkward one-word sentence phase to a more conversational level of communication; Upset because she couldn’t understand the slight flutter in her chest or the butterflies in her stomach whenever he talked to her or looked at her. She couldn’t help feeling nervous when he was near or a little giddy when she’s about to see him.

 

Jungkook was doing god knows what to her and all she wanted was for it to stop.

 

She was getting married in a few days and this just wasn’t right.

 

Right?

 

~~~

 

Two days later, approximately four days before the wedding, Sera was on her way to her dress fitting. She was going alone since Hoseok had to handle some business with some clients; plus he couldn’t exactly go with her and see the dress. It’s not that she was superstitious; she just doesn’t want to ruin the surprise.

 

She was a little annoyed that he decided to push through with the meeting when he was supposed to be focused on their wedding preparations. Sera didn’t say anything, though, because she didn’t want to seem like such a hypocrite since she herself was emailing clients a few nights ago.

 

“Are you sure you don’t need me to call someone to take you there?” he asked as he wore his jacket.

 

“I’ll be fine. I can handle going there on my own.”

 

“Are you sure you’re not mad?” he asked for the nth time that morning. She sighed, chuckling to herself. “I’m not mad, honey. Really.” She stood up from her chair and fixed his hair, which was sticking up on one side. “Now get going or you’ll be late.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter