Just Royal Sweethearts (Rap Monster, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A little something for our favorite monster who’s celebrating his birthday today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM NAMJOON! <3 This fic follows my kingdom au, “His Highness and I”  Enjoy!

Sunlight peeked through the slits of the closed-off curtains, causing my right eye to twitch as a small fraction of light hit my face.

I sighed, thinking that it was most probably morning and another day of princess lessons and royal duties must commence.

I sighed so heavily at the thought, I almost lost breath.

It's been two years; two years since I became a princess. People often said I was living a fairy-tale—the “Happily Ever After" which a lot of people desired for. It wasn't entirely false. Yes, I did get the title; Yes, I did get to live in a huge palace and wear beautiful dresses; and yes, I now had people at my beck and call...

But it wasn't all rainbows and butterflies. Being a princess was more than just looking the part in glorious ball gowns and shiny tiaras…

It was also about learning the culture of a place you didn't even know existed till now. It was about memorizing laws, knowing important names, attending lessons and lunches with snobby women...

It may sound a little off-putting and hearing this from me might have shattered all your princess dreams, but it’s the truth. 

And that was exactly what made it all so great. It took a while for me to see it—to get used to the life of being a royal. At first I was just overwhelmed by it all as I was practically shoved into this role. I had to become a princess overnight and I shouldered a lot of pressure then, wanting to become worthy… wanting to make everyone proud. I didn’t even see myself as a person of great importance, let alone someone worthy to be a queen…

But as I got used to my schedules, lessons and lunches becoming part of a routine, I have begun to enjoy it. Most of all, I have begun to see its purpose—I’ve begun to realize my role.

Being a princess for me was mostly about being the face of hope to your people. I never thought I could be somebody until now when I started leading charitable projects throughout the kingdom. I thought my teaching days were over when I moved here but they allowed me to support my advocacy and I had been visiting schools and helping children become the wonderful persons they were meant to be ever since.

Being a princess gave me a purpose and that was probably the best part...

Well… not really.

I smiled at the thought, thinking the best part about this whole thing was neither the dresses nor crowns, nor the grand balls and charitable events I got to attend...

It was in fact being married to the love of my life: Kim Namjoon. My husband, who was not only that nerdy— most of the time clumsy guy I met back in college, but also the newly-crowned king of this beautiful and radiant kingdom.

I had always known Namjoon was special and though discovering the fact that he was an actual prince came as a shock… I wouldn’t have thought of a better role for him. He was smart, brave, and passionate. He ruled with stern conviction

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter