Against All Odds (Baekhyun, OC) Part 2

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rated for language and violence (well, it's pretty mild, but still...just a heads-up!)

 

I have him, she thought. He loves me and I love him. That's enough. I'm happy. 

Hyorin never thought her happiness could hurt so much. She tried her best to forget about the haters, the sasaengs; but it was hard when their attacks had gotten more serious and more difficult to deflect.

Hyorin started receiving death threats which kept her up at night; she had somewhat become an outcast in her university when some of the fans who were students there (and there were plenty considering she studies at an all-girls school) realized who she was; she was sabotaged by some of the students and was pulled pranks on often. Some even went far as to hurting her physically. 

It all started with the girl from her English class who openly slapped her across the face in the middle of the classroom. 

"You !" She spat. "How dare you even touch our oppa!" 

Hyorin held her cheek, which stung from the slap. She glared at the girl, "Your oppa? He's not something to be owned!" The girl gasped at her retort and advanced towards her, claws out and all. Hyorin got involved in a fight and a teacher had to step in and stop it. They were both sent to the Dean's office and were both suspended for the rest of the day. Hyorin tried to reason out with the dean but they had made their decision. Hyorin couldn't believe that she had a record... She never had a record before. 

As the two of them were dismissed, all Hyorin wanted to do was curl up in bed and cry; not to mention get the scratch fixed on her face. But before she could leave, Lina, the girl who slapped her, grabbed her forcefully by the arm and whispered menacingly, "This is not over, Min Hyorin." She pointed at the scratch beneath her left eye and snickered, "That's just a taste of what we can do to you if you don't stay away from him." 

Hyorin only glared at her. Go ahead, her brave self wanted to say. Bring it on, I can take it. But she was speechless, showing that she was actually afraid of what could happen to her. 

"Watch your back." Lina warned before shoving her hard, leaving Hyorin wincing on the ground. 

~~~
Hyorin came home that day, feeling miserable. She was this close to letting all her tears and frustration out. When she entered the apartment, she closed the door and leaned against it, sliding to the floor. 

"Jagiya? Is that you?" A voice called and Hyorin looked up with a start. She knew that voice anywhere.

She immediately stood from the ground and fixed her uniform. She ran her hand over her face and winced. Shoot, she still has that scratch. She was still thinking of an excuse when Baekhyun appeared from the kitchen, smiling like it was Christmas morning. "Jagiya!!!" He cheered as he ran towards Hyorin, enveloping her in a hug and lifting her off the floor. "I've missed you!" He said as he let her down and peppered her face with kisses.

 

"I missed you too, Baek." She giggled. 


Baekhyun cupped her cheeks but his smile faltered when he saw the scratch beneath her left eye. "Jagi—what's this?" He ran his thumb against it and Hyorin moved away. "I—I accidentally scratched it." She lied. 

Baekhyun looked unconvinced and Hyorin worriedly wondered if he bought her excuse. To her relief, he did, "Aish, Jagi. You should be more careful. Do I have to cut your nails for you too?" He chuckled as he brought her to the bedroom to get the wound treated.

They were sitting on the bed as Baek tried to put some ointment on the scratch. "Ow.."she whined. 

"Well you need to be careful next time, Hyorin." He sighed. "How one earth did you scratch yourself?"

Hyorin just shrugged, "What are you doing here?" She asked trying to get off topic. 

Baekhyun smiled; the smile she had missed so much. "What? I can't visit my girlfriend?" 

She shoved him lightly, "I've missed you Byun Bunny." 

Baekhyun placed a Band-Aid over the wound and kissed it before putting back the first aid kit on the bedside table. After that, he faced her with a grin. "I missed you more." He leaned in and gave her a kiss. 

~~~
Baekhyun was staying at her apartment for a couple of days, which made Hyorin both happy and afraid. Happy, because she gets to spend time with him; afraid because she knew the saesangs were lurking and who knows what they'll do when they find out he was staying here?
 

Hyorin went to school the next day, wishing she had gave in to Baekhyun's pleas of staying home with him, the moment she had stepped into the campus.

Everybody gave her dirty looks and Hyorin felt as they openly stared at her, snickering. The moment she stepped into the classroom, she discovered why. Written on the blackboard was her name, along with other vulgar and hurtful words and insults. The girls laughed at her as she tried to erase the writings on the board. When she finally did, she sat down on her seat and tried to ignore everything around her, keeping her tears at bay. She wasn't going to show weakness. No, she thought. No tears. 


By the end of her last class, Hyorin was putting her books into her locker when a hand grabbed her bla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter