Forget Me Not (Lay, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Y/N?" Yixing called as he moved about the bedroom, busily packing and fixing his things. "Have you seen my earphones?"

Yixing had been moving about your apartment, taking all the things he would be needing for the trip for the past hour. EXO would be leaving for their world tour and you couldn't be any happier for them. You were proud at how well the group was doing, especially how your boyfriend of one year, Zhang Yixing, had become more and more amazing at what he does. 


Yixing had relayed to you all the things they would be doing on the tour: the songs they will perform, the amazing new choreographies, as well as all the places they would be visiting. You listened attentively, smiling and nodding at the right moments, trying to match his excitement. But deep down, you were mostly dreading the time you would be spending apart; which would be about three whole months. Three months without him; just you and an empty apartment. 

Not that you weren't used to it. Yixing usually stays at EXO's dorm but he visits you on the weekends and stays over on his free days. It's just that this was the longest time you will be spending apart and it scared the hell out of you; knowing how much things could change at that amount of time and although you trusted him, you weren't quite sure how long the two of you could take being apart all the time.

"Y/N?" You jumped at the sound of your name and you almost dropped the spoon into the bowl of soup you were cooking, if it weren't for Yixing grabbing it at the last second. He gave you a concerned gaze as he switched off the stove and pulled you backwards. "Are you okay?"

You blinked and realized that you had been spacing out while cooking which was very dangerous and you mentally scolded yourself for it. You gave him a weak smile, "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" He asked worriedly as he touched your forehead. "Hmm. You seem fine. Are you feeling anything unusual?"

"I'm fine, Yixing. Really." You said as you gently pried his hand away from your forehead. 

Yixing shrugged but deep down he wasn't convinced. "Anyway, have you seen my earphones?" He glanced around the room. "I seem to have misplaced it."

You looked at his coat pocket and spotted a white chord peeking out. You chuckled slightly as you reached out and retrieved his earphones from his pocket. You wiggled it in front of him. "Whoops.” he smiled bashfully at you. “I always forget..."

You smiled at the way he pouted and couldn't help but pinch his cheek, "Seriously Yixing, you need to start keeping track of your things."

"I know, I know." He sighed and then looked at you; his gaze scanning you flirtatiously. "But I always have you to remind me, right jagi?" He circled his arms around your waist, kissing the side of your head. 

"Yeah yeah." You stuck out your tongue at him, making him chuckle. "Come on, dinner's ready."



You prepared a special dinner for him, with a few of his favorite dishes. The moment he sat down, his eyes widened and he grinned like a little kid who just got his presents a day before Christmas. "What's all this?!"

"I just thought to make something special for you." You smiled. "You know, since you're going away for a while..."

"It's not like I'm not coming back." He chuckled and you thought of the possibility, making you upset. Yixing noticed your frown and poked your cheek, "Jagi~ are you--"

"Just hungry, I guess." You smiled, covering up all the negative thoughts in your head. "Let's dig in!"

Yixing did most of the talking all throughout dinner and you happily listened to him, taking him in as you took mental photographs of him for you to save while he's away. You wanted to remember the twinkle in his eyes when he talked about his dancing, the way his dimple showed when he smiled or laughed, and even the cute way his eyes widened and his mouth turned into an "O" when you say something interesting.

Towards the end of your meal, the oven dinged and you smiled happily as you took out your desserts: Crème Brulee which you’ve recently learned to bake. 

"Jagi~" Yixing grinned as you placed the dessert in front of him. "This is too much! It's not like I'm not coming back."

You don't know that, you thought as you shrugged. "I want to make tonight special—“ You were interrupted when he suddenly pulled you onto his lap and kissed your cheek. "Anything that has something to do with you is special.” he said sincerely as he pecked your lips, sending your heart in a frenzy.  "You don't need to do so much, Y/N."

"I know," you sighed as you gave him a smile. "But I want to. So," you grabbed a spoon and took a piece of the baked treat, "Open up."

Yixing obliged and once he tasted it, his eyes widened. "Y/N...this—this is incredible!" 

"Jinja?" You grinned and Yixing nodded vigorously as he took the spoon from you to feed you. "Oh wow." You said as you tasted your work. "It actually tastes good."

"The best I've tasted." He added as he took another bite. 

"You're just saying that."

Yixing shrugged as he hugged you tighter, "I don't care, everything you do is the best." You laughed at the cute way he clung to you, his eyes closed, smiling with his dimple showing. Somehow, the heaviness in your heart lessened. That's how easily a smile from Zhang Yixing could cheer you up.

~~~

After dinner, you helped Yixing continue his packing. You shook your head as you saw how unfinished he was and how much his things lacked of necessities like medicines and such. You happily took over the packing, while Yixing took care of fixing his clothes. The two of you did so silently; well you did as Yixing continued to tell you things about th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter