Ginger & Cookies (Chen, Jungkook, OC) Part 2

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here’s part 2 our Christmas Holiday scenario! I really enjoyed writing this one~I hope it’s funny enough lol 

Anyway, just wanted to thank everyone for greeting me a happy happy birthday yesterday <3 I really appreciate it and you guys made the day extra special~ I LOVE YOU GUYS A LOT! And hope you enjoy this part! :)

 

 "Jeon Jungkook." 


Ginger stared at Jungkook shamelessly, unable to speak nor move. She still couldn't believe that he was right in front of her right now.


From all the places I could meet him... She lamented in her head. From all the circumstances--


"Um.. Ginger? You have to take his hand and shake it." Jongdae whispered to her and Ginger blinked and looked down to see Jungkook's outstretched hand; realizing that she had been staring at Jungkook like a deer caught in the headlights all this time.


"Sorry." She cleared before taking his hand. "It's nice to meet you, J--Jungkook--ssi."


Jungkook's eyes flashed as he gripped her hand firmly and Ginger thought she would faint at how warm and soft it felt against her own. 


"Jungkook, sweetheart?" A female voice called but before Ginger could burn with jealousy at the term used, Mrs. Kim peeped out the hallway, beckoning for Jungkook. "Can you help me out on something?"


"Sure, mom." Jungkook smiled before turning back to the couple. "Excuse me. I'll talk to you later, hyung." His eyes glanced to Ginger and she wasn't sure if she was imagining it but his eyes lacked the mirth they had when he saw Jongdae just a while ago. "Ginger." He nodded. "Enjoy the night."


Yeah, Ginger thought as she watched him walk away. This is going to be a long night.  

 


Once he was out of sight, Ginger felt herself release a breath she was unconsciously holding. But it sounded more like a sigh of depression which caught Jongdae's attention. 


"You okay?" Jongdae asked, bumping her shoulders slightly.


Ginger looked at him half-dazed before nodding, "Yeah. I'm fine."


Jongdae smirked before hooking her arm to his and pulling her towards the other hallway. "I think I know you, Ginger."


"What are you--"


"I saw the way you ogled at my brother."


"I was not ogling!" She hissed, aghast.


"Please," Jongdae snorted once they were a bit far from anyone's hearing range. "Admit it, you like him."


"I'm supposed to like you." She glared as she pointed at the two of them. "Fake girlfriend, remember?"


"Oh yeah." Jongdae mumbled stupidly.


"Idiot."


"FYI, you looked like an idiot back there."


"WHAT?!" Ginger shrilled the closed when she remembered where she was. "Oh my god. Did I--?" She paused when Jongdae laughing out loud, his head tilted back and teeth showing. 


"Yah!" She slapped his arm. "That was not funny!"


"It was very funny. " Jongdae said as he wiped a year from the corner of his eyes. "Anyway, we're gonna head to dinner and I hope you still remember that you're supposed to be in love with me."


"I'm not in love!!"


"Of course not." Jongdae snorted. "I just happened to imagine those hearts practically shooting from your eyes." 


"Jealous?" Ginger teased to hide her embarrassment. Did I really look that love struck?


"I just want to remind you that you're my girlfriend as of the moment  and it would suspicious--not to mention really stupid if you're with me then can't stop ogling at my little brother."


"I said I wasn't ogling!!!"


"Whatever you say, love." Jongdae patted her cheek before pulling her down the hall and into the dining room. 


"It's showtime." He whispered just as Ginger stepped into the room and caught sight of Jungkook, laughing with his mother. 


Right then, she honestly wished she had the chance to review her script for this goddamn show.


Or backed down, to be quite honest. 


~~~ 

 


Dinner was...somewhat stressful.


As the family gathered in the dining hall, Ginger tried to tackle her problems one by one with as much grace and as less heart drumming as possible. Which was quite a challenge considering that almost all her problems involved a certain little brother... A certain beautiful being named Jeon Jungkook.


Why he used a different last name was unknown to Ginger but she figured she would just ask Jongdae later on.


The first concern was seating arrangements. As planned, she ought to sit next to Jongdae and that went on nicely for the first five seconds when all of a sudden Jungkook was pulling a seat next to her.


Before she could panic, Baekhyun intervened and clapped Jungkook on the shoulder, asking if he could sit next to her.


"I would really like to get to know Chen Chen's new girlfriend."


"Chen Chen?" Ginger whispered to Jongdae who was massaging his forehead in frustration--or maybe annoyance.


"Sure hyung." Jungkook said and Ginger sighed in relief as Baekhyun took the seat beside her.


However, Jungkook's new seat happened to be right across from her which was evidently...worse. Because every time she would look up, there was an 80% chance that Jungkook would be looking right at her too.


Ginger's second concern was trying to ignore how much of an amazing guy Jungkook was and not swooning right there in her seat considering that half the night's conversations revolved around him. She learned that Jungkook returned after almost five years of being away from home (which is probably the reason why he was practically the talk of the evening); living in the US to finish his university studies as a business major. Ginger tried hard not to think of him in a crisp black suit and Italian leather shoes; walking through the office with that attractive sneer--

"Ginger?"


Ginger blinked, snapping from her delusions as Jongdae called her to attention. "Sorry, what?"


"Mom was asking you something."


"Oh! Sorry Mrs.--" she stopped when Mrs. Kim gave her a look, remembering what she told her a while ago. "Jess. What were you asking again?"


"I was asking how you and Jongdae got together." She smiled, holding out her hand towards her husband who instinctively grasped hers. 


"O-oh." She wiped with a napkin, looking at Jongdae slightly. "Well, we were friends since college. Then we worked at the same company right after...so I guess we were headed to that direction already." She half-chuckled.


Everyone was silently staring at her after the very short story and Ginger realized too late how boring that was. She didn't sound like she was in love at all.


"I mean," she cleared he throat and held Jongdae's hand. "Honey was such a sweetheart and just swept me off my feet."


Baekhyun snorted which earned a glare from Jongdae. "How sweet..."


"How did he do it?" Mrs. Kim asked in excitement. "How did he ask you out?" 


"Well he--" Ginger's eyes glanced at Jungkook who was drinking his water, looking quite amused. 


"I sang to her. Wrote her a song." Jongdae interrupted.


"Awww's" filled the room and Ginger was glad they easily bought that story. She smiled at Jongdae thankfully for having her back and leant in to kiss the side of her head affectionately (just like they practiced) which earned more heart eyes from Mrs. Kim. 


"Well no wonder." Mr. Kim said. "Our Jongdae has a wonderful singing voice."


"I might think you're a dork but your dad is right." Chanyeol muttered.


"Would you like steak on your face, Yeol?" Jongdae asked, though he looked half teasing.

“Only if there’s gravy.” Chanyeol remarked which made everyone in the room chuckle, even Ginger who was starting to feel a little less tense. 

"Well, Jongdae will surely sing for us tonight. For our Christmas carols, yeah?" Mr. Kim clapped while everyone agreed and gave encouraging nods. 


"The other boys will sing too!" Mrs. Kim added. "And it's been so long since we've heard our a Jungkookie sing--”


"I haven't had--" Jungkook coughed, visibly reddening. "That much practice, mom. Maybe next--"


"None sense!" Mrs. Kim said. "I just heard you in the shower this afternoon belting out to that Bieber kid."


"Mom!" Jungkook's eyes were as wide as dinner plates and his cheeks were so red, flushing from embarrassment as everyone chuckled in amusement. "Mom, please." 


Ginger giggled in her seat as she wiped with a napkin, thinking how cute Jungkook was when embarrassed and how different he looked from his intimidating aura from when she met him. 


She looked up and gulped, wishing she hadn't because Jungkook was looking right at her with a slight smirk. And Ginger swore she felt electricity jolting through her system at the intensity of his stare.


~~~

 

After dinner, the family gathered to the main hall where the piano was situated and almost immediately, Chanyeol took control and started playing while Baekhyun sang alongside him, their harmonies sounding so beautiful angels would've been envious. 

Ginger felt herself relaxing then, enjoying the party and even singing along to some tunes. Jongdae was by her side all night, keeping close as to make their relationship look real though Ginger doesn't think it was necessary considering that everybody seemed to believe them.


Well maybe there was one person who seemed to be a little wary...


Ginger wasn't sure why b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter