Love is Easy (Jungkook, OC)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This one shot is connected to my previous story "Prince Charming" . It's not necessary that you read it first but do so if you want :P I'm simply giving you guys a heads up that the characters in these scenarios are one and the same (sort of a continaution) :D

 

*WARNING: might be hazardous to a fangirls' heart. HAHA! *peace*

 

OC- Sera

It has been three months since Jungkook and Sera officially became a couple. Three months since Jungkook finally had the courage to confess to his best friend, and three months since Sera had her fairytale come true. People would often think it was so cliche'; two childhood friends falling in love. But to Sera, it was the most surprising thing in the world. She never would have thought that she would ever end up with her first love slash buddy Jeon Jungkook. 

Unlike Jungkook who had only recently realized that he was actually in love with his best friend, Sera had fawned over him ever since they were little and had deliberately kept her feelings. Jungkook never shown any signs of liking her which was why Sera had been cautious about letting him know. But in truth, Jungkook was in love with her. He just didn't know amidst all the time they spent fooling around thus only seeing her as Sera: his best friend. 

~~~
It was almost to the end of the semester and things started heating up at school. Not only were they bombarded with a bunch of academic work, but non curricular activities as well. Sera was part of the homecoming committee and they had been planning for the upcoming ball, while Jungkook was busily preparing for a handball tournament in which he was chosen as the star athlete to represent the whole school. With all the activities, they barely had time to spend with each other and sometimes they even went a day without seeing each other. 

After the examinations, Sera's schedule had loosened and she finally found some time to breathe, not to mention some time to spend with Jungkook. But to her dismay, he was still busy, considering the tournament was two weeks away and he had been training every afternoon after school, which is usually the only time they could be with each other. 

One afternoon, Sera spotted Jungkook by his locker. She smiled as she watched him, realizing how much she missed him. Phone calls and text messages were simply not enough and she longed to hold him. She sneaked up on him from behind and covered his eyes. Jungkook stiffened at the contact but relaxed when he recognized her voice, "Guess who?" 

"Jagi~" he sighed. Sera giggled at the term. She still hasn't gotten used to him calling her that. She let go and let him turn to face her. "Hey." She perked. 

"Hey." Jungkook smiled as he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close. They leaned on the lockers as Sera played with his hair. "I missed you." 

Jungkook sighed sadly, "Yeah, me too."

"You've been working hard..." Jungkook shrugged. Sera was just about to ask him if he wanted to to grab a snack before practice when he was suddenly called by one of his teammates. "Eh Jungkook! Field in ten!"

Jungkook nodded before looking back at Sera with a frown. "I gotta go, Sera."

Sera placed her arms around his neck, "Relax, you got ten minutes." She teased. 

Jungkook sighed, wanting to be with her but knew he had to leave. He pried her hands gently from his neck, "I'm sorry Jagi, but I gotta go." He gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before leaving. Sera frowned as he watched him go. "Bye." She huffed and turned away.

She was halfway to the exit when she heard running footsteps behind her. She was about to turn around when strong hands beat her to it, and before she could even react, soft lips landed on hers. Jungkook pulled her closer, deepening the kiss, and Sera wrapped her arms around him as she kissed him back. When they let go, Jungkook was grinning like a little kid while Sera was breathless and probably looked as red as a tomato. 

"Love you." Jungkook said and pecked her nose before running off to practice. 

Sera shook her head, feeling a giggle bubbling in her chest. It's a good thing the hallway was empty or else she would have to deal with the teasing from her schoolmates.

Pabo, she she thought happily, as she walked home alone, still hyped up from the kiss. 

~~~

A few days passed and Sera began to notice some changes in Jungkook. He was always moody and wouldn't give her the time of the day, reasoning that he was busy with practice. They called each other but it was short and straightforward; they saw each other at school but it was only in the classes they shared. After classes, Sera barely had the time to say hello before he's whipped off to practice by his teammates. Because of this, Sera began to think of things she shouldn't be thinking like what if he was getting bored of her? or he's having second thoughts about the relationship? She knew he was stressed out about the tournament and that he had to stay focused but couldn't he at least make time for her?

Jungkook, on the other hand, was busily prepping himself for the competition to even notice that he was ignoring his girlfriend. This was his biggest one yet and it's important that he does well on it becuase it's going to be his ticket to a good college scholarship. He needed to stay focused and so he did, unconsciously neglecting Sera in the process.  

~~~
Thursday night, Jungkook was feeling a little out of himself. He had two exams in the morning and a couple more short quizzes in the afternoon, which practically drained him. Because of this, he wasn't doing well at practice and his coach even called him to attention twice, scolding him and telling him to get his head in the game. By the middle of their practice, Jungkook was already glaring at the ball every time it didn't hit the spot it should be hitting. After a few more missed goals and scoldings from his coach, Jungkook was officially pissed. 

"Hey Jungkook!" Taehyung, one of his teammates, called from across the field. "Someone's looking for you." 

Jungkook looked over at the bleachers to where he was pointing and saw Sera standing there with a paper bag in hand. He sighed as he nodded at Taehyung and jogged towards her. 

Sera smiled as he approached, but it faltered when she recognized the look on his face. He was in a bad mood and the way he greeted her was a confirmation. "What are you doing here?"

"I--" Sera stuttered. 

"It's late, Sera. And I'm busy. Go home." He said and it almost sounded harsh. 

Sera tried to hold her temper as she knew he was already in a bad mood and she didn't want to make matters worse. "I was just worried so I brought you dinner--"

"Thanks but I'm not hungry." He spat and that's when Sera snapped. "You don't have to be so mean, Jungkook. I was just looking out for you--"

"Well I don't need you to worry about me." He said. "I need you to go home and let me continue with practice." He turned away from her but before he could move away, Sera grabbed his arm. "Hey! You can't just talk to me like that and walk away."

He removed his arm from her grip and glared at her, his mood going downhill, blurring his thoughts. "Watch me." He said as he walked away. "Go home Sera. I don't need you."

Sera gasped as the words left his mouth and she stared at his back until he disappeared into the crowd of players. She didn't know if he meant it or if it was just his anger talking. Nonetheless, it struck her hard and she felt her heart crack a little by his hurtful words: 

I don't need you.

"Fine." She whispered before throwing the paperbag, with the dinner she prepared for him, forcefully on the ground and stomping her away out of the field. 

~~~
The next day, Jungkook woke up to a text. He groaned when he saw who it was and almost didn't bother seeing the message but he still did, thinking it might be important since it was from his coach. 

Jungkook-shi, tournament's been move to next month. You get a free day. Practice will resume its usual schedule for now. 

Jungkook smiled at the text, his mood immediately going to the roof. He got up from bed and the first thing he thought of was to text Sera; realizing how much he missed her. 

Jagi! Good morning~ I'll pick you up in 30?

Jungkook had already dressed up in his uniform and had eaten his breakfast, but there was still no reply from Sera. He started getting worried and decided to call her. To his dismay, it went right into voice mail. 

Jungkook still went to her house although she didn't answer the past ten phone calls. Unfortunately, according to Sera's uncle, Max, Sera had already left for school. 

"She left?"

"Yeah man, just now." Max said and Jungkook thanked him before leaving.

At school, Jungkook immediately went looking for Sera and found her by her locker. She glanced to her right and their eyes met. Jungkook couldn't help but feel happy at the sight of her but his smile disappeared when Sera rolled her eyes at him, closed her locker shut, and walked away. 

"Sera!" He called as he ran to catch up with her. She walked faster, not wanting to speak to him but Jungkook was an athlete and he easily caught up with her. "Hey," he held her arm. "Why are you running away?" He joked. 

"Are you really asking me that?" She spat as she forcefully removed her arm from his grip. 

Jungkook stared at her with a frown, "Okay, what's wrong?" 

Sera let out a sarcastic laugh, "Really Jungkook? Really? You should be asking yourself that." She seethed and turned away. Jungkook held her arm, stopping her once again, "I don't understand--"

Sera tried to get way from him but his grip was too strong, "Let me go, Jungkook." 

"Not until you tell me what's wrong."

Sera smirked, "I'm pretty sure you can figure that out all by yourself, considering you made it pretty clear that you--" she glared at him. "Don't. Need. Me." She hissed and Jungkook's eyes widened. "What--?" Sera raised her eyebrows and he stared into her eyes. Realization dawned on him. "Oh." 

"Yeah," she pulled her arm free. "Oh." She mimicked before walking away, leaving Jungkook standing in the hallway, frozen, when he should've said he was sorry. 
 

~~~
Jungkook tried to catch Sera in between periods but she had purposely avoided him. He couldn't even get close to her in class and every time he tried to catch her eye, Sera always looked away. He bombarded her with calls and texts but they remained unanswered. They had been ignoring each other for about five days now and Jungkook was on the verge of desperation. He had never meant to say those things; he was just angry. He wanted to set things right but didn't know how to start when Sera wouldn't even look at him. 

Jungkook was walking down the hall after class when he saw Sera walking towards him. He stopped when she was close but Sera only walked passed him like he was a ghost. Jungkook closed his eyes in frustration, and as much as he wanted to run after her, he knew that she would only shut him out. He knew how stubborn she could be and he didn't want to make a scene in front of everyone.

He was practicing with his teammates on the field but he was a little out of it and his friends noticed. 

"Hey, Jungkook. You okay?" Jimin asked. 

Jungkook nodded and continued to throw the ball, which barely reached the target. "I'm guessing you're not." Jimin said. 

"What's wrong man?" Namjoon asked. 

"Hyung," Jungkook with a sigh. "How do you make up with someone who doesn't even want to talk to you?"

"You can't." Taehyung butted in. He clapped Jungkook on the shoulder, "Girl problems?" 

Jungkook nodded sadly, "It's Sera."

"I kind of figured. I saw you guys the other day, avoiding each other like you guys have something viral." He joked. 

"I'm not avoiding her..."

"Then she's avoiding you like you had a virus." Taehyung laughed earning a hit on the head from Namjoon. 

"I really messed up, guys." Jungkook said as he kicked on the grass. "She won't even look at me."  

"What did you do?" Jimin asked. 

Jungkook grimaced as he rubbed his nape, "I kind of took my anger out on her the other night."

The boys remained silent. "Then just say sorry." Namjoon shrugged. 

"It's not that easy, hyung." He grunted. "She's being stubborn and she won't talk to me."

"How about gifts?" Taehyung chirped. "Girls like it when you shower them with presents."

"Gifts?" Jungkook asked and thought how it wasn't a completely idiotic idea, considering it came from Taehyung. 

"Oh yeah, the ladies love that." Jimin grinned.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter