If I Stay (Suga, OC) Part 1

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This request is for amusingmurdermachine :) 

Hi dear! Sorry this took so long... :( But here you go! I actually incorporated another request in this... So basically this a fic inspired by Edge of Desire and Breath (SM the Ballad)  <3 Hope it works! Enjoy~

 

"So young and full of running... All the way to the edge of desire." - John Mayer

 

OC- Raehee

Sorry the number you gave dialed is busy as of the moment. Please leave a message after the tone.
 

Beep...

Yoongi stared at the receiver, wondering what on earth he was doing. 

It was a Saturday night, and he should be out with his friends, partying, songwriting, or basically having a good time. Instead, he's here in this apartment, alone, the telephone in hand; dialing a number he swore to never dial again.

He lay sprawled on the couch, sighing heavily as he heard the familiar ringing on the other end; a sound that he's been hearing—has triggered for the past half hour.

Of course she wouldn't answer, he thought. She's—

At that exact moment, the familiar click of the receiver sounded and a familiar voice answered, "Hello?"

Yoongi's breath hitched at the sound of her voice. It's been so long since he had heard it...since she's spoken directly to him.

 

Nonetheless, her voice was enough to make his heart race and his mind reel with euphoria.

Just one word was enough…


Enough to bring everything back... way back to the time when things weren’t as complicated.


~~~

6 years ago
Fall 2008

Like any love story, it all started with two people meeting. 

Yoongi had met Raehee when he accidentally spilled orange juice on her neatly pressed uniform in a little convenience store a few blocks from his high school.  

"Oh!" He exclaimed as he bowed his head apologetically. "I'm so so sorry. I swear it was an accident!"

The girl stared at him then at her stained blouse. "It's okay." She sighed. "It happens, right?"

Yoongi stared at her, not sure whether he should be worried or guilty that she didn't get mad. Either way, he was completely surprised by her calm reaction. "Are you sure? I'm really sorry—?" He slanted his eyes, asking a question.

"Raehee." She smiled as she wiped her blouse with a tissue. "Jung Raehee."

"Beautiful name." He said, making her smile even more and Yoongi couldn't help noticing the cute dimple she had on the corner of her right upper lip. "I'm so sorry again, Raehee-ssi. I—“

Raehee chuckled, surprising him. "Do you ever stop apologizing?" She shook her head, amusedly. "I said it was fine. Accidents happen."

Yoongi grinned that gum smile of his, "Well it's not everyday I spill orange juice on such a pretty girl. I feel really embarrassed."

"Oh so you've planned this, huh?"

Yoongi chucked, "How do you spill orange juice on someone on purpose?"

"Beats me." She shrugged as she looked at her watch. "I have to go, I have class—“

"Mind if I walk with you?"

"Why?"

Yoongi pointed at his clothes and Raehee realized that they wore matching blazers with the same logo embroidered on their pockets. "We kind of go to the same school."

Raehee smiled and gripped her backpack as she went towards the exit. "I have a feeling you really planned this."

Yoongi chuckled as he caught up with her, “Nah, I just got lucky.”

~~~

Yoongi and Raehee became friends not long after that. They spent time together almost constantly: walking to school together, eating lunch, studying at the library, and even hanging out at the mall on the weekends. It was a beautiful friendship they had formed, which later on developed into something more.

"Yoongi-ah likes you." Mina, Raehee's older sister said one day as she was getting ready to go to a fair with Yoongi.

"We're just friends." Raehee said, trying to subdue the sudden rapid beating of her heart at the mention her friend's name.

"I never said you weren't." Mina smirked. "I only said that he likes you." 

"How do you know?" She asked curiously. "Did he tell you something?"


"He doesn't need to tell me anything." She gestured towards her face. "I can see right through him. It's written all over his face."

Raehee rolled her eyes. "Whatever." 

The doorbell rang and the two girls looked over to the door simultaneously. "You're boyfriend’s here."

"He's not my boyfriend!" Raehee protested as she got the door. She opened it up and saw Yoongi, wearing a dark blue sweater and jeans; a smile gracing his pale face. "Hey." He said, and Rae-her felt her heart quicken.

 

What wrong with me?, she thought. 

"Yah! Yoongi-ah?"

Yoongi looked over Raehee's shoulder and smiled when he saw Mina in the hall. "Noona!" He greeted. "How are you?"

"Good." She shrugged. "Going out with my sister?"

"Yep."

"When are you gonna make her your girlfriend?" 

Raehee widened her eyes at her sister's bluntness and she wanted to strangle her right then and there. "Mina!" She hissed.

Yoongi only laughed, "Real soon, I can assure you."

Raehee spun towards him with an incredulous look, "Wae?" Yoongi only smirked and winked before pulling on her arm. "Nice seeing you, Mina noona!"

"You kids have fun." She called as you shot her a glare, which she returned with a sweet teasing smile.

They so like each other, Mina thought. 


~~~


"Let's go on it again!"

"Raehee." Yoongi looked at her like she was crazy. "We rode it twice! You wanna go on it again?!" 

"Don't you?" Raehee looked at the roller coaster they had just got off from. It was definitely one of the best rides she had ever ridden. Fast, with sharp turns and sudden drops, consuming her body with adrenaline. 

"No." Yoongi said as he touched his forehead. "I think I need to lie down."

Raehee frowned, "Oh. Are you okay?" She went closer to him and rubbed the back of his head, her hands traveling down to his nape. Yoongi tried to ignore the sensational feeling of her palm against his skin but it was pretty difficult. A blush crept to his face as he muttered, "Raehee-ah—“

"Do you need water? Do you wanna go home now?"

Yoongi looked at her with a soft smile, appreciating her concern. He knew quite well that she didn't want to go home yet but she was willing to do so for his well-being. "You kidding? I thought I'm still gonna slaughter you at the shooting range?"

Raehee grinned and Yoongi felt like the happiest man alive. "You're on!"

She bounded towards the gaming stalls, with Yoongi following right on her heels, though tired and dizzy. 

The things I do for you, Jung Raehee. He shook his head at the thought.

 

The things I do for you. 

~~~


After an hour playing games at the fair's booth, Yoongi suggested to do something. "Yah, Rae!"

"Neh?" She looked at him. She was currently holding a big white teddy. A toy Yoongi had own at one of the booths a while ago. She felt both flattered and shy that he actually gave it to her…

 

"Here." He shoved the bear towards her.

"What is this?"

"It's a bear."

Raehee rolled her eyes, "No kidding. I meant why are you giving it to me?"

"Consider it a gift."

"It's not my birthday."

"Does it have to be your birthday so I can give you gifts?" 

"No."

"Then just shut it and take the freakin' bear." He chuckled.

"You won it. You have it." Raehee said as she reached out to return it.

I won it for you, he wanted to say. "What am I going to do with a bear?"

"I…” she thought about it but came up with nothing. “Nothing?" 

"Exactly." He smiled as he pushed the bear towards her. "He's all yours."

Little did he know, Raehee was smiling frantically on the inside as she took hold of the bear he had won. 

 

~~


"Let's go to the haunted house." Yoongi suggested.

"Wae?" Raehee tried to act cool, though the mention of the haunted house made her want to run and hide. She was a er for all things horror and Yoongi knew it.

 

It's the perfect place, he thought.

"But—“ Raehee hesitated.

"Are you scared?" he teased.

Raehee let out a fake scoff. "Me? Scared? Never."

"Then let's go!" He gabbed her hand and pulled her towards the ride while Raehee swallowed her whines and tried to act like she wasn't about to die.
 


~~~


"Are we there yet?" Raehee whispered for the nth time as she walked next to Yoongi through the haunted house. It was dark inside, the only things visible where the red lights on the floor that leads the path. Yoongi had his hands in his pockets, smirking as he felt Raehee shivering beside him. He wanted to put his arms around her so badly, but thought twice about it knowing that in a few seconds she would—

A loud bang sounded making Raehee jump and scream, immediately clutching onto his arm like her life depended on it. "OHMYGOD. I wanna get out of here!" She cried.

Yoongi chuckled, "It's alright, Raehee-ah. It's just a—“

A monsters head pops out of nowhere above their heads and Raehee screamed so hard it hurt his ears. She buried her face on his arm and yelled, "Oppa!"

Bingo, Yoongi smirked as he put his arm around her protectively, "Now now...oppa's here. Oppa's not gonna

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter