After All (Jungkook, OC) Part 5

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

OC- Sera

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Sera gasped at the sound of his voice, her heart catching in . She dropped the sketchbook back into the box, which was filled with drawings of herself, back when she was still in high school. She also saw a lot of photographs; pictures Jungkook had taken of her: candid, smiling and even annoyed shots which she had no idea he was taking and compiling. Sera felt like her heart was being ripped apart as she browsed through the contents, the memories flooding her mind like a storm surge was occurring in her head.

 

“I—“

 

“Just get out.” Jungkook said darkly, opening the door wide. Sera’s eyes casted down as she obeyed, walking briskly out of the room. Once she was out, he closed the door and went straight towards the window, watching the rain thrashing against the glass.

 

“I’m sorry.” Sera finally said when she couldn't take the silence anymore. “I didn’t mean to go snooping.”

 

Jungkook only shrugged, “I’m guessing you have questions—“

 

“I won’t ask if—“

 

“I don’t mind.” He said almost instantly. The dullness in his voice scared Sera and she wondered what made it so. It lacked emotion; monotonous, even. “Go on right ahead.”

 

“O—okay.” she muttered, thinking that she might as well ask the question she has been dying to ask since the day she saw him again. “The painting—“

 

“Which one?”

 

“The one Hoseok got from you.” She said and Jungkook remained still, his back turned from her. “Your staff said that you were throwing it away—“

 

“I was.”

 

“Why?” she asked. “It was a beautiful painting. I was actually really impressed with your rendition of Romeo and Juliet—“

 

“Romeo and Juliet?” He half turned, giving her a questioning gaze. Sera nodded. “That’s your inspiration, right? The balcony scene?”

 

Jungkook stared at her blankly, thinking of the inspiration for that particular painting…

 

Flashback

 

"Wha—what are you doing?! Get down from there or you'll hurt yourself!" Sera squinted her eyes and saw Jungkook hanging by the tree, trying to get to the balcony railing.

 

"Sera chill, it's not like I haven't done this before." He grunted as lifted himself up onto a branch.

 

"You were ten the last time you did it!" She exclaimed. "You've grown Jungkook! You’re heavier and the branches could give in!"

 

"Relax! It won't!" He assured her as he continued to climb up towards the railing.

 

"Jungkook—“

 

"Almost there!"

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

“Of course it is.” He said as he turned towards the window again.

 

“Why would you throw it away?”

 

Jungkook sighed, “The same reason with the stuff you saw back in the storage room." Sera’s eyes widened at his answer and felt her heart beat faster, thinking: was the painting really about me too?  “Jungkook—“

 

“My turn to ask.” He said and Sera held her breath for his question. The moment of silence was deafening and she was almost ready to bolt. "How long did your studies take?"

 

Sera gulped, not liking where the conversation was going. "F-four years."

 

There was a pause before he said, "Your turn."

 

"How long have you known Ririn?"

 

"Seven years." He answered. I met her when you left."

 

When I left, she thought, feeling her heart weigh heavier than a ton of bricks. "She's nice. Is she—“

 

"Do you hate me?"

 

"W—what?" She asked, surprised at his question. "Why would I hate you?"

 

"It's a yes or no question, Sera. Just answer it."

 

"No. I don't hate you." Jungkook snorted at her answer. Sera was a little annoyed at his behavior and crossed her arms as she said, "Look, Jungkook if you have something to say—“

 

"I have a lot of things to say." He said a matter of fact.

 

"Then say it."

 

There was a long pause and Sera saw his shoulder slump; a sign that he was giving up. "Forget it. Just—" he huffed. "Just forget I said anything." He moved towards the door, completely ignoring her like she wasn't there.

 

Sera was getting really pissed. She wanted to know what he had to say; for the unending silences to stop. "Wait." she called out as she reached out to grab his arm. Jungkook stopped and tensed at the contact, feeling his heart beating a million miles per hour. He winced at how easily she could manage to do that to him.

 

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook. If you have something to say, just say it. I'm sick of us not being able to talk properly—“

 

"Why do you think that is?" He snapped. "I'm not the one making this difficult."

 

"What?!" She asked incredulously. You're the one who's keeping to yourself! You're not making any sense—“

 

"Really Sera?" He spat as he turned to face her. “Are you really that dense?!" He snapped, annoyance etched on his face as he stepped back to return to the window.

 

"How will I know if you won't explain anything to me?!" She advanced towards him. "If you won't tell me what's wrong—“

 

"What's wrong?" He whirled at her and Sera took a step back at his sudden retort, surprised to see his eyes blazing, his jaw clenched and his hands fisted. "You really want to know what's wrong?!"

 

"Jungko—“

 

"Seven years, Sera." He said. "It's been seven years since you left for the states. Seven years since you left without a goodbye...Left me without an explanation!"

 

Sera swallowed, her heart beating irregularly as she stared at his face, which had an expression mixed with anger and pain. "I—“

 

"Seven years." He scoffed as he switched his gaze to the ceiling, shaking his head slightly. "You had me waiting for seven years. And now you're—“ he paused just when Sera interrupted, "Nobody told you to wait." She said; her statement feeling like a slap and Jungkook felt his breath hitch. "I didn't ask you to wait, Jungkook."

 

"You didn't tell me that we were through, neither!" He exclaimed, looking like he was on the verge of tears. The guilt gnawed at Sera like crazy, her heart feeling heavy. "I—“

 

"If anyone deserves an explanation it's me, Sera." He said darkly as he advanced towards her. Sera took a step back at each question he fired at her:

 

"Why didn't you ever come back?"

 

"Why didn't you answer my calls? My emails?"

 

"Why did you leave without saying goodbye?!"

 

By this time, Sera's back was pressed against the wall, her breathing uneven as she stared at Jungkook looming over with an intense gaze. "Jungkook stop—“

 

"Shut up." He spat and Sera closed , frightened. "You don't have the right to talk."

 

Sera gasped, feeling her tears fall as she looked down on the floor. She felt Jungkook shift in front of her. "Don't cry." He said but his voice was tinged with no emotion. "If anyone should cry it's me, not you."

 

"I'm sorry, Jungkook."

 

"Oh now you're sorry?" He said sarcastically. "After seven years you finally realize that?" He scoffed as he stepped back a little to give her room. "Do you have any idea of what you put me through when you left?"

 

There was a pause and Sera couldn't bring herself to look up at him.

 

"I wish you didn't come back." He said. "I was doing fine, Sera. I was moving on from you. I graduated, got a business; I had Ririn and Jinyoung—“ the mention of their names made Sera wince. "I was moving on from the heartbreak you caused me when you left. But do you know what's funny?" He scoffed. "You suddenly came back just when I was finally able to say that I've completely gotten over you. That box back there," he pointed towards the door, "was proof. I was ready to throw it away, Sera. I was ready to let you go and forget you."

 

Forget me, Sera thought, feeling like a knife was penetrating through her heart.

 

"And now I couldn't." He said and Sera looked up in surprise, seeing Jungkook's face contort in pain. The sight made her heart wrench, and she wanted nothing more than make him stop hurting. "You came back and all of a sudden and now I’m back to square one. I couldn't stop thinking about you.”

 

Sera closed her eyes, her lips quivering as he continued,“At first I was hopeful. Happy, even, that you came back to me but then—“ He trailed, sighing heavily. "You already had someone else and you had no idea how much that destroyed me, Sera. The feeling was worse than when you ignored me all those years... And I realized, I wasn't over you. Not. One. Bit." He laughed bitterly as he leaned his arm on the wall, looking straight. "I was still so damn in love with you!"

 

Sera gasped at his statement and was left speechless. She stared at his expression which was now calmer than before; more melancholic and sad.

 

"Jungkook."

 

He looked up at her and it's like the world has stopped. She has never been this close to him in such a long time and it was overwhelming. It wasn't awkward or anything; in fact, it was familiar... comfortable.

 

"Sera." He whispered, his eyes glancing down to the bottom of her face, right at her—

 

She couldn't remember how it happened but Jungkook's lips were suddenly on hers, soft and warm just like she remembered. It started out as a butterfly touch, uncertain and afraid; but soon turned daring as Jungkook pressed closer, deepening the kiss. Sera gasped as she was pushed against the wall, feeling his tongue grazing her bottom lip, asking for passage which she gave almost willingly; finding herself kissing him back with as much fervor.

 

An innocent kiss had suddenly become passionate and Sera found herself dizzy and unable to think, succumbing to his control. A hand wrapped around her waist, pressing her closer as the other caressed her face, her neck, moving down to her arms, leaving a trail of fire that burned her skin.

 

The world was nonexistent and it was just he and she; nothing else mattered.

 

Kissing Jungkook was different from kissing Hoseok—

 

Hoseok. Sera gasped as the thought hit her, her eyes opening in shock and she pushed Jungkook away. The distance was suffocating and Sera almost wanted to pull him back but the though of her fiancé, waiting for her at home, made her stop.

 

Jungkook was staring at her with an equally dazed and surprised expression. They were both panting, their cheeks red from the heat, their lips swollen from the passionate kiss they just shared.

 

"Sera—“ he started as he moved towards her but she stepped back, holding up a hand to stop him. "No. Please don't."

 

Jungkook gulped, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..."

 

"I have to go." She said as she grabbed her bag from the desk and hastily made her way to the stairs.

 

"Sera!" Jungkook called as he followed her.

 

"I shouldn't have come." She muttered. "I shouldn't have—“

 

"Wait! Sera, let me explain." He panted as he chased after her along the hallway. "I'm sorry—“

 

I should be the one who's sorry, she thought. I almost ruined your family. Damn it Sera! What were you thinking?! He's married for crying out loud and you're getting married yourself... "Just go away, Jungkook."

 

She was out of the building and she immediately hailed a cab. Just then, she felt a ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter