Moments (Kris, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To the fans of "Always & Forever"  (Chapter 45 & 46) <3

Requested by Ewyana . Hope you like it dear! <3 Sorry for the long wait~

"Oppa! Oppaaaa!"


Wu Yifan never thought he'd hear a voice that's sweeter than that of little girl screaming at him from across the hall. He turned towards her with a bright smile, his face practically splitting in half as he crouched down with his arms wide open to catch her. 

Meili jumped into his embrace, giggling as he spun her around. "Hey you." Kris said as he carried her in his arms, letting the kid bop his nose.

"Annyeong oppa~ are we going to get ice cream today?" 

"You bet." He said as he placed her down and caressed her cheek. Meili's eyes suddenly brightened and she gasped when she caught sight of something--or someone over his shoulder. 

"Kyungsoo oppa!" 

Kyungsoo had just crossed the hallway holding a bag of chips, his eyes widening at the sight of the little girl, almost like he was a deer caught in the headlights. Kris grinned as Meili wiggled out of his grip to run to him and Kyungsoo ran from her playfully, the two engaging in a game of tag. 

Kris chuckled as they left then turned when he heard a familiar voice. 
 

 

You stood there walking towards him with your phone on your ear, engaged in conversation. Kris smiled as he watched you wave at him, gesturing for a minute. You went towards the window and continued to talk. Kris, however, wouldn't have that.

He sauntered towards you, his arms wrapping around your torso as he hugged you from behind. 

"Y/N." He said as he buried his face on your neck, breathing you in. He loved how you smelled familiar... comforting, like home. 

"Can you please hold." You muttered as you covered the mouth piece of your phone to glare at your fiancé. "Yifan--" Kris didn't even let you finish before he captured your lips in a sweet kiss. His kisses were glorious and it was impossible not to give into it. 

"You were saying?" Kris smirked as he parted from you, seeing the flush in your cheeks. 

"Let me just finish this call."

"Who is it? Client?"

You shook your head. "Just one of my colleagues who couldn't seem to get--" before you can finish your sentence, Kris grabbed your phone and spoke, "Hello? Yes hi, this is Y/N's husband. Can you please call again later? We're kind of in the middle of something."

He hung up before the man on the other line could answer and placed your phone back into your handbag. You shot him a disapproving gaze as he did. "Yifan--"

"It wasn't important." He shrugged, smiling cutely at you. 

"Husband, hmm?" You challenged, crossing your arms across your chest. Yifan grinned when he saw the silver band glinting against your ring finger; the one object that sealed his promise, his second chance. It's been over a month since the two of you got engaged and the wedding is coming up in a few weeks. There wasn't much preparations to be done, considering that both of you agreed to keep it small and a "close friends and families only" kind of thing. 

"Same difference." He chuckled as he pulled you close by the waist, your annoyance dissipating as he pecked your nose. "I missed you."

"And I--"

"Omma!" Meili yelled as she skipped towards the both of you. Yifan smiled at her, seeing that she was wearing a pretty pink dress with her hair fixed in intricate curls and flowers. Meili's always pretty, he thought. But today she looking extra pretty. 

"What's going on?" Kris whispered to you as Meili held your hand, swaying her petticoat ever so slightly. 

"Oh yeah, I kind of need to ask you a favor." Kris raised his eyebrows, prodding you to go on. 

"Meili's been invited to a party. And I kind of need you to take her."

Kris frowned, "Where are you--"

"I have an emergency meeting at the office." Before Kris could protest, you continued. "Only for an hour, jagiya." 

Kris held out his hand which Meili immediately took, standing by his side closely. "It's not a problem." He sighed. "I just hate that your working on weekends."

You shrugged, "It's work."

"Well that has to change." He muttered and your heart fluttered at his words. Somehow the idea of being a full-time mom, with Kris taking care of the both of you sounded so amazing. 

You smiled and gave Meili a kiss on the forehead. "Kris oppa will take you to the party okay? Mommy will catch up. I just have something to get at the office."

"Okay!" Meili grinned as she pulled on Kris' hand. "Come on oppa! Come on!"

"Okay, okay!" Kris chuckled and as he passed you, he gave your cheek a peck and promised to see you later. You watched them go and sighed, smiling as you watched your daughter and soon-to-be-husband walking hand in hand. 

You knew you had to tell Meili soon. 

~~~

"So what is this party?" Kris asked his daughter who was sitting on the passenger seat, her feet crossed and her hands laying primly on her lap. 

"It's a birthday party, oppa! My friend Hana is celebrating her birthday today."

"Wow. That sounds great, Meili."

"And we're having a tea party!"

"No!" Kris gasped, looking genuinely excited.

"Yes!" she grinned. "You can come too, oppa!"

"But I didn't wear a dress." he pouted as he made a turn at the next intersection. Meili laughed at his joke, the sound bright and melodious to Kris' ears. 

Just sounds just like her mother, he thought amusedly. 

"Oppa?"

Kris glanced at her with a small smile, "Yes darling?"

"Do you like my omma?"

He smiled at her question. Ever since she found out about her mother marrying him, Meili had made it to a point to ask him the same question over and over again. Kris wasn't sure why she did, but he always answered, "I love your omma." He glanced at her as he poked her nose. "There's a difference."

"Why do you kiss my om--"

"Okay--" Kris laugh nervously as their destination came into view, saving him from answering such awkward questions. "We're here. Let's go!"

~~~

The party was held at a stately home downtown. The event was set up at the back garden which was decorated to look like every princess' dream tea party place. Tables were provided and covered with white linen cloths; the chairs were tied with pastel pink ribbons; balloons and streamers festooned the place, colliding in a war of pink, blue, yellow, and peach. 

Kris held Meili's hand as they entered the threshold of the house and they were immediately greeted by a middle-aged woman in a nice dress and high heels. "Meili, sweetie.." She said as she gave her a hug. She looked up and saw Kris, a little surprised. "Oh. Are you Y/N's fiancé?"

Kris nodded and reached out his hand, "Yifan."

"Ana." She smiled back. "Congratulations on the weeding."

"Thank you."

"It's great that Y/N and Meili finally has a man in the house." Ana smiled as she watched Meili let go of Kris' hand to play with her friends. "I've known Y/N since Meili started schooling and well they're like family to me." she told. "I was there in Meili's school program performance, her voice recital--"

Kris smiled and nodded politely, listening to her speak. He found everything so fascinating and he was happy that Meili and you got to do all of those things. 

Without me, he thought. A part of him felt empty; saddened that he had to miss all those years, all those events in Meili's life.

"I'm probably boring you now." Ana joked.

"Oh no." Kris said, giving her a warm smile. 

"Well enjoy the party." Ana

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter