Kiss the Rain (Baekhyun, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I dedicate this to the anon that requested this :P And to everyone who needs a comforting hug, right now. Let this serve as my hug for all of you who are hurting...and upset at the recent news about our dear Baekhyun. I know it's hard now, but things will get better guys.

 

In the meantime, I hope this helps <3

 

You couldn't believe your eyes as you stared at your friend's phone; your heart's fast beating echoing in your eardrums. 

"Y/N..." Soe Eun mumbled as she stared at you staring at her phone, looking like a part of you just died.

You gulped, trying to swallow down the tears that threatened to come as you read the article's title written in bold letters:

Byun Baekhyun spotted with Mystery girl!

Dating an idol wasn't easy. Dating Baekhyun, for that fact, a member of the famous group EXO, was probably the hardest thing you had to do. Simply because dating him meant having to go through a lot of rumors, do a lot of hiding, and definitely endure a lot of lonely nights in your apartment since he couldn't spend as much time as he wanted with you with his busy schedules. Despite that, you loved him and he loved you, and the two of you lived in your own perfect little world. 

That is until now.

The moment you saw the article, you wondered how on earth the media had found out. The two of you were so careful; secretive to the point that you limited contact in public as much as possible. But reading the article, you realized that you weren't careful enough. 

Well, that's what you though at first.

 

As you scrolled down the report, you discover that you were careful enough. It was him who wasn't. You gripped the phone in your hands as you relentlessly stared at the photo the media had taken.

 

Baekhyun inside a car with a mystery girl, doing god knows what. 

The mystery girl being: not you.

"Y/N…" You looked over at your friend Seo Eun and saw an expression on her face that you interpreted as pity and regret. The article—the picture—says it all. Your boyfriend of one year, Byun Baekhyun, has cheated on you.

"Y/N—“

"I'm fine." You said, giving her phone back as you your hands into your hoodie’s front pockets. You bit your lip, unsure of what to do now. 

"Are you sure? Seo Eun asked. "That wasn't exactly something you should be fine about..."

"I'm fine." You spat and you regretted it the moment it left your mouth, realizing how harsh it sounded. Seo Eun was just trying to be a good friend. It must've been hard for her to be the one to bring you the news and here you were snapping at her. "I'm sorry, Seo Eun. I'm okay, really..."

"What at are you going to do now?"

"Isn’t it obvious?" You asked as you grabbed your phone. "Isn't in a mandatory thing to break up with someone once they cheated on you? Because they obviously don’t want you anymore."

Seo Eun watched you as you type in a text, a break up text. She didn't stop you, knowing that you weren't one for confrontations and preferred to settle things through writing. "But…" She hesitated. "You're not going to give him a chance to explain?"

"What else is there to explain?" You said darkly, nudging your head towards her phone. You sighed as you stared at the text you have written:

I don't know what made you do it, but I hope you don't regret anything. 
Have a nice life.
We're over.

"Are you sure about this?" Seo Eun asked again.

You looked at your friend and gave her a weak smile followed by a curt nod, before pressing send.

We're over, Byun Baekhyun.

~~~

The walk home was extremely annoying since your phone wouldn't stop ringing. It came to a point that you had to turn off of the ringer to silence it. But it kept ringing, nonetheless; vibrating in your bag making those awful buzz sounds. You didn't need to look at it to know who was calling. You simply knew it was him: you're ex-boyfriend.  

You ignored it until you were at your apartment and by the time you've arrived, you had a total of thirty-one missed calls and fifteen messages. You opened up some and they mostly contained the same messages:

Jagiya, what are you talking about? …

Jagi.. Why are you breaking up with me? …

Yah! Why won't you answer your phone?! You can't leave me hanging like this.

Hyungs told me a probable reason... I'm sorry.

Let me explain, Y/N.

Y/N-ah, talk to me.

Please. 

You shut your phone, not wanting to see anymore. He didn't deserve to be heard nor did he have the right to explain. You remembered the other night when he told you that he was busy, that he had something to do and couldn't go out with you due to a change in his schedules. It broke your heart then; for it should have been the first time you'll see each other in three weeks.

 

Cautiously, you opened up your phone again and searched for the article. The picture showed up and as you looked at the photo credits, you felt like a ton of bricks fell on top of your heart, burying it deep within the ground. 


Written in black ink was June 18, 2014; the same night he declined your offer. Your body shook as silent sobs escaped your lips. You didn't want to cry, not over this. Not over him. He obviously didn't care about you and so your tears shouldn’t be wasted upon someone like him. 

But you couldn't help it. Leaning against the back of your door, you sank to the floor, wrapping yourself up in a ball, burying your head between your knees as you tried to steady your breathing and subdue the sobbing that hiccupped it’s way out of you.

But the tears kept coming. You cried because you were hurt of his betrayal. You cried because you couldn't believe he could do such a thing. And you cried because no matter what he did, you still loved him.

And that was the most painful thing of all.

~~~

The next day, you woke up with puffy eyes and an aching back from having slept on the floor, crying yourself to sleep. 

You went to school; fixed yourself up, put some make up on to make your eyes look less swollen and less like the hell you were truly feeling inside. Before you left, you checked your phone and found your inbox empty. You tried to ignore the sinking feeling in your chest at how easily he had given up.

 

He didn't even try to get me back, you scoffed inwardly.

 

ing your phone into your back pocket, you made your way out; the sadness you felt easily replaced by anger. 

Screw you, Byun Baekhyun.


Screw you.

~~~

"Are you sure you're fine? Do you want to get our nails done or something?" You were at the library with Seo Eun, doing some extra credit work by helping out in some library duties. As of the moment, you were pushing a cart of books, returning them to their respective shelves as Seo Eun relentlessly persuaded you into doing some "girl stuff" to get over the break up.  

"We can go shopping, or get a make over—“

"Seo Eun." You whirled to face her, chuckling slightly. "I'm fine really."

Seo Eun looked at you, sighing. "No one's okay after a break up." 

You sighed as you turned from her, stacking a couple of books on the shelves. "No, you're right. But right now I just don't want to think about it. I think it's better that way. I need some time to get over it first, okay?”

"A makeover will help—“ she reasoned. “It’ll take your mind off of it in no time!”

You chuckled, knowing that there was no arguing with her. "Okay fine. But can we do it in the weekends? I have tons of stuff to do for school this week."

Seo Eun smiled victoriously, "Of course! Saturday sounds good?"

You nodded weakly and before you went back to work you gave her an insinuating gaze, "Don't you have class or something?"

Seo Eun looked at her watch and her eyes widened, "Oh shoot! I'm gonna be late!" 

You laughed as she gave you a half hug before running to the exit. "See you Saturday!"

"Shhh!" Seo Eun made a peace sign to the librarian by the counter, who shot her a disapproving gaze, before bolting out the door. You shook your head at your friend. She maybe a little annoying but she means well. 

You pushed your cart to the very back of the library, where the general fiction books were situated, since you had several ones in need of placing in that genre. You hated this part of the library, simply because the shelves are so high up and you had to use the ladder, which was a little shaky and looked like it could give in any moment.

 

Filling your arms with several books, you groaned when your phone suddenly beeped. You balanced the book on your left arm as you grab your phone from your back pocket. You sighed in frustration when you saw that it was a message from Baekhyun.

We need to talk.

"Talk." You scoffed as you threw your phone over to the stack of books, continuing your job. "Go talk to yourself." You mussed.

Climbing up the ladder proved to be a tedious job, as you had to balance the books in one arm, and your weight with the other. Reaching the top shelf, you started stacking the books into its respective place.

"I hate it when you ignore me." 

You jumped at the sound of a familiar voice, causing you to loose your balance. You yelped as you felt yourself falling from the ladder, the books dropping with a loud thud to the carpeted floors. You prepared from impact but instead felt strong arms wrap around your body, cushioning your fall. You winced as your back hit something hard and soft at the same time.

"I don't think you should use that ladder anymore. It's too dangerous." You felt the vibration behind you and when you turned, familiar warm brown eyes met yours. You were dazed at first, captivated by his beautiful face and kind eyes. He smiled up at you, intensifying your rapture. "Hey."

You blinked when you realized that you weren't together anymore; remembering the despicable thing he did to you. You immediately pulled yourself up and once you were in an upright position, you looked everywhere except at him. "What are you doing here?" You asked as you picked up the books from the floor. 

"Why aren't you answering my calls?"

"I asked first."

"I'm here," he said as he leaned his hand on the shelf, half looming over you. "Because you weren't answering my calls.” He sighed as you continued to ignore him by stacking some books. “Y/N, we need to talk—“

"There's nothing to talk about." You spat. "The article says it all."

Baekhyun huffed, "Aren't you even going to listen to my—“

"Do you deny it?" You whirled at him. Baekhyun opened his mouth tp answer but then closed it again. 

You stared at him and asked again, "Do you deny it, Baekhyun?"

He remained silent and that was all the answer you needed. You felt your heart drop; the betrayal piercing through your heart once again. You never thought it would hurt so much hearing it from himself; even though he barely spoken a word, letting his facial expressions do the talking.

"Like I said," you sighed as you turned away from him, continuing your job. "There's nothing to talk about."

Baekhyun watched you with a heavy heart as you started to push the cart away. He wanted to fix this, to make it right because he loved you and he wanted you back. "Y/N please..." He said as he caught up with you. "Let me explain. I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was thinking—“

You scoffed, "Of course you didn't."

"I'm serious..."

"Leave me alone Baekhyun." You spat. "I don't want to see you."

Baekhyun grunted as he moved passed you and stopped the cart from moving; a determined expression etched on his features. "I'm not leaving until you talk to me."

You rolled your eyes as you let go of the cart and move to pass him. But before you could leave, he caught your arm, "Yah, Y/N. Will you just listen?!"

"No Baek." You removed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter