Hold Me Tight (J-Hope, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By popular demand... here’s the sequel to Cold (Chapter 136). To be honest, it wasn’t supposed to have a second part but so many have asked for it and so I decided to write one and I think it went...better than the first. haha! 

Rated T for Too emotional ;P

 


Fear.

Everyone has fears.

Some have fear of heights; some of failure or incompetence; others fear spiders or flying cockroaches...

Mine was a single sentence:

"I want you to work with us for the next album."

I felt my heart get stuck in my throat as the PD of Big Hit Entertainment called me up, asking if I can collaborate with one of his artists. 

Again.

"Oh I--"

"You did a fantastic job on their mini album, Y/N-ssi." He said and I felt a swell of pride in my chest, appreciating the compliment. If I say so myself, I thought I did do a pretty good job on the album.

But it wasn't a solo project, a small voice in my head said; my thoughts lingering to a name that made me want to scream as much as it made my heart twist into knots. 

"Thank you sir but," I sighed, hating myself for letting go of something as big as producing another song for one of the hottest groups in the industry today. 

But I knew I would hate myself more if I took the project. "But I can't do it."

"Oh?" The disappointment in his voice is eminent and I bit my lip, hoping for the topic to be closed. "Why so?"

I sighed mentally, not wanting him to sense just how personal the reason was. There was one rule in the industry: It's a business deal. Nothing personal.

But that's exactly what I got into, I winced as I tried to make-up a viable excuse. "Well, I... I just have some other things to attend to. I have a few tracks in line and I'm not sure if I can squeeze in--"

"Just one song for the album is all I ask." He said. "I'd want you to work on the whole thing to be honest," he laughed slightly. "But if you are as busy as you say you are, I'm sure a track won't be too much?"

I laid back on my seat, trying to find a loophole to this nightmare. But with exhaustion seeping through my bones from the all nighter I pulled on last night and the the hunger which was very much being reminded by my growling stomach, I didn’t have the energy to argue. With a sigh, I surprised myself by saying, "Okay. Sure. I think I can take a track."

"That's great! Thank you Y/N-ssi."

I winced deeply at his excitement, realizing just what I've done. "I'll be working with--"

"All of them are now part of the album composition. Even the maknae is experimenting and has even finished a song. But you'll probably working with the rappers like before."

Great, I thought. "Okay. So I'll need the themes and details of the album in a week. So I can start up a demo track and we can have something to work with."

"Sounds like a plan. I'll have their managers get in touch with you."

After bidding our final thanks and goodbyes, I hung up and grabbed the pillow by the couch; burying my face into it and screaming into oblivion.

Nice going, Y/N.

 

 

 


~~~

First impressions are important in this business. 

But I'm afraid doing another collaboration with BTS will give me a half and half reaction: one would be positive considering that my previous job was well done, and the other... well it was personal and I was only worried by one person’s reaction. 

When Yoongi came into the studio that morning of our first session, I released a breath I was unconsciously holding for I secretly hoped I wouldn't have to be alone with him.

"Hey. Good morning." Yoongi greeted and he gave me a half hug which I returned by snaking my arm around his waist and giving him a curt squeeze. "It's been a while."

"Yeah." I said as I stood from my seat. "I'm going to get coffee. You want some?"

"Please." He said as he sat in front of the computer, running a hand over his face. He looked really tired and I sighed before leaving, noting to make his coffee a double shot of espresso. 

It's not that I was any different. I was up late last night finishing up a track for a client then after that I couldn't sleep. That's been happening a lot these past few weeks and I think it has something to do with how I've seen him at Mina's party.

It's been over a year since I ended it with Hoseok and though my pride and ego was the reason we went our separate ways in the first place, by the way I reacted when I saw him at the party proved that I was definitely not over it.

Definitely not over him, I sighed.

There's also the fact that I often found myself staring at my phone every night, wondering whether I should call him or not.

Ruffling my hair before tying it into a messy bun, I pushed the door open to the pantry; only to choke on my own spit when I realized who was there.

Hoseok turned, wearing a sleeveless shirt and shorts, a black Snapback covering his head. We stared at each other for a while and I thought about retreating but I figured that would be too weird and suspicious. So I swallowed my fear and went inside.

But it didn't help how he gave me a warm smile before turning back on what he was doing, which I was pretty sure was hot chocolate because knowing him, he didn't particularly like coffee. 

We worked in silence for a while as I grabbed a couple of mugs on the cupboard and moved to the coffee maker.

"Two?" Hoseok asked suddenly, and I held my breath slightly. "Need a power charger?"

I smiled at his attempt to make conversation and answered, "As much as I need it, it's for Yoongi."

There was a pause as I stirred Yoongi's coffee cup. I was surprised when a hand suddenly reached out and took the other mug and when I looked up, Hoseok was already moving to make my coffee.

"It's fine, I can--"

"No sleep?" He asked, ignoring my protests as he poured hot water into the cup, looking at me worriedly.

Realizing that he wouldn't let me stop him, I let him and sighed. "What's new, really? You have to work." I said more to myself. 

"It doesn't hurt to take a break once in a while." 

"Says the guy who's been promoting non stop since December." I countered and when I thought he would chuckle, he answered instead,

"You know my schedule?"

I bit my lip, cursing myself for slipping. Yes, I thought. "I see you guys almost everywhere." I shrugged. "Hard not to make the assumption that you don't take a break yourself."

"Well that's different." He said as he placed the teaspoon down.

"How?"

"I don't have a choice."

"You always have a choice." I said and I was starting to get agitated, seeing how we were slowly moving towards a touchy subject...towards the edge of a cliff.... to a point of no return.

"Yeah. But even if I choose to take a break, it's like letting the guys down knowing that they're still working hard." He sighed. "Some of the decisions we want to choose may not be what we need to do right now."

Or we can regret in the long run, I thought but I didn't dare say it. 

"Here." He said as he pushed the cup towards me. "Double teaspoon of sugar, no milk."

My mouth hung open at his statement, surprised that he still remembered how I liked my coffee. "T--thanks."

Hoseok gave a small smile before taking his cup and moving out of the pantry without another word. 

I breathed out as he left, running a hand over my face and feeling like a cold rush of wind hit me the moment he was gone. 
 

 

~~~

The track was doing okay and we went in civilized routine for about two weeks till we finished the song. 

Civilized meaning pure business... just writing, a few jokes here and there nothing more. There were no hang-outs after sessions or asking each other out to grab lunch or dinner.

I spent most of my time with Yoongi considering that I only get to work at night and he was almost always available at that time. I was starting to worry the guy was an insomniac but when I asked him he simply answers, "I work better at night."

Whenever I would schedule a much earlier session, Namjoon and Hoseok would often join us.

I guess I was glad I didn't spend much time with them, considering that every time Hoseok was around, I felt like I was always holding my breath and keeping my words short and brief, preventing me from expressing myself more in writing.

But Hoseok doesn't seem to notice and goes through sessions as if nothing happened. Laughing and even joking around as if we were all some high school best friends that’s hasn’t seen each other for a while. 

And I think that's what hurt the most.

The fact that he didn't feel anything... That the hurting was one-sided; and that he seemed to have definitely moved on.

And why wouldn't he? After all, I was the one who pushed him away and it's only right that he doesn't pay attention to a girl who obviously didn't appreciate, fought for or at least cared for what they had. 

I was stupid and now I was paying the price....

I just never thought it would hurt this much.

 



~~~

It was almost midnight when I dropped by the BigHit studio, texting Yoongi that if he was free, I'm at the studio polishing the track. 

As I opened the door to our usual room, I stopped, seeing someone by the piano--his fingers pressing random keys, creating a melody that almost seemed... sad.

I was about to close the door when the guy turned and I was surprised to see Kim Taehyung staring at me with a blank expression.

"Taehyung." I sighed, glad that it was somebody I knew. "Sorry, I didn't know someone was in here. I'll just go--"

"No.." He said with a small smile while holding his hand out to stop me. "It's fine. Are you writing tonight? I'm going in a few anyway."

I bit my lip and nodded before entering and placing my stuff by the table. I sensed the way his shoulders slumped and the sighs that escaped his lips as he continued to play random notes on the piano. 

"You alright?" I asked, concern filling my voice as I rummaged through the music sheets in my folder.

"Fine." He sighed and I rolled my eyes, thinking how the kid can’t get any more obvious.

"It's just that--" he started and I was surprised that he decided to share his problem so quickly. "I feel like I'm not giving enough to the group, you know?"

"Tae--"

"No, noona hear me out." He said as he turned to face me, raising his leg up on the chair. "What I meant was I just don't feel like I'm contributing to the music part of our group enough. Like, I'm no composer..."

"But you're a great singer." I assured with a smile and I saw that he appreciated the compliment. "And a good dancer, I might add."

"Not as good as Hoseok hyung." He muttered and I tried not to comment on that. "Or as good in singing as Jungkook is..."

I snorted at his statement, thinking how ridiculous it was that this talented human being was telling me that he wasn't good enough when he had accomplished so much for his age. When he's become one of the most well-known artists in the industry.

I was about to tell him that but when I saw how upset he truly was by the way he was looking down on the floor like a lost boy; how his lips pouted slightly, and how his usually smiling face was currently masking an expression of sadness and dismay, I couldn't.

Simply because you don't scold people when they're sad. You cheer them up.

Looking down at my folder, I grabbed the music sheet which I placed at the very back; one that I’ve been working on a few days before and something I didn't really had plans for yet. 

I walked towards the piano and tapped Taehyung's shoulder. The boy looked up and I gave him a small smile, "Scooch over."

Taehyung looked up at me with a slightly confused expression before obeying and letting me sit beside him. I placed the sheet on the music rack and said, "There's something I've been working on but I seem to have gotten a block at one point." I looked over at him and smiled. "Maybe you can help?"

Taehyung remained silent as I started playing the tune. It was a sad melody I had come up with one night when I couldn't sleep. The tune kept playing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter