The Chase (Jungkook, You) Part 2

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By popular demand, here is the second part of The Chase (Chapter 80)! To be honest, the scenario wasn’t supposed to have a part 2 but almost everyone wanted one and requested for it so your wishes are my command. XD I hope you like how this story turned out. It really stressed me out cause I had the experience of fighting with my own characters (Sometimes they have a mind of their own lol)

Anyway, thank you for continuing to read and love my stories. <3 Enjoy!

 

"You better hurry up, Y/N! We don't want to be late." Your friend Dana shouted from downstairs. You were currently applying the finishing touches on your make-up; the smokey eyes, rosy cheeks, and cherry red lipstick made you look out of the ordinary. You hardly go to parties for it wasn't really your thing but Dana's boyfriend Jaebum was celebrating his birthday and she practically begged you to come with. 

You reluctantly agreed even if you hated parties; hated crowded small spaces and loud music that hurt your ears and eventually lead to a headache....

"He won't be there." Dana assured when she was telling you about the party a few days before. You fell silent at her words and looked down, pretending to be busy with something. 

"I don't know what you're--”

"Y/N, please. Admit it. You don't want to go not because you hate parties." Dana said as she stacked a bunch of papers on her desk. "It's because of him. Well I can assure you that BTS has a schedule and Namjoon told JB that they wouldn't be able to come."

"I--" Dana held her hand, stopping you. 

"It's fine." She smiled before tilting her head in question. "Though, I thought Jungkook and you already worked it out? At least, your civil with each other now, right?"

You pursed your lips and nodded. That fact wasn't completely false. It has been almost a year since you broke up with your ex-boyfriend, Jeon Jungkook. 

The popular group, BTS’ main vocal, a.k.a. Golden Maknae. And the boy who cheated on you and decided to break your heart into a million tiny pieces. 

Despite his fault, Jungkook had shown his regret and apologized relentlessly. You have spoken to him a few times from when you broke up and have even hung out the way you used to...

But deep down, you knew you haven't really forgiven him and though you saw his efforts of coaxing you to get back together with him; the cute texts, the small gifts, and even the way he would always ask how you were... your fear of getting hurt again prevented you from giving in.

You were still in love with him, that you can admit as much. It was pretty hard to forget the feeling that once consumed every fiber of your being.

But you resisted--resisted for sometimes, the heart doesn't know what it wants... let alone what it needs.

And what you need right now is healing and to move on. Not to risk another relationship with someone who had broken your heart in the first place. A rebound was bad enough but to get together with the sole reason you’re in this position was down right insane. 

"I'll see if I can come." You said with a sigh, deciding to for the 'maybe'; the conversation putting your mood in an all time low.

"Of course you're coming." Dana said confidently. "After all, I already bought a dress."

 


~~~

Staying away from Jungkook proved to be a harder task than you thought. It wasn't easy avoiding him considering that your best friend was his friend too and the two of your were bound to bump into each every once in a while.

It was a Saturday afternoon when Taehyung asked you to hang out at their place; practically pleading you to play video games with him. 

"Tae, you're in a house full of teenage boys. How can you possibly not find a playmate?!" You said as you balanced your phone between your ear and shoulder; tying the laces of your shoe.

Taehyung groaned and you almost chuckled at his childish behavior. "You know none of them are good enough for me."

"Are you saying I'm the only one who can beat you at Battle Mania?" You smirked.

"I'm saying you're the only one I can beat with a little excitement."

"By excitement, you mean?"

"Well for once the game doesn't end in two minutes flat like what happened with Jin hyung last time. And there's the fact that you pretty much know all my moves so the battle is quite interesting."

You smiled at his statement but before you could answer he added, "But I'm still better than you."

"We'll see about that, Kim." You muttered. "Be there in fifteen."

"Bring Coke please." He said before hanging up.

~~~


"NO WAY. THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE! WHAT CHEATS ARE YOU USING?!" Taehyung asked incredulously, as his mouth hung wide open at the screen where his character was lying flat on the ground, defeated.

You leant back on the couch triumphantly, your hands behind your head as you watched your outraged friend in joy. "It's called skill, Tae."

"I can't believe this." He gasped and you chuckled before getting up and ruffling his hair. 

"I'm gonna get some water. Want anything?" You asked as you moved to the kitchen.

"Bring me something sweet to mask my bitter pain." He groaned before burying his face in a pillow. 

Chuckling, you moved to the kitchen to get some water. Opening the fridge, you grabbed a bottle and started to drink. Your eyes wandered around the space in search for what Taehyung wanted.

Something sweet, you though as your eyes skimmed through the cupboards. You perked when you saw a jar of cookies on the top shelf. Capping the lid back on, you paced the bottle down on the counter and moved towards the cabinets.

The jar was quite high and you grunted as you stretched your arm over to get it. Biting your lip, you stood on your tip toes, feeling sweat trickling down your forehead. 

You tried jumping, causing your hand to accidentally slip from the counter. You would've fell face flat on the table if it weren't for the warm hand that supported your waist. You were still looking up at the cookie jar, which was now being taken by another hand and as you looked to your right, you swallowed your spit.

Jungkook took the jar from the shelf and placed it in front of you before looking up to meet your eyes. You felt your cheeks flush at his stare and somehow you found your eyes gazing lower...down to his lips.

"Careful." He whispered and that was enough to snap you out of your trance; looking away immediately and clearing your throat.

"Thanks." You said as you took the jar, looking anywhere but at him.

A pregnant silence hung over the two of you, making the situation more awkward than it already was. You felt a heaviness weighing in your chest as you sense him step backwards and move towards the fridge. 

It didn't use to be like this, you thought.

Flashback

"Jungkook, come on just make me one." You whined as you pointed at his cereal bowl. Jungkook sat down opposite you, placing the bowl down and taking a big scoop of corn flakes before swallowing it whole. You chucked at his bloated cheeks and how cute he looked while munching. 

After he took a spoonful, he pushed the bowl towards you.

"What?" You asked and he raised his eyebrows. 

"I'll just share."

"I want my own bowl." You crossed your arms.

"Come on jagi." He said as he took the spoon and push it towards you. "Or do I have to feed you?"

You huffed stubbornly and sat back, ignoring him.

"Are you really doing this?" He said and you pursed your lips, still not looking at him.

After a few seconds, Jungkook sighed and you heard the sound of a chair scraping against the floor. You glanced up and saw him standing up and walking towards the counter, preparing to make your own bowl. 

Grinning, you stood quietly and crept towards him. Jungkook's back was facing you as he grabbed the cereal box from the top shelf. 

While he was busy with that, you wrapped your arms around his waist, and kissed the space between his shoulder blades. "Gomawo~" you cooed.

Jungkook suddenly turned, crossing his arms in the process as he stared you down. 

"What?" You asked and you saw him suppressing a smile. 

"Say it." He murmured.

"Say what?" You questioned, unable to comprehend. 

Jungkook was trying his best not to smile as he turned his cheek from you. "I'm not finishing your cereal unless you say it."

When you saw his jaw clench, a light bulb lit in your head and you snickered. Sweet name-calling wasn't really your thing and was reserved for special occasions. Jungkook, however, loved it whenever you would sweet talk him.

Taking a step forward, you stood on your toes and kissed the corner of his mouth. You felt his forearms clenching against your stomach as if he's resisting to wrap his arms around your waist.

"Gomawo, oppa~" you said, making sure to emphasize the last word. Upon hearing it, Jungkook turned his head to look down at you, cupping your cheeks and nuzzling your nose. 

"Why can't you call me that everyday?" He asked and you almost laughed at his request, but decided not to when you heard the sincerity in his voice and saw the hopefulness in his gaze.

"Do you want me to?" You asked and Jungkook blushed slightly. You could tell that he wasn't expecting you to even consider it. Knowing you, he expected you to say a snarky remark or make a joke out of it.

Slowly, he nodded and you smiled before kissing the top of his nose. "Fine."

"Really?" He asked and you chuckled at the way he sounded so excited.

"Finish my cereal and we'll see." You winked and he chortled.

"Yes mam." He said with a chuckle before turning around and finishing your bowl.

End of Flashback

You watched as he made himself a bowl of cereal, the memories piercing through you like a knife. As if sensing your gaze on him, Jungkook turned and gave you a questioning look. "Do you...do you want one?"

Your mouth opened and you almost said yes but your head shook slightly and he shrugged before resuming.

"Games with hyung?" He asked, trying to make small talk as he nodded his head towards the living room where Taehyung was.

"Yeah."

"Who won first round?"

"I did."

Jungkook looked at you, a knowing smile plastered on his beautiful face. "No wonder he looked so upset. Poor hyung looked like his ego's been trampled on." 

You snorted, "Well he's just going to have to get used to me kicking his ."

"Yeah?" He smiled before turning back around. "And why is that?"

"Never mess with a girl with a broken heart, they said."

Jungkook stopped upon hearing your answer, a deafening silence hanging in the air. When you realized what you just said, you wanted to snatch them right back in but it was already too late. It was already out there and you wanted to run away and hide.

You cleared your throat to lessen the awkwardness. "Uh... yeah. Anyway Taehyung's probably looking for this so... yeah." You stuttered before moving out of the kitchen. 

"Y/N." 

You stopped at the sound of his voice, your heart hammering in your chest. 

"I wish we can go back to the way we were." He said and you wondered whether he meant as friends or as something else entirely.

You didn't dare say a reply and left his statement hanging...

Just how your love was ignored--forgotten, even; the moment he decided to cheat on you.


~~~


The party was held at JB's pad, which was basically a mansion standing majestically on the hills of a prestigious village in the city. 

The moment you walked in with Dana, the house was packed with people and the smell of sweat and alcohol hung in the air. You caught sight of a few idols and some even greeted you, considering that you have been exposed to these kinds of gatherings and have met several people in the entertainment Industry. 

It was pretty hard not to considering that a handful of your friends were idols themselves. 

Dana led you through the foyer and into the living room where the party was on full volume. Loud music boomed through the speakers, the living room was temporarily transformed into a dance floor and several bodies were crowded in the middle, moving and swaying to the beat.

"Babe!" 

You yelped as Dana squealed beside you before pulling you towards the crowded space. You squinted your eyes and found a familiar form standing near the fireplace, waving and smiling at the both of you. 

JB stood there with a red cup in hand, his smile practically breaking in half as Dana approached and jumped into his arms. You smiled as they hugged then looked away, biting your lip and deciding to give them some privacy; their hug looked oddly intimate. 

"Hey, Y/N." JB smiled and went over to give you a hug. You smiled and embraced him.

"Happy Birthday, JB."

"I'm glad you could come!" He smiled as he returned to Dana's side, wrapping his arm around her waist almost as if it was a reflex. The sight made your stomach churn.

"Me too." You said, trying to sound cheerful. 

"Well there's food in the kitchen and plenty of drinks." He winked.

"Great." You said and as much as you wanted to pull Dana along, you couldn't seem to steal her away from JB, who was looking down at her with pure adoration that everyone should've looked away. 

"You know what? I can really use a drink. I'll see you guys in a bit." You said and Dana moved to follow you. You stopped and shook you head slightly. "Dana, it's fine. I'll be back."

"You sure?" She asked, looking at JB who just shrugged.

"Uh-huh." You nodded with a smile and she seemed to buy it and let you go.

As you walked into the kitchen, you realized just how lonely this night turned out to be.

~~~

It was half past eleven and you were slightly tipsy from the beers you had drunk throughout the night. It was unlike you to drink so much but at that moment, it seemed very comforting; especially when you just saw a familiar face near dining room. 

She had long hair and freckled cheeks; a waist that's to die for and legs that were long enough to make girls cry of envy. You had no idea what her name was nor what she was doing here but one thing was for sure...

You knew her face.

You couldn't exactly forget the girl your ex-boyfriend cheated on you with.

Staring would've been pathetic but you couldn't seem to stop. You thought about what made Jungkook do it. Was it because she was pretty? Has a nice body? Had prettier lips and whiter skin?

The list could go on and on and the only thing missing was to have Jungkook point out to you which was which.

Gulping the remains of your sixth cup of the night, you placed your cheek on your palm, sighing heavily as you let yourself drown in the insecurities—let yourself immerse in the loneliness that threatened to consume you.

If it isn’t already, as small voice at the back of you admitted.

“Hey~” a smooth voice said and you looked to your right only to be met by a dazzling smile upon a pretty face.

“Hi.” You gave the guy a small smile before returning to your position.

“What’s a pretty girl like you doing here alone?” he asked, sitting on the stool next to you. You glanced at him and shrugged.

“Just not in the mood tonight.” You said honestly and you felt him chuckle beside you. Suddenly he was sitting way to close, practically leering over you but you couldn’t seem to make him stop; your body was simply not responding, not in your drunken state.

“I can help with that.” He whispered in your ear. He smelled good, fresh with a hint of mint.

“Hmm?” you asked dizzily, feeling his hand creep up your leg. You swatted it away but he only placed it back on your knee.  

“I can put you in the mood.” He said and you felt your breath hitch when his hand crawled higher up your leg, almost to your—

The hand suddenly disappeared from your thigh and you jumped at the sound of a loud yelp, followed by the scraping of chairs and painful grunts. You blinked then turned, eyes widening at the sight happening in front of you.

Jungkook had his hands on the guy’s collar, slamming him against the wall with a loud thud. You covered your mouth to suppress the scream that threatened to come out of you as Jungkook delivered a sharp punch to his jaw.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” The guy yelled from the ground, his hand on his bloodied lip.

“Touch her again,” Jungkook sneered down at him. “And I swear—“ before he could finish his sentence, the guy kicked at his feet, causing Jungkook to slip and the two of them engaged in a brawl. Punch after punch was delivered until several guys had to com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter