Cypher Confessions (Suga, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hey guys! So for this scenario, there’s going to be a rap battle. I’m no rapper (obviously) so instead, I wrote the message of their rap , which is italicized. Just imagine that it’s actually rhyming and following the beat, ayt? Hahaha!

Ok, that is all. Carry on. XD

 

A point. 

I lost by a freakin' point!

You openly glared at the boy who was currently leaning by your locker with a smug face on. You wanted to wipe off that smile from his pale face as he waved in front of you the recently returned Math exam the two of you took the day before. 

"Face it, Y/N." He smirked. "I'll always be better than you."

You said nothing and continued to glare, your insides bubbling with hatred. Min Yoongi had never failed to ruin your life in every single way possible since you met him in elementary school. In everything you did, he was always a step ahead, a point more, or a tad better. There were times when you would get the upper hand, but he always seemed to equalize your efforts. And by some unknown force, it always ends up in a tie between the two of you.

"Stop smiling, you derp!” You seethed as you crossed your arms. "A point merely proves anything." 

"Aww~" he playfully ruffled your hair but you swatted his hand away. "Someone's not a good sport."

"Whatever. I'll beat you next time."

"Looking forward to it, Ms. 2nd place." He grinned and before you can even hit him, he had already run away, laughing. 

When he was gone you silently cursed. "Ugh! So annoying." You said as you banged your head against your locker, realizing a second later how painful that was. 

"Ow."

~~~
Early Friday morning, you were on your way to your first class when one of your friends, Hyunna, approached you. "Hey, Y/N!" 

"Hey."

"Did you hear? There's a rap competition coming up!"

"I don't rap—“ You said.

"Oh please," she rolled her eyes, shoving you lightly. "I saw your notebook the other day... you write mean lyrics, girl!" 

"When did you—“

"It doesn't matter." She waved her hand. "I'm just trying to say that you should really join."

It was true that you could rap. It was one of your hobbies. You weren't amazing at it but you weren't bad either. You started writing lyrics a few years back when your American cousin took you to one of his "gigs" downtown. Little did you know that he was actually part of the underground rapping scene and the “gig” he had brought you to was one of their big monthly gatherings.

You were surprised by it all: the amount of people there, the competitions held, the performances by the independent rappers, and most specially the rapping. You were amazed by their talent; the way the lyrics flowed with the beat, the way the words practically slide through their tongues in perfect rhyme and perfect synchronization with the music. You were fascinated with Hip Hop and it didn’t take long before you started writing your own music.

It started out as something you did for fun, but soon you engaged in the underground hip hop scene, collaborating with some rappers and creating music with them. But you did so secretly, hiding behind the name “Onyx”. You settled for phone calls and chat rooms whenever you wrote music with fellow rappers and they never minded, simply because you were really good and they wanted to work with you.


You often went to the gatherings as well but introduced yourself in a different name every time; weaing several disguises as well. The thrill of being able to put your words into the beat and at the same time be mysterious in doing so made you fall in love with Hip Hop even more.

“I don’t know—“
“Oh come on, I really wanna see you rap!”
“Hyunna, look. I can’t okay?”
“Why not?”
“It’s just—“ You didn’t exactly know how to tell her that your rapping skills was supposed to be a secret. “Anyway, what’s with all the fuss about this? Since when did you like Hip Hop?”


“I’ve always loved Hip Hop!” she said defensively, missing how you practically dodged her question. You rolled your eyes at her answer, knowing that she had a fairly good reason as to why she was suddenly so rapt at this whole rapping competition thing. And by good reason, you mean boys. “Who is it this time?”

Hyunna grinned, “Okay, it’s this guy in my Math class, Namjoon.”

“Ain’t he a little too smart for your league?” you joked and she smacked your arm, making you chuckle. “Yah!”

“I’m kidding.” You said as you thought about Kim Namjoon, one of the smartest kids in your school. You were a bit surprised since you wouldn’t have thought someone like him would be into rapping. For all you knew, guys like him did Math problems for fun. “So he’s joining?”

“No, he’s judging!”

“Wae?” So he was that good? Impressive…

“Uh huh.” Hyunna said; pride evident in her tone. “He’s pretty famous in the underground rap scene, along with his group Bangtan Sonyeondan.”

“Bangtan…” you mumbled as you tried to search for the name in your head. It was familiar and you probably heard the name a few times but you honestly weren’t familiar with them. You shrugged at the thought. You weren’t exactly active in the past few months with school keeping you busy all the time. And the fact that rapping was just a hobby of yours, it didn’t mean you were constantly updated on what goes on in the Hip Hop scene.

“So what? You’ll be joining?”

You hesitated and looked away. How do you explain to her that you can’t—

“Did I mention that Yoongi’s joining?” Hyunna smirked, making you look up at her. “He is?”

She shook her head, amusedly; thinking that if anything could get your attention, it was Min Yoongi. “Not sure, but I saw him looking at the competition flyer yesterday and he even took it off the bulletin board. So I guess he is.”

You thought about it and felt yourself considering the idea. This is a good chance to beat him, you thought. A perfect opportunity to catch him by surprise…

“I’ll think about it.” You finally said as you shut your locker closed. Hyunna jumped and gave you a half hug. “Awesome! I’m so excited to hear you do your thing.”

You nodded at her with a smile. But deep down, all you could think about was beating the crap out of your rival.

You’re going down Min Yoongi.


~~~

“Yah, what’s this all about?” Yoongi arrived at their usual hangout place, an abandoned skating rink downtown. Six of his friends were already there, chilling and talking. They were also his bandmates and they’ve been together, performing in the underground Hip hop scene for almost a year now.

When he came up to them, holding out bright yellow flyer in his hand, all eyes went to him. “It’s a contest.” Taehyung, also known as V, said as he made sense of the words written on the flyer.

“No sh*t.” Yoongi said as he flopped down beside Namjoon, who took the name Rap Monster as his stage name. “Why is your name in here?”

He shrugged, “They asked me to judge.”

“What the hell.” Jimin chuckled.

“It’s just for fun,” Namjoon said. “Besides, it’ll be nice to discover some new talents.”

The boys nodded in agreement. “Okay,” Yoongi said. “I thought you were joining.”

Namjoon laughed, “Hyung, I couldn’t join if I wanted to. All of us can’t. It’s for amateurs. We would’ve been disqualified.”

“Point taken.” Yoongi said and his eyes landed on Hoseok who had his headphones on, bobbing his head to the beat. He nudged him with his foot and he looked up at him questioningly. He pointed at his headphones and he took it off with a smile. “Whatcha listening to?” Yoongi asked and Hoseok, also known as J-Hope, handed him his headphones. “Some kid sent me a track and asked me to listen to it. Said it was a collaboration.”

Yoongi listened and heard a girl’s voice rapping. He closed his eyes and thought how beautiful the lyrics were and how good the girl was at rapping. “Who’s the girl?”

Hoseok grinned. “I’ve been trying to figure that out. I’ve searched for related tracks with the studio and found several songs. But no one knows who she is. But she has a stage name, though.”

“Yeah?”

“Onyx.”

Yoongi searched for the name in his head and realized that he had heard it a couple of times from some rappers before. “Familiar…”

“She wrote raps for some groups like EXO and Got7.” Hoseok added.

“Really?” Yoongi said, impressed by the information he just heard.

“Then we should ask her to collaborate with us.” Jungkook grinned happily as he flipped the skateboard under his foot.

“You just want to flirt with a girl.” Jimin smirked.

“And you don’t?” he countered.

“I never said that.”

“Yah, you two.” Jin said, knocking the two boys on the heads. “Flirts.”

“We got it from you, hyung!” Taehyung commented; standing up and running as Jin went to chase after him.

Yoongi watched as his hyung chased their alien member, still wondering about the girl—about Onyx. “Why do you think she’s out of range?”

Hoseok shrugged, “Who knows? But I kinda like it…” he smirked. “I like them secretive.” He wiggled his eyebrows and Yoongi flicked his ear. “Ow!”

“Who knows? Maybe we’ll find her.” Namjoon said as he stood up, brushing some dust off his jeans.

“How?” Yoongi asked.

“The contest.” He smiled. “She might be there.”


“Nice, hyung,” Jimin said. “Smoothly trying to get us to agree to perform there.”

“Eh, it won't hurt to try.” He shrugged. “Come on guys, it’ll be fun.”

“What’s in it for us?” Jungkook asked.

“Aside from the possibility of collaborating with Onyx?” at the mention of her name, the boys grinned. “There’s an after party and there’s food.”

“Okay, I’m in!” Jungkook cheered.

“You got me at food.” Jin said as he came back, smiling; Taehyung panting, right behind him.

Yoongi looked at his friends with an amused expression before putting Hoseok’s headphones on once again; shutting out everything and letting himself drown into the beat. He smiled when the girl came on, thinking how good she was and how much he wanted to collaborate with her. He couldn’t understand what was the fluttering feeling in his stomach.

Weird. He only felt that once when he’s with—

He shook his head at the thought and sighed, looking at Hoseok’s mp3 against his pale palm.

“I’ll find you.” He mumbled.

~~~

You finally decided that you were going to do it. You were going to write some mean lyrics and it was going to be so good it's going to make Yoongi cry and beg for mercy. You were going to win and there's nothing--no one-- that could stop you. 

You had entered the competition in secret, not wanting to let Yoongi know of your plans. But by some twisted fate, he found out.

"Yah, Y/N!" You were currently writing lyrics on your notebook and you turned up at the sound of your name. A scowl graced your face when you saw who it was. "What do you want?" You said in annoyance as you closed your notebook; ing it into your backpack before he gets any ideas of stealing it from you. 

"Heard you're joining the rap completion next Friday."

You stared at him in horror, wondering how he could have known. "I didn't--"

"There's only one Y/N in this school." He said. "And that's you."

"You're mistaken." You said as you stood up from your seat and moved pass him. But he grabbed your wrist and turned you around, making you stumble over his chest. You were surprised by the sudden closeness and by the looks on his face, he was too. The two of you remained unmoving staring at each other until you cleared your throat and moved away, ignoring the way your heart raced. You looked up at him and saw him still staring at you.

"What?" You spat.

Yoongi blinked then grinned; his smug expression returning. "I just wanted to wish you luck."

"Aren't you joining too?"

He crossed his arms and gave her a sly smile, "Will you cheer me on?"

"Jerk." You spat as you continued to walk away. 

"Looking forward, Y/N-ssi! Can't wait till you loose again!"

"Piss off!" You hollered and you heard his laughter echoing behind you.

~~~


The night of the competition came and your were a nervous wreck. You weren't nervous about the rapping but about the fact that you would be doing it in public for the very first time. The event was held at the school's park where a tent and a small stage was put up. You were currently backstage preparing for your turn when you decided to take a peek. The moment you did, you wish you hadn't.

It was a full house, but that's not what made you anxious. Amidst the crowd, you saw familiar faces; rappers you've worked with and have seen during the gatherings. There's no doubt that they would be able to distinguish your voice and your secret will be out. You were both psyched and anxious of that fact. 

Half an hour later, the show began and the MC gave out his opening remarks. He also introduced the judges and you almost didn't recognized Namjoon if Hyunna hadn't told you his stage name: Rap Monster. You had laughed at his name at first but when you had looked up some of his songs the other day, you were stumped. He was a monster... That dude can rap! (And solve math equations under two minutes flat). You had developed a sense of respect for him and you made a mental note to collaborate with him.

"Alright, guys! Let's start wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter