Haru (V, OC) Part 1

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taehyung ran a hand over his face, sighing heavily as he leant his elbows on his knees; his face hovering over the desk filled with papers printed with words that cut through him, scaring and worrying him more than anything. He gulped as his eyes scanned through the headlines, his heart constricting and making it harder for him to breathe the more he read.

BTS’ V Mystery Woman....

Young Love: Exclusive Scoop on Bangtan’s V

A Hidden Past?

Taehyung gulped as the headlines got bolder and scarier; worse... closer to the truth.

"What do you have to say, Kim Taehyung?" 

"I'm not sure what you want me to say, sir." He said stoically, keeping his face passive. "These are tabloid headlines—“

"Tabloids have the tendency to twist things they've seen, yes." Bang PD told as he leant over the table, lacing his fingers together as he looked at him steadily. "It's called news framing. They get the dirt and they build a story around it. Crop out the excess,” he waved his hand. “Without any care for the truth." he explained before looking at him square in the eye. "They've seen her, Taehyung. A girl—“

"What girl?" Taehyung asked, looking at him with an equally bored and annoyed expression. Bang PD sighed and pushed himself from the chair to reach for his drawer. Taehyung remained still as he watched him retrieve an envelope, before placing it on the table with a slap.

Without a word, Taehyung knew he was telling him to open it and see for himself. He reached out and opened the envelope, his slender fingers sliding in and touching something...

He retrieved a couple of photos of a girl smiling in what looked like a school uniform. Her hair fell just shy of her shoulders, her face amiable with plump lips and eyes that spoke to you. In the other photo, the girl was holding a paper bag filled with groceries, the photo taken candidly though she still looked pretty as if she had purposely posed for the shot. 

"Do you know who she is?" Bang PD asked and Taehyung paused, his mind going elsewhere.

So much for secrets, he thought.

 

~~~

Flashback

People say that what he did was childish and completely on instinct. Taehyung always thought those people to be the stupidest. 

People always say: "Think it through. Think about your choices and the consequences."

Taehyung scoffed at the idea, thinking how that's exactly why life has become so complicated. 

You see, life is not as complicated as people think it is if only one would open their eyes and acknowledge the truth that's right in front of them. 

The same goes with love. 

Why does love have to be well thought of?  Why is there a need for love to be analyzed? Why does one have to think things through when in reality, the answers are staring at you in the face… close enough to poke you in the eye? 

That's exactly what Taehyung thought when he asked his first love to marry him. 

He was eighteen when he did it, merely at the edge of adulthood when he proposed to her; promising forever with sweet words and passionate kisses. Taehyung always believed in the magic of love; in fate, soul mates, and ‘happily ever after's’. When he met Haru, the only daughter of the couple who moved into their neighborhood and lived right across his house when he was in middle school, Taehyung was smitten by her natural beauty and unique charms and somehow he knew she was the one.

But there was a problem.

Haru loved to be alone and hated company. Taehyung, on the other hand, was very social and loved being around people. When he tried to make conversation one day, asking to walk to school together, she declined politely.

"But we're going the same way—“ he reasoned.

"I'd rather be alone, thanks." She said and went her way with only a backpack and a golden retriever walking beside her.

Taehyung watched with curiosity as she held onto the dog’s collar, following her mindlessly. Though when he got too close, she stopped and the dog looked at him with a slight growl.

"Are you following me?" Haru snapped, looking over her shoulder.

"Can I pet him?" 

"What?" Haru asked, her forehead creasing and her nose scrunching in a really cute way, which made Taehyung smile. "Can I pet him? he repeated with a smile.

Haru was caught off guard by his request and nodded slowly. Taehyung knelt and smiled at the dog, cautiously letting his hand hover over his head. The retriever wagged its tail and nuzzled closer to him until the two were practically hugging. 

"He likes you—?" Haru said—or more like asked. 

"You seem surprised." Taehyung chuckled as he stood up and patted his jeans. "What's his name?"

"Hunter."

"That's a nice name."

"Thanks."

"I'm Taehyung." He said as reached out his hand but Haru remained still, letting his hand shake air. Taehyung frowned slightly and withdrew his hand, the atmosphere becoming slightly awkward. 

"Nice to meet you, Taehyung-ssi." Haru bowed slightly and Taehyung looked up in surprise, catching sight of pink staining her pale cheeks. "I'm Haru."

"Haru." He repeated, though he already knew her name. He just liked the sound of saying it out loud. "Well, Haru-ssi, may I walk to school with you?"

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"I—“ Haru stuttered unable to respond. She wasn't used to having someone with her and the idea of a boy walking to school with her seemed so foreign it was almost absurd. She couldn’t help feeling shy and nervous—

"You're acting like I'm asking you out on a date." He chuckled slightly, making her blush even more. "It's just walking to school, Haru."

Haru bit her lip and agreed eventually. Taehyung smiled and walked beside her with Hunter in between them as he blabber on about homework, music, and Anime. 

They walked to school together every morning ever since. 

 

End of flashback

~~~

Taehyung returned to the dorm with a heavy heart and the beginnings of a headache. As he stepped into the threshold, six pairs of eyes turned towards him with questioning and worrying gazes. Taehyung nodded in greeting before pressing his lips together and closing the door.

"What happened?" Namjoon asked. The members of Bangtan were gathered in the living room, each of them looking half nervous and interested. They have been there since Taehyung was called in by their boss earlier that afternoon. Jin frowned as he watched Taehyung slump onto the couch; his aura dim and problematic, a sharp contrast to his usual lively personality.

"I think they know." Taehyung murmured as he looked down on the ground and the boys' eyes widened. 

"How?" Jimin asked and Taehyung shrugged. "They have photos—“

"With you?"

"No." He rubbed his nape. "None with me. Well there wasn't any real proof, really. It's a tabloid news about me having a ‘mystery woman’." Taehyung quoted.

"What did he say?" Namjoon asked and Taehyung only shrugged. "He said he’d fight fire with fire."

"That doesn't sound good." Jungkook commented from the corner. 

"Don't worry, Taehyung." Hoseok comforted as he slapped his shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "The media will die down. Give it a week or so."

"I need to see her." Taehyung suddenly said as he began to stand, only to be pulled back down by Yoongi. "Hold up, man. Do you really think that's the best idea?"

"I'm just worried about her." Taehyung told, looking aggravated. "There are people following her—“

"Exactly." Yoongi said. "The press is on her heels and are you really going to let them get more dirt on you? Do you really want them to find out?"

Taehyung huffed, battling with himself on the inside. He wanted to go to her, but he also knew that Yoongi was right. If they caught him with her... shot a single photo with him and her in one frame, then that could be the end.


"But hyung—“

"She'll understand." 

"You can go to her once this dies down a bit." Namjoon suggested. "I'm sure everything will be okay. She'll be fine." 

Taehyung nodded slowly and repeated, "She'll be fine."

After a few more minutes of coaxing from s, Taehyung finally decided that it would be safer to stay out and keep quiet. That way, the rumor doesn't blow up and the other party doesn't get hurt.


~~~

People often asked what made him so... 4D? Why was he this way… always smiling, always laughing and full of energy? Where did he get his lively and optimistic personality?

Why is he happy all the time?

Taehyung smiled and always answered the same way:

"Because the sun still shines." 

People would give him weird looks and take his answer quite literally and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter