Headlights (J-Hope, OC) Part 1

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

Requested on Tumblr. Anon requested for a J-Hope angsty fluff so it was up to me to create the story... I hope you guys like it. <3 

WARNING: May make you cry...

OC- Seung Mi-hi

 

J-Hope is the happiest person you'll ever know. He's known for his wide smiles, his bright personality, and his tendency to make the people around him as happy as he is. If your sad or feeling distressed, staying close to this guy could easily turn your frown upside down. Cause that just how he is... happy.

Who wouldn't be happy when you have the world wrapped around your fingers? J-Hope was handsome, talented, and famous. He has a career going out for him; a group which is loved by so many fans across the globe; and the opportunity to share his talents to everyone. But amidst all the fame and fortune, there's one thing which he considers as the reason why he's truly happy... And it's no other than his girlfriend, Seung Mi-hi.

They had been dating for more than two years now and the relationship is going strong. Mi-hi had moved to Seoul with Hoseok, J-Hope's real name, when he got the news that he'll soon be debuting. 
 


"Hoseok," she said. "It's not that simple--"

"What are you talking about?" He smiled at her. "It's the simplest thing in the world!" He grabbed her hands and gave it a kiss. "Come with me Mi-hi. We'll start a new life together in Seoul. I'm gonna be an idol just like we've dreamed, remember? But I can't do it if you're not with me."

"But what about--"

"Please..." He pleaded cutely making Mi-hi chuckle. "You're already starting college in the fall. You can study there. I already submitted your applications--"

"You did what?!" She exclaimed but Hoseok held up his hand with a grin. "And guess what? They want you in!"

"Are you serious?" She gasped, her happiness rising in her chest. She couldn't believe she got accepted to Seoul University! 

He looked at her sternly and the gaze made Mi-Hi shiver. "I'm serious, Mi-hi. I'm serious about wanting you to come with me." He said. "The past two years were hell without you Mi-hi. I was constantly counting the days to when I would see you again." he admitted sadly. "When I debut, I don't even know if I'd have time to come back here...and I won't survive if I can't see you."

Mi-hi was breathless at his confession and felt her heart flutter. Hoseok was a romantic and he never failed to show his true feelings and would go to the ends of the earth just to make ends meet. He loved her that much. "Hoseok-ah...I--I don't know what to say--"

"Say yes." He murmured as he tucked her hair behind her ear and let his hand linger on her cheek. "Come with me, Mi-hi. Let me take care of you." 

Mi-hi felt tears prick her eyes. Since her grandmother died, she had become emancipated and had pretty much lived on her own for the past two years. She had only relied on herself ever since and it had made her strong and independent. But she longed for someone to care for her and when Hoseok came into her life, he seemed like an answered prayer. He made her happy although they barely saw each other. He loved her and she loved him. That was enough. 

And now here he was offering her a life with him... Telling her that he'll take care of her and that they'll be together. "I know you're strong, Mi-hi... But I also how lonely you get. So I'm asking you to let me change that. Let me take care of--" before he even finished his little monologue, Mi-hi had jumped into his arms and kissed him. Hoseok barely had time to react before she broke the kiss, but he was grinning. "Yes. Yes! I'll come with you Hoseok!"

He let out a yelp and scooped her up in his arms, hugging her tight as he spun her around. They were both dizzy with happiness as their laughter echoed through the small town.

~~~
Mi-hi started college a few months later, just as planned. She got a dorm in the university since Hoseok was yet to get a place of his own. She spent two whole semesters adjusting to the city life and getting accustomed with the ways of the school as well as keeping up in her academics. A year later, just when she was about to start her sophomore year, Hoseok debuted as J-Hope in Bangtan and they celebrated by moving into their very own apartment not so far from the group's dorm in which Hoseok would be staying most of the time. 

"Hoseok, you didn't have to get an apartment for us. I'm perfectly fine dorming in the university plus you'll be dorming with the boys anyway."

"I know." He said as he s his arms around her waist, pulling her close. "But I promised I'd take care of you so let me do just that."

Mi-hi grinned and looked around their little haven. It was newly furnished and was just the right  size for the two of them to live in. Mi-hi knew it would often be left empty with Hoseok being busy with Bangtan and she with school; but she thought it was perfect, nonetheless. "Is that your only reason?" She teased and she felt Hoseok chuckle as he looked at her and bit his lip, giving her an insinuating gaze. "I just can't keep away from you, can I?"

"Clingy." She teased as he pinched his nose. 

"But you love me, right?" He asked, smiling that happy smile she had grown to love over the years. 

"Yeah. I love you Jung Hoseok." And with that they shared a kiss as they started a new life together in their new home.

~~~~


Living together was a bliss. Mi-hi could say that their relationship had developed in the months they spent living together and had made them more intimate with each other. Hoseok stays over on the weekends and when he has free schedules, while Mi-hi make sures to clear her schedule whenever Hoseok had a free day. They made it work in the early stages but as time passed, things started to change.

As Bangtan became more famous, their promotions increased, which hardly gave Hoseok time to even come home to their apartment. Mi-hi only got to see him once or twice every two weeks and sometimes it went on longer. There were times when they fought about it. Sometimes it was just exhaustion or anger talking, causing an exchange of some hurtful words but by the end of the day, they resolved it and continue on.

Mi-hi didn't only have to endure being apart from Hoseok, but the wrath of the fans as well. Some sasaengs had found out about their relationship even if she and Hoseok had tried their best to keep their lives and relationship private. She started receiving hurt letters at school and even at her very own doorstep. She immediately got rid of those letter before Hoseok could even see them. She didn't want him to worry over her, not when he's already working so hard with Bangtan. 

It didn't stop with the letters though, and Mi-hi started receiving threats as well. She was even attacked, hurt physically, by some saesengs one day as she was going home,  and if it wasn't for a nice old man that came by and stopped them, she would've been injured badly. Mi-hi had to plead with the man who saved her to keep quiet about it although he protested to take her to the hospital to cure her bruises. She thanked him and ran off, assuring that she was fine when in truth she wasn't. 

Mi-hi tried her best to hide it from Hoseok. She wore long-sleeved shirts to hide the bruises on her arms; she made sure to get the mail and flip through it, searching for any hurt letters then burning then immediately. But she could only keep it up for so long till Hoseok found out.... which he did.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He said as he gave her his iPad. There on the screen were hurtful comments on one of her selcas which had been vandalized. This wasn't the first time Mi-hi saw something like this. In fact, whenever she logged on, she was bombarded with these things: hate mails, threats, and vandalized pictures. The comments were pretty much the same: saying how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter