I'm Here (Suho, OC)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This story is in two POV's... the OC's and the narrator (3rd person)

OC- Song Yoonmi

 

(Yoonmi's POV)

I was busily typing on my laptop when i heard it. 

Glass braking. 

My sister, who was leaning by the door, perked at the sound and our eyes met, a silent message passing between us. 

They're at it again. 

I would be lying if I said that I didn't see it coming. My mom was practically seething with anger as she texted my dad this afternoon. I got a glimpse of her phone screen and saw messages typed in capital letters, partnered with several exclamation points. It was a heartbreaking sight but I knew it was a normal thing between married couples. 

My sister frowned as she opened the door and we heard it:

The sound of our parents fighting. 

"Close the door, Jiyun." I said flatly, though my heart was racing in my chest and my mind was reeling with negative thoughts. What on earth is happening down there?

Just when Jiyun was going to close the door, it swung open revealing my little brother, Woojin, hiccuping; his eyes flooding with tears. "Noona!"

My senses kicked in and I immediately got up from where I was sitting and took Woojin's shaking body into my arms. 

"They're fighting!" he cried. "I was just eating and they were screaming in front of me!"

"Shh..." I rubbed his back. "It's okay..." I looked up and saw Jiyun staring at me with a knowing look. She was old enough to know that everything was not fine. She was a lot stronger than me and in her eyes I saw fire igniting. She wanted to go down there and get in between them; to stop the fight. I closed my mouth and gave her a stern look; sending her a message that said: interfering might make things worse. 

She looked away sadly as the voices echoed through our bedroom door. I said a silent prayer in my mind that things were still okay with my parents and that we'll be able to get through this. But the sound of the glass breaking a while ago made me doubt...

And scared the hell out of me. 

~~~~
(Narrator's POV)

Suho was having a break from practice when he thought of calling his girlfriend, Yoonmi. It was his birthday tomorrow and he had a free day and of course he wanted nothing more but to spend it with her. They hardly got to go on dates considering that EXO had just started their promotions for their new mini album and their schedules were pretty much jam packed. 

He opened his phone and a picture of Yoonmi welcomed him, making him smile. Words couldn't describe how much he misses her at that moment and all he wanted was to hear her voice. He had her on speed dial and Suho couldn't keep his excitement when the phone started ringing. But his hopes were suddenly shattered when the familiar tone beeped and he was sent right into voice mail. 

"Huh. That's weird." He mumbled as he tried again, only to be sent to her voice mail again. 

"Okay guys! Let's continue!" Their dance instructor yelled from across the room. Suho huffed and settled for sending her a text instead; telling himself that he'd call again on his next break. 

~~~
 

(Yoonmi's POV)


My mom went in a few minutes later, surprisingly with no tears in her eyes but looking upset, nonetheless. She took one look at Woojin in my arms and I saw the way her eyes dimmed. Woojin walked towards her and gave her a hug. She looked at me, then; sending a silent thank you. 

I wanted to know what happened. I wanted her to tell me, though I knew half the story already. They always fought about the same things: money... In-laws... usual stuff couples fight about. 
As much as I wanted her to confide in me, we both knew it would have to wait till my siblings weren't in the same room.  

 

A few hours had passed and we were all tucked in bed. My mom had told me that she wanted to sleep in our room for the night, unable to bear sleeping on the same room with my dad. "Just for tonight, sweetie." She said and I nodded in consent. She also promised me that we'd talk about it tomorrow. 

With a heavy heart, I lifted the covers over my body, biting my lip to keep the tears from coming, and forced my eyes shut.

 

A few minutes passed and I knew it was hopeless. I was restless. It's hard to sleep when things weren't settled. I looked at my phone to check the time, but stopped when I saw it flooded with notifications:


7 missed calls

10 text messages

4 voice mails

and they were all from the same person: Suho. 

I opened up the messages, my heart slightly aching as I read each one of them. 
 

Hi Jagi! It's your one and only Suho oppa! :) I'm on a break from practice now... Tried calling you but no answer :(( call me back when you get this, love <3

Jagi! I miss you~ did you get my text?

Yoonmi??

Hello??

Hi Jagi~ I just wanted to let you know how excited I am for tomorrow! We'll be spending the whole day together and it's gonna be the best birthday ever!

At that, I almost choked. I face-palmed myself, scolding myself repeatedly for almost forgetting. It's his birthday tomorrow and I promised we'd spend the whole day together. I looked over to my left and saw my mom and siblings huddled together, sleeping soundly. How am I supposed to leave them? 

I sighed heavily and my hands shook as I sent a reply.

Hey. Sorry for not replying. I was preoccupied... didn't check my phone.

In no less than three minutes, I was surprised to receive a reply:

Jagiya! You had me worried :(( where have you been? 

Nowhere. I'm at home.

Oh. :P can I call you? :) 

I looked over to my family, sleeping soundlessly beside me, and frowned.

Now's probably not a good time, Joonmyun. 

Suho didn't reply after that and I hoped he got the message; and also that he didn't take it the wrong way. I wanted to talk to him...gods I wanted to see him--to hold him-- so badly...but how can I when this is going on? They need me and I have to be strong for them. 

A few minutes later my phone lit up, insinuating a received test message. I scrunched my eyebrows and then felt my eyes widen when I saw it was a text from Suho. 

There were only two words and yet it made my heart wrench, feeling the tears I have kept in for hours trying to break free. Two words that could have been equal to a thousand love letters or the sweetest of kisses. 
 


I'm here.


~~~


(Narrator's POV)

Yoonmi didn't realize that his message was meant to be taken both figuratively and literally. She was surprised when he texted another text; asking her to come down. It took a while for Yoonmi to register that he was actually here at her house, probably waiting at her front door. 

She got up from bed slowly, trying no to wake her mom and siblings as she tiptoed her way out of the bedroom. She went downstairs and her heart raced at the thought of Suho coming to her when she didn't even ask him to, nor did she even tell him that there was something wrong. She held her breath as she closed her hand around the doorknob before turning it and swinging it open.

Suho's back was turned from her but he immediately faced her when he heard the door open. Yoonmi almost felt like crying when she saw his familiar face, his platinum blonde hair, and his pale skin which seemed to glow under the moonlight. 

"Yoonmi." He said with a smile. A smile which made her insides turn and made her heart beat faster than the speed of light. She always loved his smile; the way it seemed to brighten the whole room, and how it could easily make her feel better... even if just for a little. 

"Hey." She said as she tried to return his smile, but it came out a little weak. 

Suho tried to ignore it but he knew that something was definitely wrong. He knew it from the moment she told him that he couldn't call her; which was why the moment practice ended, he immediately made his way to her house. "Hey--"

"Joonmyun." She said almost harshly and Suho stopped, knowing that she was serious whenever she called him by his real name. She stared at him, her eyes pleading. "Please. I don't want to talk about it...at least not now."

Suho was dissapointed by her answer but knew better than to push. He nodded and then gave her a genuine smile as he offered his hand, "Then just come take a walk with me?"

Yoonmi looked at his hand like it was something foreign and then back at her house, feeling torn. "I--"

"Come on... It's my birthday." He pouted cutely and Yoonmi was about to protest except she caught a glimpse of his watch and saw that it was half past 12 AM. She grimaced, "Oh god, Suho--"

"Apology accepted." He chuckled as he held her hand, pulling her in. He gave her a kiss on the cheek and Yoonmi smiled, giving him a peck on the nose in return. "Happy birthday. But I can't stay long, though. They might wake up and find me gone--"

"Hmm." Suho hummed happily as he tucked her under his arm and started their little Midnight stroll. 

Although his warmth was comforting, Yoonmi couldn't keep her mind off her family and it made her very upset. Suho remained silent beside her despite him wanting to talk to her--to console her--but he knew that she would tell him when she was ready and that he'll just have to be patient. 

They were almost by the park when Yoonmi felt something soft cover her shoulders. She glanced to her left and found Suho wrapping his jacket around her. Once he buttoned it up she said, "You'll get cold, oppa."

"So will you." He chuckled as he placed his hands in his pockets.

"But you might get sick and I can't have that--"

"So can't I." 
<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter