Haru (V, OC) Part 2

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Headline: Kim Taehyung dating idol star Su Jeong!

Haru felt like the world was crumbling beneath her feet. She stood by her bedroom window, looking out and though her sight was impaired, she knew the fireflies were twinkling down there through the bushes. 

She knew. She knew because Taehyung showed her himself. 

Flashback

"Come on!" Taehyung pulled her across the fields, right at the edge of the clearing near their home. It was their first year anniversary as husband and wife and the two of them were flushed from the running and the cold. 

"Taehyung-ah...where are we going?" Haru panted and she felt his arm wrap around her waist, his hot breath near her ear as he whispered, "I want to show you the fireflies."

Haru snorted as he pulled her towards a wooden railing and she felt both Taehyung's arms wrap around her waist, hugging her from behind. "Warm enough?" He asked and she nodded.

"Now let me show—“

"But I can't see—“

"Shh." He said as his lips tickled her ear. "Remember what I promised you?"

Haru smiled to herself, remembering the vow he had told her on their wedding day. Taehyung smiled at her silence then nuzzled his nose against her skin, kissing the space between her neck and shoulder. Haru giggled for she was ticklish, making Taehyung smile even more.

"You won't ever have to see darkness now that I'm here." He murmured and Haru felt her breath hitch. "From now on till forever, I will be your eyes."

"I remember." She breathed as she leant her back against his chest. She loved how he felt so strong and warm; how her body fitted against him perfectly, like they were meant to hold each other. "What were you going to show me?"

Taehyung grinned, "Fireflies. They're twinkling like stars...right there!" He pointed to his right where fireflies hovered over the fields and bushes. 

"It sounds beautiful." Haru sighed. 

"They are." Taehyung said as he leant his chin on her shoulder. "I think they're prettier than butterflies."

"But butterflies are colorful, you said." Haru countered and he felt him shrug. "Yeah but...fireflies glow, which is more awesome."

"You know what's awesome?"

"What?"

"Food."

Taehyung chuckled and poked her side, "Can't argue with you on that."

"You can never argue with me." She said boldly.

"I know." Taehyung said, his gaze softening as he let out a soft sigh. "I knew that the moment I met you."

"Yeah?" She turned around and faced him, placing her palms on his chest. Taehyung held her hand and wrapped her arms around his neck before placing his hands back on her waist. 

"Of course." He said as he pecked her nose. "You can never argue if you already lost. I'm already yours..." He sighed as he tucked a loose strand behind her ear. "And it's a game I'm glad I lost."

Haru smiled at his words, "Why don't you ever say it like most people?"

"Hmm?"

"When they find the one, people always say that they've won, not lost. The ‘one’ being the prize they got. How come you don't say it that way?"

Taehyung puckered his lips and let out a thoughtful hum. Haru waited for his answer and almost thought he couldn't. That is until—

"I just think you're far too priceless to be won, Haru."

Haru felt her heart skip a beat and tears stung her eyes but before it could fall, Taehyung leant down and kissed her, removing her doubts and strengthening her love.

End of Flashback

Haru felt her tears fall from her eyes and her body collapsed to the ground as her knees gave up on her. Her form shook on the wooden floors as she placed her hands over her face, sobbing for the love she had lost. 

How could you, Taehyung? She thought. How could you? 


~~~

Minutes turned into hours, hours turned into days, days turned into weeks, and Haru never heard a single thing from Taehyung since the news came out. 

She tried to keep a stoic expression through the day, going on with her life as if it nothing happened, only to lose her composure at night, crying herself to sleep. She waited relentlessly for him to call but he never did and the longer it took him to, the angrier Haru got.

You might be forgetting Kim Taehyung, she thought as one of Bangtan's songs played on the radio; his voice wafting through the room, making her heart crack just a little bit more. 

I'm your wife not your girlfriend. 

~~~

"I'm so sorry." Sohee said for the nth time as she sat cross-legged on the floor, a plate of tacos in between them. 

Haru had lost her appetite but despite that she tried to at least take a couple of bites as to not worry her more.

"I know I shouldn't have watched it but I think you should know—“

"Just because you watched Taehyung and Su Jeong MC-ing together doesn't mean I'll hate you." Haru said amusedly. Sohee frowned at her response, seeing her smile but also seeing her slumped shoulders and sensing her dim aura.

Sohee reached out her hand to hold hers and said, "Has he called?"

Haru frowned slightly and shook her head. Sohee's grip tightened on hers, "That boy is gonna get a kick in the—“

"I really don't want to talk about it." Haru interrupted.

"But—“

"I wish he could've at least told me. Told me that he didn't want me anymore."

"I'm sure that's not—“

"Then tell me Sohee," Haru interrupted, giving her a deep frown. "Did it look fake?"

"I—“ Sohee pressed her lips together and sighed. "I really don't know."

"I was afraid you were going to say that." She murmured as she stood up and moved towards her bed, with Hunter immediately walking by her side to guide her.

"I'm sure he'll call soon." Sohee encouraged. "To explain everything." Haru could only nod as she lay in bed, wrapping a blanket over her frail body, feeling cold all of a sudden. She hated how unsure she felt. With Taehyung, everything was so simple: it was as simple as a yes or a no... A stay or don't go.

Three words with eight letters was enough to make everything okay...

But right at that moment, Haru has never felt so confused and unsure. 

 

~~~
2 days later


Haru woke up to warmth against her neck. She groaned slightly as she shifted on the bed, trying to move her body to the right but something stopped her.  She pouted when she realized something was laying heavily on her stomach, rendering her immobile. As she tried to shift again, a voice sounded right next to her left ear, making her slightly jump. "Mmm... Yeobo, five more minutes."

Haru's heart stopped at the sound of the familiar voice and she held her breath, thinking if she was imagining it or not. 

Imagining that her husband, Taehyung, was lying beside her. 

"T—Tae?" She whispered as she lifted her hand to her stomach, only to be met by soft skin underneath her palms. She sighed, knowing how he felt against her fingertips by heart and no longer needing a confirmation. She knew it was indeed Taehyung cuddling beside her.

A hand clasped her roaming ones and she felt her fingers intertwining with his. Soft lips met her cheek and she felt herself blush. "It's me." He said, his voice gruff with sleep. "Came home last night. I didn't wake you anymore cause you were already snoring." He chuckled lightly before hugging her tighter.

Haru on the other hand felt her heart constrict at his actions, remembering the news; remembering how he didn't contact her for weeks. She wasn't one for confrontations and definitely not one to pick a fight. She simply wanted Taehyung to be the one to tell it to her straight.

"Tae?"

"Hmm?" He hummed as he nuzzled against her neck. "You smell nice." He said and Haru willed herself not to chuckle at his randomness the way she always does.

She sighed and said, "Do you—do you have something to tell me?"

There was a pause before she felt him shift on the bed, feeling him hovering over her. She gulped before feeling soft lips against hers. The kiss was sweet and short and Haru almost forgot what he has done.

"Nothing important." He murmured teasingly. "Just that I missed you and love you." 

As he nuzzled against her once again, holding her tightly in his arms, Haru held her tears at bay as she closed her eyes shut.

She never thought Taehyung—her Taehyung would ever lie to her. 

But he just did, she thought, feeling him so close yet at the same time, feeling like he was already slipping away. 

He just did.

~~~

Taehyung spent the whole day with her doing everything an anything he can possibly think of doing. Haru tried her best to fake a smile, going with anything he wanted to do but by the end of the afternoon, while they were snacking in the dining room, she felt herself snap. 

It started when Taehyung started talking about their new tour and how he might be away for a few weeks.

"A few weeks." She said and Taehyubg nodded as he munched on a piece of sliced apple. "Four weeks at most. I'll be back by—“

"Don't bother." She muttered under her breath before taking her plate and standing up in her seat. Taehyung continued to eat, not hearing what she just said and it only angered Haru more at his ignorance.

"So anything else you want to tell me?" She asked as she moved towards the kitchen sink.

"Should there be?" Taehyung asked, causing Haru to drop the plates into the sink quite forcefully, creating a loud bang.

"Haru?" The sound of a chair scraping across the floorboards sounded. "Honey, are you ok—“

"I'm gonna ask again." She said as she faced him. Taehyung was already standing by the table, looking fearful and confused at the same time. "Do you have anything to tell me?"

"I don't—“

Haru huffed and turned away, pissed. Before she could leave the kitchen with Hunter trotting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter