Nightmare Before Christmas (EXO, You) Part 3

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BY POPULAR DEMAND!

Since everyone was asking for it... Here's the BONUS CHAP! =)) (Part 1 & 2 can be found on Chapter 86 & 87)

Oh man, you thought.

This was not how you wanted things to happen. What you wanted was a simple dinner with your brothers with you smiling like an idiot as you touch the bracelet with your finger tips; remembering the feeling of Jungkook's hand on your wrists, while your brothers give you weird and concerned gazes, wondering if you were alright.

But no. The worse thing had to happen.

 

Almost everyone was gathered at the dining room and as three of your brothers were setting up the table, and three preparing the food in the kitchen, the other half was busy grilling the love of your life—your friend, Jeon Jungkook.

"So, you live in the neighborhood?" Tao asked, glancing at his stick leaning by the wall; making sure its distance was at arms length.

Jungkook was sitting on the couch, sandwich between Chanyeol and Jongdae. You groaned as you watched from the piano, wishing you could disappear right then and there as your brothers began their little embarrass-my-sister-till-I-scare-her-boyfriend-away strategy.

"Yeah." Jungkook answered. "Just a few blocks down from here. We recently moved—“

"I'm going to need specifics." Tao said as he grabbed his phone from his pocket to type down his full address. "Uh… Block 5 Gong street—“

"Oppa." You said sternly and to your surprise—and embarrassment—all of them looked up at you... including Jungkook. Jongdae saw this and knocked him on the head lightly, "She meant us, kid."

Jungkook blushed, catching your eye. You saw the smile hidden in his gaze and you blushed as well, the two of you looking away at the same time. Clearing your throat, you glared at Tao. "Yah. Stop scaring him."

"What's so scary about asking for his address?"

"Looking at you is scary enough. You don't have to try so hard." Baekhyun chuckled, as he sat on the couch's arm rest.

"Yeah, I wouldn't want you anywhere near my house, to be honest." Chanyeol added, giving Baekhyun a high five.

You chuckled when Tao's mouth hung open, looking appalled. “Why you—“

"Dinner's ready, guys." Minseok called from the next room and everyone started getting up. You looked over at Jungkook, just to check if he's still okay. You were surprised when he was already looking at you, a small smile playing on his lips.

Sehun saw the little exchange and rolled his eyes before deliberately placing his arm around you, veering you towards the dining room. “You two are acting like lovesick puppies in a drama."

"We are not!" You protested, though on the inside, you knew that you were and it made you chuckle.

"See?" Sehun pointed out. "You're even laughing by yourself. Crazy." You stuck out your tongue at him and moved to your seat. Junmyeon had pulled over an extra seat for Jungkook and he was now sitting beside you.

"But hyung! I sit next to Y/N!" Tao whined and Junmyeon was just about to reprimand him for being rude to their guest when Kris spoke, "Let him sit next to her." He sighed as he sat at the head of the table. "He's gonna be whining all night if you don't."

Junmyeon sighed and placed a hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "I guess you could sit there." He pointed at the seat across from you and groaned inwardly. Does he really have to sit in between Baek and Jongdae?

"Come sit with us, Jungkook-ah." Baekhyun smiled as he patted the seat to his right, which was just placed by Yixing. Jongdae caught your eye from across the table, grinning his evil smile. You glared at him and kicked his feet slightly under the table.

Jungkook jumped slightly the moment you did and you realized that you actually kicked his foot instead of your brother's. He raised his eyebrow, questioningly and you smiled at him apologetically, slowly dying inside.

 

Jongdae smirked and Sehun, who was sitting beside you was trying to hold his laughter in. You reached your hand under the table and pinched the skin just above his wrist. "Ow!" He hissed and you ignored him, smiling victoriously on the inside.

~~~

 

Dinner started well and you were able to breathe normally. Everyone fell into an easy conversation, even letting Jungkook join in. You were glad that for the first time, they were actually behaving and the all of you actually looked like you were having a nice, normal, family dinner—

"Let's play a game." Jongdae suddenly announced.

Spoke to soon, you thought nervously as you stared at him from across the table, giving him a what-on-earth-are-you-planning? look. Jongdae winked at you then you switched your gaze to Jungkook, who had just finished his meal and was looking around, curiously.

"Ooh! Truth or Dare! Truth or dare!" Jongin chanted and you wanted to throw your fork at him. You remembered the every time time you played Truth or Dare, it almost always doesn't turn out well. Someone always ends up fighting, getting caught at doing something, or even crying. Last time you played, you remembered Baekhyun getting caught for "borrowing" Chanyeol's phone charger, which he broke but didn't say a thing. There was Sehun and Tao who battled which each other on who was a manlier man, which ended up to Tao crying like a little girl.

"I'll go first!" Sehun said as he looked at Jongin. "Yah. Truth or dare."

"Dare." Jongin smirked.

"Okay, I dare you to give Kyungsoo hyung a hug and call him oppa."

"Why would I do that?" he asked.

"Because I dared you to."

"Can we keep this PG and less gay?" Luhan mentioned.

"Look who's talking." Baekhyun muttered, earning a glare from the older boy.

"Hey guys, our guest shouldn't be left out and should have the honors of going first." Jongdae said, his eyes moving to Jungkook, who looked at him blankly. Your heart started beating wildly in your chest as you awaited the question...

"Jungkook, truth or dare?"

"Uh... Truth?"

Jongdae looked at you from the corner of his eye and smirked when he saw the nervousness flashing across your face. He smiled at the younger boy and asked, "How many girlfriends did you have already, Jungkook?"

Everyone in the room stopped to listen and you bit your lip, wanting to die right there. You knew that his answer to that question would be a basis of judgment for your brothers. If he had too many girlfriends in the past, they'd think he was a player and would definitely want you to stay away. If he had none or too little, they'd think he wasn't "manly" enough and they wouldn't want that for you either.

 

Bottom line is, this question was a dead end and there's no way he can answer this without your brothers wanting him to leave you alone. If there's one thing your brothers were good at, it was manipulating things into how they wanted things to be. Especially when it comes to ruining your love life.

"I've had one before but it wasn't serious."

"So you're a player?" Kris said darkly and you could practically feel the dagger-like stares of your brothers. Jungkook is done for, you thought.

To your surprise, Jungkook chuckled. "Not even close. I—it was a middle school thing."

"I often hear from the other students how popular you are." Kyungsoo mentioned as he was cutting the beef on his plate. "Especially with the ladies."

Jungkook shrugged and you tried to suppress your grin when you realized that he was completely clueless on what people think of him. It seems that he doesn't even know the effect he has, or the way he practically drives half the girls in school crazy.

"Really? No special girl caught your eye?" Sehun asked, bumping knees with you. You glanced at him and saw him drinking his water to hide his grin.

"Well, there is one girl—" he trailed and when you looked up from your plate, you were surprised to see him staring at you. The two of you looked at each other from across the table and it seemed like time has stopped and there was just you and him. It was like in one of those movies when everything goes in slow motion and background music suddenly plays in. "But I'm not sure if she likes me back."

You blushed at his words, knowing that it was an indirect question... directed at you. Grabbing the glass in front of you, you pretended to drink to keep everyone from seeing your smile—or to keep yourself from screaming out: Yes! I like you too! Marry me now!

 

Okay, maybe not the last bit.

"I'm sure she likes you too." Sehun said with a smirk and you pinched his thigh from underneath the table making him wince.

"I hope so." Jungkook said, still looking at you but when you glanced up to meet his gaze, he deliberately looked away shyly.

"You guys make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter