Wedding Bells (Chanyeol, OC) PART 2/2

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's part 2! :) Enjoy~

 

Thirty minutes later, Yoonji was at the park walking towards their usual spot, which was by the trees near the playground. As she approached, she saw Chanyeol leaning against the tree, his hands in his pockets and his eyes staring distantly at the horizon. Yoonji stopped and took a moment to look at him. She admitted that he was good-looking. She had always had a crush on him ever since they were in high school when he suddenly turned from that goofy guy in middle school to a tall and handsome guitar player. Almost all the girls at her high school were jealous of her because she was close to him; some even tried getting close to her just so they could get close to him. Everybody loved Chanyeol. He was simply a ball of energy, always full of smiles that could brighten anyone’s day. Yoonji smiled as she remembered all the times they spent together. From their middle school years, to high school, and up until now that they’re adults. She had practically spent half of her life with him and she wondered how could she have been so blind. She hated herself for being so oblivious to his feelings. She was hurting her best friend every single day and she had no idea. And now…

Now what?, she thought. As she stared at him, she wondered how it could have been if he told her? Would he have been in Minho’s place? She shook her head at the thought. She shouldn’t even be thinking like this. I’m in love with Minho. What I felt for Chanyeol before… that was only before, right?

Leaves scrunched under her feet as she advanced towards him. Chanyeol looked up at the sound of her footsteps and when his eyes met her, it felt like a slap to Yoonji’s face. There was no light in them, no life. Chanyeol’s smile was nowhere to be found and the absence of it made Yoonji’s heart ache. He made no move as she approached and leaned against the tree beside him.

“Hey.” Yoonji said, finally breaking the silence. Chanyeol just nodded.

“I’m sorry.” She blurted.

“For what?”

Yoonji scrunched her eyebrows and glanced at him, “You don’t remember last night?”

Chanyeol was silent for a while before sighing and looking at the ground, “I remember. I told you everything didn’t I?”

“In the third person, actually.” Yoonji joked as she tried to lighten the mood. Chanyeol smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes. “I should be the one who’s sorry. You shouldn’t have to hear that.”

Yoonji suddenly felt angry, “What do you mean I shouldn’t have to hear that?”

“You didn’t need to know—“

“I had every right to know, Park Chanyeol!” She hissed, tears threatening to come. “You kept it from me because you were afraid you’d loose me as a friend? That’s bullsh*t and you know it!”

“Hey! I tried to tell you—“ Chanyeol protested. They were now facing each other; the two of them fuming with anger.

“Well you should have tried harder!” Yoonji screeched. “You should’ve at least shown me how you felt.”

Chanyeol stared at her, his eyes wide and his chest heaving. “I did! You were the one who wasn't paying attention!"

”You’re so stupid!” Yoonji yelled.

“So are you!”

“I hate you.”

Chanyeol’s eyes dimmed and somehow Yoonji knew she had gone too far. “Oppa—“

Chanyeol held out his hand, “Don’t call me that.” He spat but his eyes looked genuinely hurt. “Don’t call me that, please.”

Yoonji watched him take a step back as if her mere presence scared him. "Opp—“ Yoonji closed her eyes "Chanyeol. I'm sorry, I didn't mean that."

"I know." He sighed. "Anyway, I asked you to come here because I wanted to tell you that I can't accept your offer. I can't be your best man at your wedding."

"What?" Yoonji exclaimed. "But Chanyeol—“

He held up his hand, "Hear me out, please?" He pleaded. "I can't okay? I'm not even close to the guy."

"It's Minho."

"Whatever." He said bitterly. "I just can't do it, I'm sorry."

"Fine," Yoonji said, as she had no choice but to accept his decision. She can't exactly force him to be their best man. "I'll just see you at the wedding then."

Chanyeol looked away from her and kept quiet. The silence scared Yoonji and she asked, "You are coming to the wedding, right?"

Chanyeol ignored her question, switching his weight from foot to foot. "Chanyeol." she said. "Tell me you're not thinking about—“

"The Company's sending me on a business trip to Europe. There's a new band and they want me to produce their album."

"That's the worse excuse you've ever come up with!" She sneered, but failed as tears fell from her eyes. "How could you bail on me? On what's supposed to be the best day of my li—“

"Don't you get it, Yoonji? I CAN'T!" He busted out, the sight terrifying Yoonji. She had never seen him so angry before. "I can't go because I can't see you get married." He admitted. "I can't see you walk down the aisle in that pretty white dress knowing that I won't be the one waiting for you at the end." Tears started falling from his cheeks. "I can't see you be all happy and teary-eyed as you take his hand and I most definitely don't want to see you kiss him at the ceremony." He cried. "I'm sorry, Yoonji. I just can't. It hurts too much." Chanyeol turned from her and started to walk away. 

"You're so selfish!" Yoonji cried as she ran after him. "I never bailed on you!" Chanyeol kept on walking, ignoring her calls. "Chanyeol—yah!" Yoonji tripped and fell down the rocky path. She c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter